[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

Storm T

Apr 10, 2011
I have the same problem :( how did you fix it ?

You need to be in download mode first.

while trying to run Odin3 with the right 64bit driver installed for my captivate, it FAILED.

Get it to the download screen and operated odin per front page instructions. My phone wont load any more. it goes into the "must recover" screen

Please help?:eek:

Are you able to get back into download mode? If so, no problem. Try it again.

gameson

May 18, 2013
Need Help!

My PC recognizes the phone, my phone is in download mode, but when I click start, the progress stucks at 'file analysis' and it's been a while

anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

BxingFetus

Jan 14, 2011
Calgary
Do you have kies running as well? I have a captivate and if I remember correct you shouldn't have both programs open at the same time. Hopefully this helps a little.

Sent from a Borg powered Nexus 4

p_025

Feb 14, 2011
So I tried this, and after Odin finished it rebooted into (what looked like) stock recovery, did some stuff, then rebooted again and failed. Now it won't even go into download mode, it just shows the battery charging screen if I plug in the USB cable and hold the volume buttons.

Last edited:

p_025

Feb 14, 2011
U will have to build a Jig or buy one to get into download mode.
Then once in download mode, use this to get back going...i897uckk4 Stock Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18370912&postcount=3

Thanks, good to know it's not permanently bricked (at least, not yet). What exactly is this "Jig" of which you speak? Can you expand on that a little bit, or provide helpful links?

Thanks again. I was trying to flash my friend's phone back to stock in order to flash CM11 on it and ran into this wall...

EDIT: Google is my friend. Could the same thing possibly be achieved with a USB OTG cable and a USB flash drive?

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
Can any one link to the 64bit driver? The link seems dead and my phone is suffering from the yellow triangle screen and my PC refuses to recognize it.

cannot find correct drivers

WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
  2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
  3. Open Odin
  4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
  5. Click Start
  6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
  2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
  1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
  2. adb shell
  3. adb reboot download
Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
  • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
  • Insert the battery
  • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
  • Insert the battery
  • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
  • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
Windows 64bit
Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
You can get it here

Hello
I cannot find drivers for sgh-1897 anymore anywhere.
Whatever drivers I have, Odin does not recognize my device. The device is visible in device manager as well as loaded as a drive on my pc, but odin does not recognize it neither does samsung kies.
I have cyanogen mod loaded, but i want to bring the captivate back to stock.
I cannot go into download mode, all I can go to is recovery mode.
please help.

carbon12

Nov 20, 2008
Hello
I cannot find drivers for sgh-1897 anymore anywhere.
Whatever drivers I have, Odin does not recognize my device. The device is visible in device manager as well as loaded as a drive on my pc, but odin does not recognize it neither does samsung kies.
I have cyanogen mod loaded, but i want to bring the captivate back to stock.
I cannot go into download mode, all I can go to is recovery mode.
please help.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34203308&postcount=2156

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j
    Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop