XT926 Razr Maxx HD rooted but locked HELP

Search This thread

phraxen

May 1, 2009
OK, thanks. Figured as much. Not the end of the world. Guess I'll wait a few months and get a dev edition of something.

kadesxys

Jun 2, 2014
Vancouver
just to make sure i got this.......

my razr also got stuck on a boot loop after accidentally applying the kitkat update. it was flashed to cricket. anyways if I'm correct i follow one of the previous links (which one is question 1). what i didn't see was one as the same version as mine(question 2) which link should i go for.

system version/ 9.1.41.xt926.Verizon.en.us
boot mode/ 10.9B
device is locked
was flashed to cricket but not rooted

i hope this is enough info willing to give more if needed

iBolski

my razr also got stuck on a boot loop after accidentally applying the kitkat update. it was flashed to cricket. anyways if I'm correct i follow one of the previous links (which one is question 1). what i didn't see was one as the same version as mine(question 2) which link should i go for.

boot mode/ 10.9B
device is locked

Since you are locked, you must go with the KK firmware. Get it from here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=5

It's too bad that you took the OTA. You were on a version that could have been unlocked. Shame. Now, it's too late. There is NO way to go back to a previous version with a locked bootloader, period. This means you've lost root and must now stay on KitKat.

Still, this KitKat upgrade is not all bad. There are some minor annoyances (popping noise for some people like me), but otherwise, it's a pretty darned good update it you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: kadesxys

kadesxys

Jun 2, 2014
Vancouver
if the OTA didn't finsh......

.....does that mean i can or can't got back to JB i'm just clairifing. (i'm sure i understand that its KK or nothing) thank you again

jbt816

Sep 26, 2012
Tyler
KK OTA update

I've got a Razr HD xt926 running 4.1.2 (and 9.18.94).

I rooted and installed Safestrap 3.63 (I have a locked bootloader). I've tried to flash several roms without success with the latest being ragerom. Each time I get an "error executing updater binary in zip". Not sure if my issue lies in safestrap or is it in something else? I've looked all over the internet and not really found any kind of fix or workaround.

Interestingly, the Motorola Rage logo did manage to get into the reboot (replacing the red M).

After that happened, I heard KK update was coming out so I removed safestrap and unrooted. The Rage logo was still there on boot up.

I've tried several times to get the KK update but it has failed everytime. I assumed it was because this Rage logo was still hanging on. I went to a Verizon forum and others with stock phones (never rooted) were having issues as well. Appears as if no one can get the KK OTA...and I've heard some not-so-good things about KK.

So, I rooted again and loaded safestrap and am trying to find a rom that will flash, no luck.

I guess what I want is to be able to get the KK OTA and just be happy with a phone that I cannot ever root, but I don't know how to replace the Rage logo.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I've got a Razr HD xt926 running 4.1.2 (and 9.18.94).

I rooted and installed Safestrap 3.63 (I have a locked bootloader). I've tried to flash several roms without success with the latest being ragerom. Each time I get an "error executing updater binary in zip". Not sure if my issue lies in safestrap or is it in something else? I've looked all over the internet and not really found any kind of fix or workaround.

Interestingly, the Motorola Rage logo did manage to get into the reboot (replacing the red M).

After that happened, I heard KK update was coming out so I removed safestrap and unrooted. The Rage logo was still there on boot up.

I've tried several times to get the KK update but it has failed everytime. I assumed it was because this Rage logo was still hanging on. I went to a Verizon forum and others with stock phones (never rooted) were having issues as well. Appears as if no one can get the KK OTA...and I've heard some not-so-good things about KK.

So, I rooted again and loaded safestrap and am trying to find a rom that will flash, no luck.

I guess what I want is to be able to get the KK OTA and just be happy with a phone that I cannot ever root, but I don't know how to replace the Rage logo.

Thanks for any advice.

flash with this to get to stock kk
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474393

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Thanks. I'm reading this forum and it looks like it does a data wipe.

On another forum, I've been reading about using RSD Lite and going to 4.4.2, but it says no data loss. What do you think?

i think you didnt read the hole post,
"Download version 1.4 KitKat (05/22/2014) (this is a FULL version and can be used to flash from any version to KitKat. Data Wipe or NO Data Wipe files are included also.)"

SamirSayan

Oct 20, 2015
Hey everyone so i have a XT926
System version 9.18.79.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Android version 4.1.2
Build 9.8.1Q-79
Boot Mode 10.9B
AP Fastboot flash (device is locked status code 0
So about 6 months ago i tried to root and unlock phone, i rooted fine but messed up on the unlock. And the phone was stuck in boot loop. anyways i was able with help from here on XDA get it out of boot loop and working.

How did you get out of boot loop?
Can you give me the link?
Please help me with the method.
Thank you :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there:

I've been following this thread, as I'm in a similar situation. I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with either rooted JB or unrooted KK, but just wanted to confirm.

Here's what I have:

-Phone: Razr HD
    -System version: 9.18.94.XT926 (VZW US)
    -Android: 4.1.2
    -Rooted
    -Locked bootloader

I'd love some clarifications/confirmations on the following, if anyone has them:

-There is no way to downgrade the system version to an unlockable version (like 9.16). Not even with flashing back to stock everything with the Droid Razr HD Utility.

-There is currently no way to root KK without an unlocked bootloader.

-If I unroot (flash back to stock) and upgrade, I will lose root and likely not get it back.

-The only way for me to currently keep root is to stay on JB.

I'm not interested in custom ROMs, just root.

Thanks in advance.

-no, cant be done
    -correct
    -correct
    -correct

boot mode/ 10.9B
    device is locked

Since you are locked, you must go with the KK firmware. Get it from here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=5

It's too bad that you took the OTA. You were on a version that could have been unlocked. Shame. Now, it's too late. There is NO way to go back to a previous version with a locked bootloader, period. This means you've lost root and must now stay on KitKat.

Still, this KitKat upgrade is not all bad. There are some minor annoyances (popping noise for some people like me), but otherwise, it's a pretty darned good update it you ask me.
    .....does that mean i can or can't got back to JB i'm just clairifing. (i'm sure i understand that its KK or nothing) thank you again

No, you cannot go back to jb with a locked bootloader. If you try you'll brick your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk