[ROM][22-MAR][4.0.3] ICS Euphoria RC2.1 - Enter into new galaxy!

Search This thread

marco1819

Jan 22, 2010
Im going to flash it again.im suspecting that flashing inverted gapps breaks phone.apk..can i just extract phone.apk?then reinstall it again.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Kwaii49

Oct 24, 2010
I like the functionality of this ROM. Especially the Euphoria settings that go way beyond my needs in a great way. But I get occasional FC's on random apps. Nice ROM.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

ibous

Sep 20, 2008
Flac audio playback

It seems that this ROM does not support Flac; am I missing something? I've tried running a search and can't find anything else about it in the thread. I know ICS is supposed to have native flac support but I'm guessing it's somehow missing here. Maybe a kernel issue?

xringo

Jun 3, 2011
My wifi isn't working , i can connect to my home wifi but the wifi icon is grey , instead of blue. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't , help!

=X=

Jan 12, 2011
So I recently upgraded my phone to chimera and have to say it's not worth the trouble. The ROM is very similar to this on and has the same battery life same features. Unfortunately with chimera my GPS is not working if I can't get it to work I will have to switch back to euphoria.

Also it does not work with titanium backup so I've lost all my data.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

AgentFour20

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area
So I recently upgraded my phone to chimera and have to say it's not worth the trouble. The ROM is very similar to this on and has the same battery life same features. Unfortunately with chimera my GPS is not working if I can't get it to work I will have to switch back to euphoria.

Also it does not work with titanium backup so I've lost all my data.

When I was on chimera GPS was never better . Try wiping data factory rest , wipe cache & dalvik cache , format/system reflash . On ICS to make proper backups using titanium backup go to preferences , trouble shooting , click follow symbolic .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: =X=

=X=

Jan 12, 2011
When I was on chimera GPS was never better . Try wiping data factory rest , wipe cache & dalvik cache , format/system reflash . On ICS to make proper backups using titanium backup go to preferences , trouble shooting , click follow symbolic .

That was it, I followed the instructions you provided and it works know. I thx.

tsiah

Aug 17, 2009
Even after factory reset, cache wipe, dalvik wipe, and format /system (before flashing) I don't have working GPS with this ROM.

=X=

Jan 12, 2011
For euphoria you will need to add a kernel that fixed the GPS. For me it was version 8 but others had success with version 6. You can find the file in this thread or go to the team-passion web Site.

=X=

Jan 12, 2011
More info on the chimera front.

After trying Chimera for a week I decided to stick with it it has fixed mst kinks that existed with euphoria. The GPS works and so does deep sleep so long as you don't mix their usages, a reboot will fix this ever time.

On the battery with euphoria in wouldn't last more than half a day, now my phone can make it through a full day.

Liking everything about the ROM I finally decided to upgrade my wife's phone to chimera from froyo (we both have the same phone... One of those BOGO free deals)

She hates it, but that's because she doesn't like to tinker or learn something new she just wants to use her phone. She says on the plus side the battery is much better I look at her phone SHE HAS 22hrs at 65% battery life. That is amazing and she uses her phone all day long.

metalwraith

Aug 27, 2010
South of Boston
Weird, with this rom I did a factory reset, wipe on the cache/data.. Everytime I reboot it doesn't hold my user settings and have to keep logging back into my applications, my user settings vanish such as text messages, etc.

Any ideas?

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
Weird, with this rom I did a factory reset, wipe on the cache/data.. Everytime I reboot it doesn't hold my user settings and have to keep logging back into my applications, my user settings vanish such as text messages, etc.

Any ideas?

Yeah......you wiped data. I honestly would recommend trying a different ROM. The jb ROMs are really getting stable.
At least go to a newer ICS ROM (4.0.4) base.
sent from the depths of helly bean

Last edited:
Reactions: Toast6977

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Passion

P R E S E N T S

ICS EUPHORIA
    bold. beautiful. beyond smart.

ICS Euphoria is based on AOKP ROM by Team Kang.
    Credits goes to them for providing useful framework. Refer below post for their donation link.

Message from Team Passion:​

We thank everyone involved in our journey with ICS Passion and no, it's not over but an new era has began.
    Our Vision is to keep ICS Passion more customisable and future awaits for that.
    However, with ICS Euphoria build from AOKP source and integrated many features of Passion (but not customization of Passion) we intend to keep ICS Euphoria a beautiful ROM resembling stock ICS in many ways.
    At the same time, providing control to YOU to customize way you like! Please note, this is not a PORT but a ROM build for Vibrant from source!!!
    Last but not least, ICS Ecstasy will be developed soon and it will be based on MIUIv4.

Here are some screenshots, however you will discover more in this entire new world.

screenshot2012021813140.png
    screenshot2012021813201.png

The customizable notification pull-down.

screenshot2012021813141.png
    screenshot2012021813144.png
    screenshot2012021813170.png
    screenshot2012021813152.png

Many options to discover the potential of Euphoria... Thanks to the Custom Control Panel Developed by TeamKang (http://forum.aokp.co/)

screenshot2012021813180.png
    screenshot2012021813182.png
    screenshot2012021813183.png
    screenshot2012021813184.png

Yes, you can customize lockscreen too... duo, quad, octo... choose your option of lockscreen icons! even horizonal orientation possible for lockscreen.

screenshot2012021813195.png
    screenshot2012021813190.png

The one of other best things of Euphoria is highly customized and optimized Apex/Euphoria Launcher.

screenshot2012021813203.png
    screenshot2012021813204.png

• Weather Control Notification Panel
    • Optional Navigation Bar
    • Device Specific Settings: Color, TV Out, etc
    • Fully customizable UI
    • Zip aligning of all apps that YOU install on every boot.
    • Auto database optimization
    • Superior RAM management
    • Super smooth
    • Working GPS. Remember who brought GPS for ICS on Vibrant ?
    • Mute/Unmute Fix (not confirmed)
    • Latest Gapps and handy apps
    • FB Sync
    • Many more to be listed later.

ICS Kiss Kernel v5.1 (CWM) [default]
    ICS Kiss Kernel v5.1 (Touch Recovery)

Old Version:

ROMS:
    Download RC2 + Mirrors
    Download RC1 + Mirrors

KERNELS:

ICS Kiss Kernel v5 (CWM) [default]
    ICS Kiss Kernel v5 (Touch Recovery)

None.

Same as ICS Passion but YOU NEED TO WIPE DATA EVEN IF YOU COMING FROM RC1

If you upgrading from RC2 to RC2.1, no need to wipe data. Simply flash over it.

RC2.1 (22-MAR)
    • Updated Kernel to Kiss v5.1
    • ROM Freq set to 200 MHz to 1000 MHz i.e. Removed O.C. by default.
    • Kernel: Fixed headphone 3 button toggles
    • Kernel: Fixed Wifi issues
    • Kernel: Much faster locks on GPS as tested
    RC2 (21-MAR)
    • External SD Card can be mounted now.
    • Revised scripts
    • New Kernel ICS Kiss v5
    • Updated and optimized framework
    • New Gapps and other apps updated
    • DSP Manager fixed
    • Other minor tweaks

RC1 (18-FEB)
    Initial Release.

Stay updated! Join us on FACEBOOK.
    When connected to PC.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

You can grab my framework and services from ICZen and diff the files to fix that. You will need the framework-res and services.jar. In framewrok-res its one edit to storage_list.xml in the res/xml folder, and I also removed the string for umslunfile and its public.xml entry.

In services, its all the smali code inside the \com\android\server\usb folder, jsut replace whats in yours with whats in mine, and then in the \com\android\server folder, just take all of the MountService... smali files (all 20 somthing of them) and replace the ones in your services.jar

Recompile both, and that should fix external usb mounting for you.
    Git repository
    https://github.com/ngiordano

ICS Kiss V3 (kernel)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mm9hl1ma4d382w2
    -Voice audio through dock
    -Fixed BLN
    -Adjusted wifi for stability
    -OC to 1500 (Many devices will not run this high, but it's there for the adventurous. apps could close unexpectadly and your phone may freeze and rebbot. Be sure to uncheck set on boot in NSTools before trying. Use at own risk)
    -Governor adjustments

I am coming from ICS Passion. Do I need to WIPE ?
    A:
    Yes, you need to wipe.

I can't get adequate GPS Locks, what should I do ?
    A:
    Try FasterFix App from market, set location to CHINA and reboot. Also try our updated ICS Kiss kernels.