New style car dock

Search This thread

superchunkwii

Jan 5, 2011
Arizona
proclip question

Proclip seem nice but expensive. For those of you who have bought one, do they block or restrict the the air flow when used on the vents?

nunyazz

Oct 7, 2010
BTR
They are not cheap but VERY well made and do not move around at all. Your phone slides in and out with ease. Had one for my iPhone and loved it, so I got one for my fascinate as soon as it was available. With the power chord built in, you can't beat it.
I never used the vent style, I used the clip type that snap to your cars molding.

Reactions: superchunkwii

Holliday

Dec 6, 2010
This looks like what I have been looking for. I want something heavy duty that will not move unless I move it. I hate cheap flimsy docks.

Will probably order one with my next paycheck.

Wadzii

Mar 7, 2009
I just picked up the Verizon car dock to find this out the hard way...

sooo I grabbed a tiny screwdriver and took the "slider" apart/off the dock so the end is now open. Not as easy/convenient as I would like but it will do until we get some sort of 2.2 update.

ludionis

Oct 6, 2008
I just picked up the Verizon car dock to find this out the hard way...

sooo I grabbed a tiny screwdriver and took the "slider" apart/off the dock so the end is now open. Not as easy/convenient as I would like but it will do until we get some sort of 2.2 update.

That's kinda drastic, isn't it? I just flip my Fascinate 180degrees (put it in upside down). My ADW launcher just flips the screen, can plug in my audio on right hand side now.

JJRocker

Aug 16, 2010
South Bend, IN
For those of you that want a Fascinate specific car dock that leaves the headphone port open, check this out...

http://www.amazon.com/Holster-Samsung-Fascinate-OrionGadgets-Accessory/dp/B004GXISO2/

Interesting...I picked up this same dock at my Verizon store with Verizon branding about a month ago for $30. It works quite well, but the phone does not automatically detect that it's docked. If you want to go to dock mode, you have to do it manually. Also, the dock doesn't block the camera and it has built-in cord keepers on the back. Overall, a very good dock if you want to listen to music, but I'll probably order the Samsung OEM dock when Froyo comes out and I can use the audio out.

Arixsin

Oct 11, 2010
Yeah, I will too. I can't stand plugging in multiple cords each time I get in the car. I've heard it is a little tough getting it out of the samsung stock, but I can live with that.

nunyazz

Oct 7, 2010
BTR
With the ProClip mounts you don't have to plug anything in, when you slide it in the dock, It slides into the power port. Much like the desk dock from Verizon. Then slides right out with one hand.

fuzzer

Jul 28, 2006
proclips

Does the proclips mount put the phone in car-dock mode automatically?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They are not cheap but VERY well made and do not move around at all. Your phone slides in and out with ease. Had one for my iPhone and loved it, so I got one for my fascinate as soon as it was available. With the power chord built in, you can't beat it.
    I never used the vent style, I used the clip type that snap to your cars molding.