[ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

Search This thread

VOODOOTRIP

Aug 12, 2010
san diego
1) In what order? Are reboots required between flashes of 4 different zips?
I nand first, boot into recovery, flashed, reboot to finish zip install, package installed after about 1-2 minutes, phone boots and I checked antenna's (with the exception to the 4G which I have to flash back to my stock rom)
2) You cannot nand back up any of those items. I'm not going to test without knowing first that I'm not going to brick my phone.
true, but he has conviently posted all radios just in case these give you a problem ;) I just flashed them and have had no problems

3) No help here.

using CM6rc2KK#1 with clockwork 2.5.0.1

Award Tour

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
If I nandroid back to a older backup, do I need to update again? I'm guessing that the radio stuff is stored on a different partition/part but I'm not sure.

cabbieBot

Apr 5, 2010
twitter.com
would anyone kindly define 'NV' so I can research what it is, this is a new term by me and am interested in exploring it because I want to understand what and why I am flashing zips.

cabbieBot

Apr 5, 2010
twitter.com
google "android nv ram" or "android nv memory" and you'll find a little about it

so its 'non-volatile memory'...all im gathering thus far is that it has to do with how the phone handles its internal memory. interesting.

link
Files are grouped into useful hierarchies called file systems. An Android cell phone typically has two file systems: the non-volatile memory of the cell phone and the SD card plugged into it. Both appear as branches off the root directory (/). A tool that enabled you to browse these file systems conveniently from your browser could prove useful. This project defines a small program, written in the native language of C, that communicates as a Web server and enables you to browse the Android cell phone's file systems from your workstation or straight from the built-in browser of the cell phone itself. It provides pages with hyperlinks that enable you to move up and down the hierarchical tree. By clicking various file types listed, you can view the individual items.

R32_Rocky

Nov 6, 2009
I must have a strange problem then? My nand does show S=OFF, but for some off reason when I tried to do the wimax update a week ago, and even again yesterday to flash the new PRI, if I do a flash ZIP from SD card, it always fails. My EVO will reboot, and under Clockwork it will be stuck on the recovery screen with the message "build not set" down at the bottom (or something like that). And if in RA 1.8, it will reboot into his recovery screen and just sit there unless I select reboot, and then the phone is fine - but the files were not installed.

But when I used JoeyKrim's method of renaming the 1.7 PRI Zip file to PC36IMG.zip, then it worked. Should I do the same for your combo update?

*** EDIT: This failure to the "BUILD NOT SET" error only happens with the wimax and PRI update. I am able to flash ROM's and kernals to my heart's content.

Any one having any issues flashing NV? I read where a couple Evo owners were getting stuck in boot loop..think they were trying to flash a Evo to a different carrier, but just checking regardless....

As I stated earlier (above), I sort of get stuck in a boot loop every time I tried to flash either the PRI 1.77 or the newer Wimax update. But I am not trying to change carriers or anything like that. I am only going between Fresh 3.2 or Baked Snack 1.7 ROMs, and testing a few kernals.

When I use the latest Clockwork (through recovery or ROM Manager), it will reboot once, then gives me a "Build not set" message on the bottom of the screen and just sit there intil I manually select reboot from the recovery menu.

If I use the latest RA Recovery, it will reboot and then come back into recovery mode and is stuck on FORMATTING CACHE with about 5 ..... at the end, and will also stay there till I manually select reboot.

I got the PRI 1.77 to install last night by using JoeyKrim's suggestion to name the PRI Zip to PC36IMG.zip - do you think I could do the same with this combo file? Or will I hose my EVO? TIA

*** EDIT: By the way, what could be causing this to happen, so I can fix it for the next time I might try to update a radio, PRI, or Wimax?

Android 17

Jun 15, 2010
So, has anyone seen any positive to flashing the NV files? They still appear to be relatively new and not tested too much, so I am unsure about flashing any of them.

As I stated earlier (above), I sort of get stuck in a boot loop every time I tried to flash either the PRI 1.77 or the newer Wimax update. But I am not trying to change carriers or anything like that. I am only going between Fresh 3.2 or Baked Snack 1.7 ROMs, and testing a few kernals.

When I use the latest Clockwork (through recovery or ROM Manager), it will reboot once, then gives me a "Build not set" message on the bottom of the screen and just sit there intil I manually select reboot from the recovery menu.

If I use the latest RA Recovery, it will reboot and then come back into recovery mode and is stuck on FORMATTING CACHE with about 5 ..... at the end, and will also stay there till I manually select reboot.

I got the PRI 1.77 to install last night by using JoeyKrim's suggestion to name the PRI Zip to PC36IMG.zip - do you think I could do the same with this combo file? Or will I hose my EVO? TIA

*** EDIT: By the way, what could be causing this to happen, so I can fix it for the next time I might try to update a radio, PRI, or Wimax?
Thats really strange that your bootlooping from the Wimax flash!!??.... I'm not sure what could cause that, but maybe Calk will chime in with his input on that situation.
So, has anyone seen any positive to flashing the NV files? They still appear to be relatively new and not tested too much, so I am unsure about flashing any of them.

My phone is booting up right now from the NV 1.71 flash. Already have everything updated to the newest so figured I might as well flash NV too...

R32_Rocky

Nov 6, 2009
Thats really strange that your bootlooping from the Wimax flash!!??.... I'm not sure what could cause that, but maybe Calk will chime in with his input on that situation.

My phone is booting up right now from the NV 1.71 flash. Already have everything updated to the newest so figured I might as well flash NV too...

Of course, with the latest FOTA made into a rooted ROM already, and with an even newer radio (and Wimax maybe????), this will be a moot point. Will have to see what happens. And wonder if a custom kernal could still be used, or SetCPU?

Systemfraud

Jul 10, 2010
New York
Hey all, I've been spending the last 30 minutes trying to figure out what all of these things do for the phone (excluding Radio). I've searched and searched on the forums and can't seem to find a direct answer on Google, anyone care to explain (Mainly just wondering about the differences between NV and PRI)? Thanks a lot. :)

MedSchool26

Jul 30, 2010
WOW - the PRI update is...WOW.

I haven't updated to the latest radio/wimax yet...but my ping has dropped from 280-350ms down to 110ms. Slight speed boost too on 3g

Thanks!

Last edited:

gdog1977

Jan 26, 2010
Not sure what the NV does but I flashed it and my pings are in the 100-200 range as well. Before I was getting 400-500 pings. It does show that my speedtest site changed from some where in the midwest to LA, CA. I already had the latest radio, wimax, and PRI. I also get my best download speeds running directly from the browser vs the speedtest app or Xtremelabs. I'm getting right around 10Mbps down and 1 up with one bar of 4G. My location is Bellingham, WA.

I'm wondering if the NV changes the headend location not sure if this is even possible via a software update or it could all be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Acapella75

Jun 7, 2010
What does the NV file actually do? And does this latest update already contain this version or a newer one. Thanks.

d34d85

Sep 13, 2010
Same here what is NV 1.71 do anyway? And pls make it more explanatory, coz I search and few people know about it but doesn't explain it much. Right now i just update my Rom to 3.29 use Omj's and also got the latest radio/wimax/pri...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 146

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
From what I understand the NV is a partition, or section of memory, where part or all of the PRI and other things are saved. Personally I'm going to wait till tomorrow to flash the NV since the OP has not been updated yet.

Top Liked Posts