[ROM] CyanogenMod-5 - Would you like a pony? (EXPERIMENTAL) [05/12 - v5.0.7-test4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chris6551

Sep 27, 2009
ok i got a problem....i dont know how people say this is fast and ect. i've tried superbad cyanogen and is the same speed SLOW! i have compache enable, also setcpu runnin and i download a swapper app from the market so im running 128MB swap. i dont really have any apps installed and is still slow. also apps2sd/ext4...any ideas why this is happening? can anyone post how they got eveything setup so i can copy it lol....thank you!! :)

couple of things that helped me was I installed the free advanced task manager and put the widget in my main screen and hit that every time my phone starts to get slow. Also go into your spare parts and click the home screen into memory that helped me tons. auto memory manager is a life saver with all roms, and one last thing to use is cache mate you can put the widget on your main screen and clear cache as well when your phone starts to get slow.

joe.kerwin

Nov 18, 2009
For anyone having texting issues, I had the same problem, if you use SMS popup this seems to lose the texts. I changed my notifications from SMS popup to the stock SMS app, and i haven't missed/lost a text yet. I'd really like to know what makes people think they have the right to say stuff like "fix the damn sms issue!" when they have probably never done anything in for return, you didn't buy the phone like this, you're choosing to run this ROM.

f4bio

Dec 15, 2009
Nexus 7
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
hassle from people who dont understand its a test rom, even though the name says test and the title says experimental

see here.

http://twitter.com/saifurrob

---

Anyway, keep up the good work Mr Cyanogen, some of us appreciate the hard work and many hours you are devoting to us with dreams.

thx for info.
and: damn n*obs -.-
experimental meens not everything works now. for this reason: "TEST" !!!
dont care about them cyano...

worldestroyer

Oct 26, 2008
Boston
Try doing Firerat's patch and run the swap script, see if it allows enough mem to keep the mms app alive.

I seem to have figured it out... Very embarrassingly it was my own fault. The enable SMS forwarding setting in google voice was disabled, not sure how, but I guess I must've accidentally unchecked it.

Sorry for wasting your time. : /

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, TX
The main jist to alot of what is going on here breaks down to 1 thing. Many on here have upgraded to Test 4 and are not having any issues. Text Msgs are working, they are receiving phone calls with no problems, battery is good, etc.

So, what did they do right?

Actually all I did was follow the instructions on the first page ...

1) Made sure I had all the pre-reqs.
2) Downloaded to ROM onto my SD.
3) Did a wipe and cleared DavCache in recovery.
4) Installed ROM.

That's it. Only issue I have is a FC when I high-lite a contact and try and dial by hitting the phone button on the phone instead of the touch screen.

thx for info.
and: damn n*obs -.-
experimental meens not everything works now. for this reason: "TEST" !!!
dont care about them cyano...

Not sure what the point of calling people n00bs and the ass-kissing were for ... did you have some point or contribution to add to the thread?

lincohn

Dec 8, 2009
hi guys im really in trouble:(.My G1 has a problem when i try to enter recovery mode.all things on screen just an orange triangle and the "!".It happened when i try to update this "signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip"at "developer.htc.com/adp.html#s3" .When installing that i didn't follow the instructions.Here is the installation guide:
"Flash Android 1.6 & the Latest version (stable)

You will now install the actual OS of the phone. First you will install the legal Google apps, and then you will install CyanogenMod on top of those apps.

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold the Home button while booting to get to Recovery mode.
3. If you wish to have an option to return to your factory settings, select nandroid backup now. If not, continue.
4. Press Alt-W (or select "wipe data/factory reset"). Press home to confirm.
5. Press Alt-A (or select "apply any zip from sd").
* Pick signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip.
6. Press home to confirm and let installation complete.
7. STOP - DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE
8. Once again, press Alt-A (or select "apply any zip from sd").
* Pick update-cm-4.2.x-signed.zip.
9. Press home to confirm and let installation complete
10. When this is complete, reboot your phone by pressing Home & Back. [release buttons to start reboot]
11. Wait. Your phone will say installing radio and then reboot. This will take a couple of minutes. Be patient!
12. (When rebooting it may boot back to the recovery screen and say Formating CACHE. That's normal, just reboot again.)

If that's all you wanted to do, you're done! You should now have a fully functional phone. "

_when in step 7 I REBOOTED MY G1 and now result is orange triangle and the "!" on screen when i enter recovery mode.
_i tried to enter fastboot by press and hold POWER and CAMERA button.
and it said
"SD checking ...
Loading...DREADIAG.zip
No Image
Loading...DREADIA2.nbh
No Image or wrong Image
Loading ...DREADIAG.nbh
No Image or wrong Image
Loading...DREAIMG.zip
No Image
Loading...DREAIMG.nbh
No Image or wrong Image" and then dissappeared very fast.

Does anyone know how to fix it ? or got the same problem plz help me.i was crazied with this.i want to update to android 2.1.HELP ME PLZ !!! Thank you guys !!:D
Here is my SPL info:
"DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-1.33.2005(DREA10000)
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
Apr 20 2009,15:30:43":confused::confused:

saprano614

Aug 21, 2009
Quick question

Have a quick question, and yes I searched. Was wondering if I needed to flash the hotfix with test 4? I am still having battery issues. My battery lost 5 percent in just 10 min. So please any help

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
hi guys im really in trouble:(.My G1 has a problem when i try to enter recovery mode.all things on screen just an orange triangle and the "!".It happened when i try to update this "signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip"at "developer.htc.com/adp.html#s3" .When installing that i didn't follow the instructions.Here is the installation guide:
"Flash Android 1.6 & the Latest version (stable)

You will now install the actual OS of the phone. First you will install the legal Google apps, and then you will install CyanogenMod on top of those apps.

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold the Home button while booting to get to Recovery mode.
3. If you wish to have an option to return to your factory settings, select nandroid backup now. If not, continue.
4. Press Alt-W (or select "wipe data/factory reset"). Press home to confirm.
5. Press Alt-A (or select "apply any zip from sd").
* Pick signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip.
6. Press home to confirm and let installation complete.
7. STOP - DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE
8. Once again, press Alt-A (or select "apply any zip from sd").
* Pick update-cm-4.2.x-signed.zip.
9. Press home to confirm and let installation complete
10. When this is complete, reboot your phone by pressing Home & Back. [release buttons to start reboot]
11. Wait. Your phone will say installing radio and then reboot. This will take a couple of minutes. Be patient!
12. (When rebooting it may boot back to the recovery screen and say Formating CACHE. That's normal, just reboot again.)

If that's all you wanted to do, you're done! You should now have a fully functional phone. "

_when in step 7 I REBOOTED MY G1 and now result is orange triangle and the "!" on screen when i enter recovery mode.
_i tried to enter fastboot by press and hold POWER and CAMERA button.
and it said
"SD checking ...
Loading...DREADIAG.zip
No Image
Loading...DREADIA2.nbh
No Image or wrong Image
Loading ...DREADIAG.nbh
No Image or wrong Image
Loading...DREAIMG.zip
No Image
Loading...DREAIMG.nbh
No Image or wrong Image" and then dissappeared very fast.

Does anyone know how to fix it ? or got the same problem plz help me.i was crazied with this.i want to update to android 2.1.HELP ME PLZ !!! Thank you guys !!:D
Here is my SPL info:
"DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-1.33.2005(DREA10000)
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
Apr 20 2009,15:30:43":confused::confused:

when you see the triangle with the !, YOU ARE IN RECOVERY MODE. press ALT+L to show list of options...

-BMFC

phantasm714

Jul 3, 2008
PDX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The main jist to alot of what is going on here breaks down to 1 thing. Many on here have upgraded to Test 4 and are not having any issues. Text Msgs are working, they are receiving phone calls with no problems, battery is good, etc.

So, what did they do right? Sounds like they added some of what FR put together, and a few other things.

It seems that those who are having issues need to look at how they installed the ROM, look at the posts FR has posted to find resolutions to issues, do searches on what is not in those posts to find other solutions.

But quit beating a dead horse. There is probably an answer to almost every issue someone has experienced on this thread if a search is done. You do NOT have to read through every posts. Just do a search on what you are looking for. Put in SMS, put in Battery. Don't say you have tried. I have found alot of answers to possible issues just by doing a simple search. It is not that HARD.

9 times out of 10, it is not the ROM that is the issue. It is usually something that has been missed. A setting, an app configured wrong, something.

As others have said, this is an experimental ROM, and it will remain experimental for a while. That being said, it still is a pretty good ROM. We choose to put it on your phone. Our choice to do it. We know or should know what we are getting into as such, so there is no reason to complain.

exactly. I don't post very often because I rarely have an issue, and I can find 99% of solutions by doing a little research.

The only reason I'm posting now is to show my support for Cyanogen, which I don't normally do here because I don't want to clutter the thread with useless stuff. However, in light of Cyanogen's recent frustration and subsequent closing of this thread, I feel this is the best place to say this:

Cyanogen, you rock. There are more people that respect, value and support you than those that are ungrateful. Thanks for your continued support of the G1 and other legacy phones.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can someone please explain to me what compcatch is or whatever it is.. please explain it to me and xplain to me how it can be used and pro's and cons to me

How layman can you get?

Very roughly you have a finite amount of memory (RAM). When memory is accessed it is virtual addressing, so an application is given a piece of memory, but this isn't real RAM, the operating system manages this and maps it to where the data really is. Because of this system, the OS can give out more memory than is actually available. It can then store some of this memory on a storage medium and "swap" it with some other programmes memory when one is needed and the other isn't. This is how swap works.

With compcache, instead of storing the dormant memory on a hard disk it is compressed and stored in the RAM itself on a virtual disk. This takes up some RAM, but because it is compressed then more RAM is spare than if the data were left in memory as it is. Again this has the effect that more memory space can be handed out than the RAM that is really there.

Because Android manages applications so that when memory runs out it just closes applications running in the background, more applications can reside in the larger virtual memory space than before, making multi-tasking more pleasant and responsive.

In other words you get more RAM since everything is compressed, that is the pro and the con is that something it might take longer for the phone to decompress and manage the data instead of simply reading it (bypassing decompression) ha ha i hope that helps :D
    Mods, please close this.
    Can you post up exactly how you did it?

Copy libhtc_ril.so to your SDcard - then:

adb remount
    adb push /sdcard/libhtc_ril.so /system/lib
    adb shell reboot

if you need the file download here-
    http://www.dejong-frencken.com/www/storage/CM/
    The 2.1 update will come with new Sense UI. If you are confused between MyTouch 3G and 3G Slide, then let me clear, the original MyTouch 3G will receive the same version of Sense UI and it will include the Genius button feature. Now that’s something I call hot news. I still feel bad for G1 users being left out. So MyTouch folks, are you happy now?

won't take much to get it to fit the G1
    look at my Slide port
    I only removed swype and quickoffice ;)

Anyway, OT tbh :)
    Root Explorer

Root explorer seems to not be functional