FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 03:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2014, 07:59 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasset

Try this! After rooted and installed SafeStrap into your stock rom go into recovery mode and activate a new slot and flash stock rom, root and then follow the maual excately.
Hashcode has a stock os you can flash.

I did this now with a stock rom from amazon, wifi seems to be stable, BUT: now the screen rotating routine went mad, terrible, had to use smart rotator to tame the screen

Any ideas, how to improve this ? I use Nova Launcher now.
28th January 2014, 08:05 PM |#202  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,355

Donate to Me
More
A fixed launcher is included in the flashable zip.

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 08:45 PM |#203  

More
I installed the flashable zip via recovery mode, then installed Nova prime. Was this wrong ? Can' I use Nova or othe Launchers ?
28th January 2014, 09:02 PM |#204  
Flag Malmo
Thanks Meter: 47

More
[QUOTE=Bruder Torgen;49845851]I did this now with a stock rom from amazon, wifi seems to be stable, BUT: now the screen rotating routine went mad, terrible, had to use smart rotator to tame the screen

Any ideas, how to improve this ? I use Nova Launcher now.[/QU

You have to do to steps:

1. Go up and draw down the notification/settings meneu. To the left you find a symbol saying "Autorotate". Push at the symbol and change to "Locked".
2. Go into Nova settings and find "Look and feel" and then "Screen orientation" choose "landscape".

That's all.
The Following User Says Thank You to lasset For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lasset Ad-Free
28th January 2014, 09:18 PM |#205  

More
Thank you @lasset, the nova setting is new for me, this could help

So many settings ... preventing me from seeing the wood for the trees
29th January 2014, 02:02 AM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
needing some advice.
Ok, so I am coming over from Gsleon3 topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591547

Here is where I'm at. I've got an HDX 8.9 rooted, I used the thread mentioned above ( i think it was the hdx7z root method) and have Gapps working except for gmail (it's fickle at best) Amazon services work expect books do not function properly and no Amazon store either.

What do I need to do to get gmail, Amazon store and books working? I don't want to start crossing methods without asking.
29th January 2014, 04:40 AM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear6009

Ok, so I am coming over from Gsleon3 topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591547

Here is where I'm at. I've got an HDX 8.9 rooted, I used the thread mentioned above ( i think it was the hdx7z root method) and have Gapps working except for gmail (it's fickle at best) Amazon services work expect books do not function properly and no Amazon store either.

What do I need to do to get gmail, Amazon store and books working? I don't want to start crossing methods without asking.

Follow the instructions here. It should work. If you are running from a romslot, be sure it is rooted and the exposed module well installed.
The beauty is this module which make possible to run all services together.
I am a newbie in this and could follow the instructions and have the wonderful results.
Good luck!

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium HD app
29th January 2014, 04:13 PM |#208  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear6009

Personally, I will be going through this later today. I, myself, prefer to start from scratch (which I believe may be the only way due to some cache & dalvik remnants), so I will be using Root Explorer Pro & changing my device build.prop to allow me to reset the device & use the .bin to re-flash the stock Amazon firmware. Once I have doe that, I will root, install Hash's SafeStrap, then flash Hash's stock Amazon HDX rom to a rom slot, install the Xposed framework & HDX Xposed module, enable module & then finally flash the GAPPS zip.

I will try to write something up, but I have an ASHRAE luncheon to attend this afternoon. I would highly suggest starting from scratch though, since it will lessen the possibility of issues or incompatibilities between methods.
29th January 2014, 08:43 PM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Yes I can confirm this method from Cpasjuste is working for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9".
Thank you Cpasjuste and all others especially GSLEON3 your method is working, too
30th January 2014, 08:35 AM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalis fafnir

i have flashed multiple roms floating around this site, but this is the only one i cannot get working. Can anyone post a more detailed instructions on how to install this? I managed to flash successfully, but the partition bricks after trying to install xposed.

You did the wrong steps.
You must install xposed before flashing rom.

I know cause I did it before

Anyway, does anyone knows how to change wallpaper (.jpg .png from sdcard) ? I can't find the methods.

Thanks.
30th January 2014, 11:26 AM |#211  
Flag Malmo
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurika

You did the wrong steps.
You must install xposed before flashing rom.

I know cause I did it before

Anyway, does anyone knows how to change wallpaper (.jpg .png from sdcard) ? I can't find the methods.

Thanks.

I use QuickPick from Play Store, works great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)