[rom][NIGHTLY] SlimSaber 4.4.2 - Galaxy S 4G [LINARO KAT]

Do you still have problems with using Slimkat daily? (If not, please hit "NO" only)

• Total voters
Search This thread

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
SlimKat galaxys4gmtd SaberMod 4.8 Unofficial builds
Making SlimKat more faster and smoother

0pvn.png

SlimROM: SaberMod toolchain 4.8
SlimKernel: SaberMod toolchain 4.7

Disclaimer
I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.

After having a good response for some months in the i9100 thread, @fusionjack decided to share this build with n7000. And now I build it for Samsung Galaxy S 4G a.k.a galaxys4gmtd.
This build is compiled using SaberMod toolchain and like the official one, it is built derived from the same source: Slimroms github. @fusionjack could cherry-pick some commits ahead from Slim team or patches from other repositories that he finds useful.
The ROM and the kernel are tested by me first before I make it available online. I could have overseen something during testing, please be understand.
In summary, it is still Slimkat that is compiled with SaberMod toolchain.
!!! Please don't discuss these unofficial builds in the official thread. User can get confuse easily. !!!

Additional changes
  • Compiled with a custom toolchain Sabermod for more performance and better battery life.
  • Compiled with the most GCC optimization level -O3.
  • Compiled with strict-aliasing compiler optimization.
  • Added 40+ patches to fix GCC strict-aliasing violation rules.
  • Added ARMv7 and Cortex-A8 optimized string handling routines for more smoothness and more memory optimization.
  • Added some AOSP fixes and improvements.
  • Added some VanirAOSP fixes and improvements.
  • Added patches from AOSP for better ART performance.
  • Added Active Display and Network Usage from ChameleonOS. Not yet available on kitkat.
  • Disabled SQLite fsync to increase I/O performance.
Installation instructions
Coming from 4.1.x or 4.2.x or 4.3.x or another ROM to 4.4.x:

OK, this is what is working for me to go to/from Team Acid CM9 and has been pretty reliable so far:

Make sure you have backups of /efs put away somewhere safe!

From JB or ICS (make full backups first, at least TWRP and hopefully Titanium Backup or equivalent as well)
  • Reboot recovery
  • Install this ROM
  • Reboot recovery
  • Advanced Wipe; /system, /data, /cache
  • Install this ROM - again
  • Make TWRP backups
  • Reboot

Once you have TWRP backups of your "target" build, you can flip/flop reasonably easily
  • Reboot recovery
  • Restore TWRP backup of Boot of target build
  • Reboot recovery
  • Restore TWRP backups of target build
  • Boot into target

This should work as long as /efs and /radio haven't moved.

Coming from previous unofficial build:
  • Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
  • Flash the unofficial build.
  • No need to re-flash gapps. Gapps will be restored back automatically by backup tool during flashing.
Known Issues
F.A.Q
See second post.

Latest release

Full Changelog
goo.im | d-h.st

Download

Main site - FB's host

Credits
SlimBean - The SlimRom team
SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
Linaro toolchain - Linaro
Slimbanner and signatures - kroz
ChameleonOS features - 0xD34D
Slimsaber creator - @fusionjack
Thanks to Erik for JellyBean Sake.
Thanks to Team Acid: @bhundven @FBis251 @jeffsf @noiphonehere @m4xm4n @RaverX3X,...plus @jt1134 for ICS and Aries Goodness...
Thanks Cooptx for some graphic boy LOL
DJLamontagneIII for LINARO changes

Special Thanks
DHO, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake - for awesome fixes and improvements from VanirAOSP.

BIGGEST THANKS!!! To
FBis251
as he was the man behind the Nightly Factory construction and I was just an idea maker :p

Sources
https://github.com/SlimSaber

Last edited:

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
F.A.Q (Freaking Annoying Questions)

Cannot take a screenshot

See this workaround from davide_ba: http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=3482

Help!!! Root doesn't work!!! What should I do???

From a clean build you need to enable root access for Superuser itself. This is different from 4.2.2 in which Superuser by default had root access on a new install. To do this, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. If an app attempts to request root access before Superuser itself has access, it may cause problems with that app in the future where root requests are silently denied.

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

Short version: It is unofficial nightly builds whereas official one is stable and weekly builds.
Long version: It is built using the same source (github) like the official one but with these following additional changes:

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

Last edited:

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
Last edited:

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
Nice job! But I will hold until somebody can confirm there is no reboot issues, meanwhile Beanstalk is good enough :)

I haven't had any reboot/soft reboot or freeze on my Mom's phone and ART is working more superb and conversion time is faster than the Official build ^^. No camera whacky, no severe problem so far. Anyone can, just try to reproduce the issues tho and I want to know if they'r gone or not, too. Just backup and flash it :D.

BTW, even if it doesn't have or has those issues, I will still close the other thread and maintain this only cause this is built with Linaro/SaberMod plus has various of patches for ART compares to official one so just build this only as well to save my time and resources.

P/s: WELCOME to LINARO KAT :D

Last edited:

ithunter

Jul 22, 2010
Kathmandu
OMG i am happy to see this rom :)
now i hv moved to GS3 :(
their is not any fully bug fixed rom but S4G have(other then residual bug) :(

Farewell !!

Thank You !!!

Reactions: abdovr
While I moved to the Note 3 as my main phone a few months ago, I'm keeping around the GSG4G as a music player. Just flashed this and while I'm having the usual "Why do you do this to me! I have no space!" issues right after flashing due to Google wanting to restore 100 apps or so, I haven't had any other issues yet. :)

Thanks for keeping this phone awesome.

AgainstTheFlow

Nov 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
While I moved to the Note 3 as my main phone a few months ago, I'm keeping around the GSG4G as a music player. Just flashed this and while I'm having the usual "Why do you do this to me! I have no space!" issues right after flashing due to Google wanting to restore 100 apps or so, I haven't had any other issues yet. :)

Thanks for keeping this phone awesome.

I found a GAPP that only loads the core items, thus getting rid of that 100 app restore, and space issue. I loaded this rom first this this morning it has been quite solid and no reboots at this time! The look and the features are awesome! Great Job Dao!

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
I found a GAPP that only loads the core items, thus getting rid of that 100 app restore, and space issue. I loaded this rom first this this morning it has been quite solid and no reboots at this time! The look and the features are awesome! Great Job Dao!

Thanks man! And since Slim hasn't released their inverted gapps so I would recommend using gapps core as it's ok to flash :p. Ok so if this is stable enough, next stop is trying to fix video playback (idk what is the cause for this) and better entropy tweaks enabling in kernel ;). There is also an advance option in settings>storage for switching/swapping the internal and external but it's FC on our phone so let's see what I can do about it

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: kakanario
There is also an advance option in settings>storage for switching/swapping the internal and external but it's FC on our phone so let's see what I can do about it

As per usual, Mounts2SD still works great with this. Just wondering... when the switching causes the FCs, do you have the sd-ext formatted in a way that would work with Mounts2SD or another similar program?

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
Reactions: mataflakitas

Richcar

Jan 14, 2011
Dust off my old phone as I decided to try this word great thanks for your work . I had one problem when I flash the slim minimal - gapps I got lots of force close with android system but the core gapps posted by Dragnzklaw work great.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

ariesgodofwar

Jun 10, 2010
Fenton
Android Wear
OnePlus 6T
Dao, I gave up on ART as the space limitation simply would not work with the apps I wanted to install, and that I use regularly, even moving everything I could to the SD Card. That said, Dalvik Mode seems to be working just as fast as ART, and not had a single reboot related crash as best I can tell after pretty heavy use for 24 hours. Thanks for the awesome work! I even installed Xposed Framewwork and have not seen any issues. Fingers crossed, but am thinking you can call the reboot issue fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKat galaxys4gmtd SaberMod 4.8 Unofficial builds
    Making SlimKat more faster and smoother

0pvn.png

SlimROM: SaberMod toolchain 4.8
    SlimKernel: SaberMod toolchain 4.7

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.

After having a good response for some months in the i9100 thread, @fusionjack decided to share this build with n7000. And now I build it for Samsung Galaxy S 4G a.k.a galaxys4gmtd.
    This build is compiled using SaberMod toolchain and like the official one, it is built derived from the same source: Slimroms github. @fusionjack could cherry-pick some commits ahead from Slim team or patches from other repositories that he finds useful.
    The ROM and the kernel are tested by me first before I make it available online. I could have overseen something during testing, please be understand.
    In summary, it is still Slimkat that is compiled with SaberMod toolchain.
    !!! Please don't discuss these unofficial builds in the official thread. User can get confuse easily. !!!

Additional changes
    • Compiled with a custom toolchain Sabermod for more performance and better battery life.
    • Compiled with the most GCC optimization level -O3.
    • Compiled with strict-aliasing compiler optimization.
    • Added 40+ patches to fix GCC strict-aliasing violation rules.
    • Added ARMv7 and Cortex-A8 optimized string handling routines for more smoothness and more memory optimization.
    • Added some AOSP fixes and improvements.
    • Added some VanirAOSP fixes and improvements.
    • Added patches from AOSP for better ART performance.
    • Added Active Display and Network Usage from ChameleonOS. Not yet available on kitkat.
    • Disabled SQLite fsync to increase I/O performance.
    Installation instructions
    Coming from 4.1.x or 4.2.x or 4.3.x or another ROM to 4.4.x:

OK, this is what is working for me to go to/from Team Acid CM9 and has been pretty reliable so far:

Make sure you have backups of /efs put away somewhere safe!

From JB or ICS (make full backups first, at least TWRP and hopefully Titanium Backup or equivalent as well)
    • Reboot recovery
    • Install this ROM
    • Reboot recovery
    • Install this ROM - again
    • Make TWRP backups
    • Reboot

Once you have TWRP backups of your "target" build, you can flip/flop reasonably easily
    • Reboot recovery
    • Restore TWRP backup of Boot of target build
    • Reboot recovery
    • Restore TWRP backups of target build
    • Boot into target

This should work as long as /efs and /radio haven't moved.

Coming from previous unofficial build:
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    • Flash the unofficial build.
    • No need to re-flash gapps. Gapps will be restored back automatically by backup tool during flashing.
    Known Issues
    F.A.Q
    See second post.

Latest release

Full Changelog
    goo.im | d-h.st

Download

Main site - FB's host

Credits
    SlimBean - The SlimRom team
    SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
    Linaro toolchain - Linaro
    Slimbanner and signatures - kroz
    ChameleonOS features - 0xD34D
    Slimsaber creator - @fusionjack
    Thanks to Erik for JellyBean Sake.
    Thanks to Team Acid: @bhundven @FBis251 @jeffsf @noiphonehere @m4xm4n @RaverX3X,...plus @jt1134 for ICS and Aries Goodness...
    Thanks Cooptx for some graphic boy LOL
    DJLamontagneIII for LINARO changes

Special Thanks
    DHO, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake - for awesome fixes and improvements from VanirAOSP.

BIGGEST THANKS!!! To
    FBis251
    as he was the man behind the Nightly Factory construction and I was just an idea maker :p

Sources
    https://github.com/SlimSaber
    A new build is coming online so HAPPY FLASHING TIME!!! YAHOOOOO. Damn...after 1 month waiting...

So...wassup?

• Updated to Newest Slimsaber source, based on Slimkat 3.6
    • Merged the revert patch for powerVR driver - Thanks Jeffsf
    • Integrated the GPS init script - Thanks to Team Acid ancient work and inimeg81 to find out. So basically, it should work at switching a button.
    • O3 optimizations.
    • Wifi suplicant increased to 300
    • Newest TWRP
    • Maybe this would be my last build. Newers should be rolling out soon from initmeg81 or someone else's build box.
    AND I, especially, want to thank @ariesgodofwar for his donation. Maybe it is small to you but it is really so much in my currency. So thanks man :). (there maybe others' that I might have missed)
    The newest build is online. Changelog:

• Feature: Lockscreen rotation optional
      Settings - Security - Lockscreen rotation. You can choose between 'enable/disable' or 'portrait/landscape only'. Don't forget to enable rotation mode 180° / 270° in display settings.
    • Feature: Quiet hours automatic switch
      Follow ringer mode when ringer is set to silent/vibrate
    • Feature: Add "Starred contact only" to Quiet Hours
    • Disable touch while using the stylus
      It seems like palm rejection is working now. I tested with papyrus app.
    • Re-enable PIE overlay
    • Some memory leak fixes
    • See changelog for the rest of changes
    • Sepolicy fixed for mediaserver and mfc_device for galaxys4gmtd
    A lil update on Knock on feature: I just got the touchwake to work even when the power key is pressed. But sadly, the double touch part is not working yet, just single tap mode works. This should benefit to ones using cover most ^^. Btw, Touchwake module is now updated to 1.1a also. In hope just a couple of days that I can make it fully work on my demand and push it out to public ;).
    New build is up. ROM Changelog, as always: http://goo.im/devs/fusionjack/SlimSaber/Changelog
    Build date: 20140501
    MD5: 55328246555f5ac3164620b92f7a30af SlimSaber-galaxys4gmtd-4.4.2-20140501.zip
    Kernel: 3.0.101-NiLTMTv14.04.01
    Slim version: 4.4 UNOFFICIAL
    Device Changelog:

• Remove Modem.bin flashing process as you all should be on MTD ROMs b4 flashing and to slim down the zip size.
    • Own libcamera tracking (Camera doesn't work on my testing phone, doubting -O3 flag as it did happen the same to Bluetooth on JB 4.3 Slimbean Linaro and as Camera works on Beanstalk which actually is sharing the same device tree with skimsaber except for O3 flags, reported by some users)
    • ZRAM fully supported.
    Kernel Changelog:

• Started from scratch, means it isn't much different from upstream and there will be more to come.
    • Random Entropy tweaks - re-added
    • Deepidle support - re-added
    • Fast charge support - re-added
    • Built with Linaro/SaberMod toolchain 4.7 - Compare to Beanstalk's kernel.
    Download: OP a.k.a First post to get link.

Edit: seems like the camera on my phone is dead that it doesn't work even on beanstalk. And it made a sound like the hardware was in trouble everytime I start the camera so I can't test cam myself anymore, hope someone can report to me how the cam works so I can decide whether keep using O3 flags or not. Thanks!