[Q] Cant flash any ROM's !!! Having withdrawls!!!

Search This thread

greenmuggy

Mar 26, 2009
Ok so I started out on 4.2.2 & never took the 4.3 update in light of all the backtalk about the knox BS... I do my research first lol

But to install a 4.3 ROM I needed to odin the firmware/baseband to mk2... Soft bricked it... Every time I odined that mk2 firmware it would soft brick...

Odined back to 4.2.2 did everything all over again(root & philz touch CWM) & still soft bricked it when I tried to odin the mk2 firmware...

Realized that odin'ing to the mk2 firmware forever ruined any chances of going back to No Knox Stock pre-mk2.

I did however get past the "firmware update FC everything" with a simple factory reset from the devices settings menu!!! Needless to say it wasn't easy between all the FC's lol, but...... Yay no more FC!!!

So, now I'm stuck at stock rooted OTA mk2 with Philz Touch CWM(the only way I could safely get the proper firmware & cant seem to flash a single thing whatsoever...)

I'm a seasoned vet here, ex ACS themer, well over 5000 flashes on my belt & I NEEDS MY FIX!!! Someone please tell me theres a way to flash a ROM after all the BS I've been thru here...

leaderbuilder

If you were trying to flash the MK2 firmware (modem) by Unknownforce one of the things metioned was
NOTE: With MJA/MK2 Firmware, some people report better success with turning Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time unchecked. Do the same flash, but when you see PASS on Odin, unplug the phone and Hold the Power key for 10 seconds to reboot.

Also installing that firmware does NOT put knox bootloader on your system.
Taking the OTA however does!
IF you do have the latest Philz (philz_touch_6.08.9-jfltespr) you should be able to flash most ROMs.
In the last week there have been three or four ROMs that have been updated/released and they all run well. Big thing with flashing is that some builds require different recoveries and/or flashing instructions (as per the dev's OP). Some require rebooting of recovery etc.

Reactions: greenmuggy

greenmuggy

Mar 26, 2009
If you were trying to flash the MK2 firmware (modem) by Unknownforce one of the things metioned was

IF you do have the latest Philz (philz_touch_6.08.9-jfltespr) you should be able to flash most ROMs.
In the last week there have been three or four ROMs that have been updated/released and they all run well. Big thing with flashing is that some builds require different recoveries and/or flashing instructions (as per the dev's OP). Some require rebooting of recovery etc.

Tried this also :( no luck... although im running Philz v6.0.4.5

& once you install firmware that has knox you cant go back to no-knox versions...

Last edited:

greenmuggy

Mar 26, 2009
I just need to flash something lol

I'm stuck at stock rooted OTA mk2 with Philz Touch CWM

what to do from there?

Last edited:

greenmuggy

Mar 26, 2009
Ok as soon as i boot into TWRP & try to flash the newest Philz CWM it wont take...

greenmuggy

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah... I'm stuck at v6.0.4.6 PhilZ Touch

Is there an odin for this 6.0.8???

I give up for now, its bed time too many beers lol...

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
I think the partition that holds the recovery.img might have gotten corrupted or something that is causing your problems. I would try using odin 3.09 to flash the MK2 full stock tar to bring your phone back to an unaltered state. Then re root using safe root or cf autoroot. Then try to install the recovery you want. Might be less of a headache then fighting this problem you keep having getting a recovery to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the partition that holds the recovery.img might have gotten corrupted or something that is causing your problems. I would try using odin 3.09 to flash the MK2 full stock tar to bring your phone back to an unaltered state. Then re root using safe root or cf autoroot. Then try to install the recovery you want. Might be less of a headache then fighting this problem you keep having getting a recovery to work.
    NOTE: With MJA/MK2 Firmware, some people report better success with turning Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time unchecked. Do the same flash, but when you see PASS on Odin, unplug the phone and Hold the Power key for 10 seconds to reboot.

try flashing the latest twrp from Philz, reboot recovery then in TWRP goto advanced and 'fix permissions. Then reboot.
    Then back to recovery, flash Philz, reboot recovery and try install from again.
    try flashing the latest twrp from Philz, reboot recovery then in TWRP goto advanced and 'fix permissions. Then reboot.
    Then back to recovery, flash Philz, reboot recovery and try install from again.

never tried that lol

i only odined Philz
    never tried that lol

i only odined Philz
    I keep zips of both recoveries on my externalSD card for just that.