[RLF][THEME][EC05[ Gears of War v1.5 Updated 9/8/11 New pulldown img

Search This thread

ZiggSVO

Gears of War

snap20110622_221834.png

ZiggSeVO and Paul627g bring to you a theme based on the popular XBOX game, Gears of War. Anyone familiar with the game knows its a 3rd person based shooter that made its way back onto the XBOX back in 2006 selling over 3 million copies in its first 10 weeks. Coming in September is the 3rd and supposed to be final release in the Gears of War series and early beta testing and reviews have shown it to be probably the best yet. The game has won Game of the Year awards, has a book series its based on and even a planned movie in the works. The game is based on a team of military based individuals known as Delta Squad on the planet Sera. They are fighting for the last survival of the planet from the Locus Horde. It has a very interesting story plot behind the game that makes it so fun not only as a online mulitplayer game but also famous for its great campaign story mode game play. Its a game known for blood, sweat and for many heated comments/arguments between players during and after multiplayer gameplay.

Paul627g came to me after I did the Gears of War boot animation with the idea of doing the theme because nobody out there has really attempted it. There was a awesome theme on the Blackberry back a year or so ago but nothing done really for Android. I guess I did most of the graphics work and Paul handled most of the arrangement of the theme and working with the files. Team effort :D
So far we believe we have captured the dark, gritty, not so pretty feeling and look that is Gears of War and the true Gears fan will appreciate the theme we are providing.

Please note this is a wip (work in progress) with updates planned as we design and finish other aspects of the theme.

:: Summary of what is themed ::

Based on Froyo EC05
framework-res.apk
twframework-res.apk
DialerTabActivity.apk (keypad buttons)
Browser.apk (icon)
Camera.apk (icon)
ClockPackage.apk (icon)
Contacts.apk (icon)
Email.apk (icon)
Gallery3D.apk (icon)
Gmail.apk (icon)
Maps.apk (icon) *icon not showing up...fix coming soon*
TouchWizCalendar.apk (icon)
Phone.apk (various icons)
Maps.apk (icon)
Memo.apk (icon)
Talk.apk (icon)
Settings.apk (icon)

Custom made Gears themed battery mod (ZiggSeVO)
Pop up/volume settings themed red to fit the Gears of War look.

:: Gears of War Theme v1.5 ( 7/3/11 ) :: ** See Next Post for Screenshots **

- Almost all notification icons in status bar, etc. have been themed (colored)
- Themed the TouchWiz Calendar
- Newly designed notification drop down background ** Landscape mode is WIP **
- New notification pull/grab bar.
- Zigg did a new dialer pad (Awesome!)
- More icons on the phone incoming calls themed
- Dialer In Call Background Graphic
- Themed Settings
- Themed the Glass Lockscreen
- Added Music Player custom icon (forgot this in the original release)

First and most, thanks to maddoggin for the port of the 6 lockscreen mod which we are using.
shane6374, for help with some xml issues and theme questions.
p3dr0maz, for some theme help
chris41g, for answering some of my questions.

:: Installation instructions ::

Download Link : Anya Pulldown GOW Theme v1.5 without Boot Animation |

Download Link : GOW Theme v1.5 without Boot Animation | Video Review (by qbking77) Thanks!

Download Link : GOW Theme with Boot Animation
Download Link : GOW Theme without Boot Animation (smaller download)
Download Link : Maps.apk Icon Fix (Fixes icon from Google Maps update on 6/22/11)
Download Link : Maps/GMail/Market Icon Fix 6/30 (Fixes icon from Google app updates. Download most recent Market updates to phone FIRST then flash this fix.)
Download Link : GOW Theme_In_Call_Dialer_Update.zip

1. Download the theme and place it on sd card
2. Boot into CWM
3. Wipe cache/dalvik cache 3x
4. Install the zip
5. Reboot

Installation Video/Review :

Here's the video from qbking77! Thanks Man!

How to flash Gears of War Theme and review Samsung Epic 4G

I have found best results if coming from a fresh flash of a new ROM. If you have any FC's from different apps then try going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and clear cache/data on the app of question.

- Only FC Paul has noticed personally is from Titanium Backup. A uninstall and reinstall of the app after flashing fixed it... The cause of this is being looked into.

Optional Flashable Addons:
Gears of War custom boot animations
Icon Pack for use in different launchers (Launcher Pro or ADW)

Last edited:

Paul627g

Dec 13, 2010
Plainfield, Il.
Last edited:

Slow5Ohh

Mar 10, 2011
Palmdale, CA
Very nice theme! Can I request a few things if you like? Themed messaging icon, power control widget, and possibly a google search widget. I'm definitely sporting this theme!

Reactions: ZiggSVO

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
I must say...nice looking theme! I'm not much of a fan of Gears of War, but I did always like their skull images with the circular gear. :p

As for the wallpaper, I found it on Zedge (from the Android Market). It was a few months back, but I'm sure there's still a copy of it somewhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gears of War

snap20110622_221834.png

ZiggSeVO and Paul627g bring to you a theme based on the popular XBOX game, Gears of War. Anyone familiar with the game knows its a 3rd person based shooter that made its way back onto the XBOX back in 2006 selling over 3 million copies in its first 10 weeks. Coming in September is the 3rd and supposed to be final release in the Gears of War series and early beta testing and reviews have shown it to be probably the best yet. The game has won Game of the Year awards, has a book series its based on and even a planned movie in the works. The game is based on a team of military based individuals known as Delta Squad on the planet Sera. They are fighting for the last survival of the planet from the Locus Horde. It has a very interesting story plot behind the game that makes it so fun not only as a online mulitplayer game but also famous for its great campaign story mode game play. Its a game known for blood, sweat and for many heated comments/arguments between players during and after multiplayer gameplay.

Paul627g came to me after I did the Gears of War boot animation with the idea of doing the theme because nobody out there has really attempted it. There was a awesome theme on the Blackberry back a year or so ago but nothing done really for Android. I guess I did most of the graphics work and Paul handled most of the arrangement of the theme and working with the files. Team effort :D
    So far we believe we have captured the dark, gritty, not so pretty feeling and look that is Gears of War and the true Gears fan will appreciate the theme we are providing.

Please note this is a wip (work in progress) with updates planned as we design and finish other aspects of the theme.

:: Summary of what is themed ::

Based on Froyo EC05
    framework-res.apk
    twframework-res.apk
    DialerTabActivity.apk (keypad buttons)
    Browser.apk (icon)
    Camera.apk (icon)
    ClockPackage.apk (icon)
    Contacts.apk (icon)
    Email.apk (icon)
    Gallery3D.apk (icon)
    Gmail.apk (icon)
    Maps.apk (icon) *icon not showing up...fix coming soon*
    TouchWizCalendar.apk (icon)
    Phone.apk (various icons)
    Maps.apk (icon)
    Memo.apk (icon)
    Talk.apk (icon)
    Settings.apk (icon)

Custom made Gears themed battery mod (ZiggSeVO)
    Pop up/volume settings themed red to fit the Gears of War look.

:: Gears of War Theme v1.5 ( 7/3/11 ) :: ** See Next Post for Screenshots **

- Almost all notification icons in status bar, etc. have been themed (colored)
    - Themed the TouchWiz Calendar
    - Newly designed notification drop down background ** Landscape mode is WIP **
    - New notification pull/grab bar.
    - Zigg did a new dialer pad (Awesome!)
    - More icons on the phone incoming calls themed
    - Dialer In Call Background Graphic
    - Themed Settings
    - Themed the Glass Lockscreen
    - Added Music Player custom icon (forgot this in the original release)

First and most, thanks to maddoggin for the port of the 6 lockscreen mod which we are using.
    shane6374, for help with some xml issues and theme questions.
    p3dr0maz, for some theme help
    chris41g, for answering some of my questions.

:: Installation instructions ::

Download Link : Anya Pulldown GOW Theme v1.5 without Boot Animation |

Download Link : GOW Theme v1.5 without Boot Animation | Video Review (by qbking77) Thanks!

Download Link : GOW Theme with Boot Animation
    Download Link : GOW Theme without Boot Animation (smaller download)
    Download Link : Maps.apk Icon Fix (Fixes icon from Google Maps update on 6/22/11)
    Download Link : Maps/GMail/Market Icon Fix 6/30 (Fixes icon from Google app updates. Download most recent Market updates to phone FIRST then flash this fix.)
    Download Link : GOW Theme_In_Call_Dialer_Update.zip

1. Download the theme and place it on sd card
    2. Boot into CWM
    3. Wipe cache/dalvik cache 3x
    4. Install the zip
    5. Reboot

Installation Video/Review :

Here's the video from qbking77! Thanks Man!

How to flash Gears of War Theme and review Samsung Epic 4G

I have found best results if coming from a fresh flash of a new ROM. If you have any FC's from different apps then try going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and clear cache/data on the app of question.

- Only FC Paul has noticed personally is from Titanium Backup. A uninstall and reinstall of the app after flashing fixed it... The cause of this is being looked into.

Optional Flashable Addons:
    Gears of War custom boot animations
    Icon Pack for use in different launchers (Launcher Pro or ADW)
    :: Screen Shots ::

*** Anya Pulldown Image per request 9/8/11

status_bar_background9.png

*** Version 1.5 ( 7/3/11 )

snap20110703_131535.png

snap20110703_131509.png

snap20110703_114632.png

snap20110703_155530.png

snap20110703_114645.png

snap20110703_114543.png

snap20110703_114611-1.png

snap20110703_114551.png

snap20110706_185956.png

*** Version 1.0 (Original Release) ***

snap20110622_221834.png

snap20110622_125059-1.png

snap20110622_124920.png

snap20110622_125546.png

snap20110622_125429.png
    nice theme, i like the battery looks cool.
    Links available

Downloads are now active. Zigg will update the OP as soon as he gets near a computer.. LOL..

Download Link : Gear of War with Boot Animation
    Download Link : Gears of War without Boot Animation (shorter download)
    Download Link : Maps.apk Icon Fix (Fixes Icon canceled out from Maps update on 6/22/11)

Here's another screenshot....

snap20110623_130233.png

Enjoy Gears of War fans...

Paul627g