Does This Device Support Usb On The Go !?

Search This thread

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012
i suppose the chipset supports it but the device doesnt output enough power for an external device to run

Podkasts

Mar 4, 2009
Riga
After some searching I found out that Optimus Black and Galaxy SL have same TI OMAP 3630 chipset (also CPU and GPU) and there is a working USB On-the-go working for Galaxy SL. You can get USB otg for Galaxy SL if you install some modules: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1244744

I tried to install them on my phone, but unfortunately I couldn't get them to install. :( I got an error: "insmod: can't insert '**.ko': invalid module format"

Grakel

Aug 20, 2010
Valencia
After some searching I found out that Optimus Black and Galaxy SL have same TI OMAP 3630 chipset (also CPU and GPU) and there is a working USB On-the-go working for Galaxy SL. You can get USB otg for Galaxy SL if you install some modules: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1244744

I tried to install them on my phone, but unfortunately I couldn't get them to install. :( I got an error: "insmod: can't insert '**.ko': invalid module format"
Omg
Hope this goes straight to optimus black OTG development lol

REAPER1992

Nov 18, 2011
BANGALORE
Omg
Hope this goes straight to optimus black OTG development lol

Dude there is no other way because optimus 4x doesn't support usb otg what makes you think that we ll get it think about it..... if Samsung galaxy s1 gets usb otg it doesn't mean even we will get it.........

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

ogremount

Jul 6, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
It is a shame because none of the phones that have native USB OTG has IPS screen like our black (sort of essential for camera remote operation).
Oh well. Few more months and will get a phone that supports it.

REAPER1992

Nov 18, 2011
BANGALORE
It is a shame because none of the phones that have native USB OTG has IPS screen like our black (sort of essential for camera remote operation).
Oh well. Few more months and will get a phone that supports it.
dude we wont usbotg because 4x doesnt support it what makes you thimk we will get ics any way there is a hero the maker of zues rom is gona buy usbont and develop a kernel

amkaos

Jun 17, 2008
i have an HP Touchpad. it does not support OTG either... but it works just fine if i plug usb drive or bluetooth keyboard and mouse into a powered hub > into the miniusb of the tablet...
i would be somewhat confident that a powered usb hub in between a flash drive and the phone along with a mount app such as stickmount etc..
would also work.
my self powered usb hub is self contained and rechargeable and has 4 ports

Top Liked Posts