[ROM][WIP][HELP][NOOB] Firefox OS (B2G) for Optimus 2X: need help packaging

Search This thread

JordanRulz

Jul 22, 2012
Simply because it's easier for him to develope the stuff. And BL switching is so easy... Don't understand me wrong i love to see every new custom rom especially new systems like firefox os... ok it's stil in alpha but what is against testing his own work before publishing it or testing and publishing it?

I was building it whild doing my homework. I have school and I have a life, so dont blame me if I can't test.

Reactions: majoortje

JordanRulz

Jul 22, 2012
Guess what?
My computer screwed itself, now I have to redownload all the code. This will take a really long time, considering that the firefox os repos posess qualities of excrement. Don't expect builds for a long time.

D

Deleted member 1840960

I think your effort is great.
Most Optimus 2x users probably have moved on.
So it's perfect for experimenting.

Just keep up the good work, when you have the time of course ;)

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
I heard Tony and Pengus was working on an Omnirom package, for the P990, if Pengus can get his new kernel going.

From what i understand it is based on AOSP, you could jump in on their progress once they get started. it may help your development.

Reactions: JordanRulz

Firtecy

Feb 14, 2013
I think you can also use SlimRoms sources, they are in some points nearer on AOSP than CM. And SlimRom is already aviable for our device! I‘ve used the sources from SlimRoms too! Should work, so maybe this will be an option as-well ;)

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk 4

Reactions: JordanRulz

DJNoXD

Sep 9, 2008
djnoxd.blogspot.de
Samsung Galaxy S8
Still doesn't work. I realized that Firefox OS required AOSP device source, not CM. Since we still don't have AOSP on this device, I think that this project is officially dead.

Now how do I close this thread.
If you find the changes you need inside the cm sources / slim sources, you can fork the aosp / b2g repo and put them into.
Lot of support we need for our device with stripped out by google in the current version / were inserted by LG to support the hardware.

JordanRulz

Jul 22, 2012
I asked them for their device source, no response.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

cuttysark76

Jan 25, 2011
Lisbon
Reactions: kekks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before everyone starts flaming me and trying to kill me for being such a noob, i would like to say that i'm a teen and a noob.

ANYWAYS, i got bored and decided to have a go at porting Firefox OS to the Optimus 2X. After figuring out how to make a flashable zip out of .img's, I tested a bit. Unfortunately ADB doesnt work and I don't know how to do live kernel debugging.

What works: Kernel
    What doesn't work: everything else

Source code: http://github.com/JordanRulz

Download:
    First Semi-working attempt: http://d-h.st/juX (not a flashable zip)
    2nd attempt: link on http://jordanrulz.tk/ (flashable)
    3rd attempt (current): http://d-h.st/0We(flashable)

Turn signature verification off before flashing

BUILD INSTRUCTIONS (still doesn't work, but for anyone who thinks they might have the answer, go right ahead)
    Code:
    git clone http://github.com/JordanRulz/B2G.git
    2.extract a cm9 rom to B2G/my_device_backup
    3.cd to the B2G directory and
    Code:
    ANDROIDFS_DIR=my_device_backup ./config.sh p990
    and wait for the code to download. This has a good chance of failing because repo and git are stupid.
    Code:
    ./build.sh
    5.edit core/sysroot/init.rc so that it imports init.p990.rc
    6.go to line 98 of build/core/Makefile and change the build fingerprint to something acceptable by the build system
    7.go online and find a wpa_ctrl.h and put it in hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/libwpa_client/wpa_ctrl.h
    8.copy libcamera.so and libwpa_client.so from a cm9-based rom to out/target/product/p990/obj/lib/
    9.it should turn out boot,img, system.img, a system folder, userdata.img, a userdata folder, etc. with adaptations, you should be able to craft a flashable zip out of the folders.

Please hit donate if you feel my work is worth donating to.
    New build is up.
    Any new news about this project?
    Cant wait to try it on myself but need phone and some other befor i will try...

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990

no new news. I'm restarting again but making it easier to build so other people can help and I can restart more frequently. also, im using a new bl rom rite now so i have to make adaptations.
    Ok. What i did similarly to my phone to get this up. First, use PowerISO and extract userdata.img and system.img. Once done, its just like system folder of android while userdata is just data folder for user's data. Obviously. And then, the boot.img goes to the same as a flashable rom zip root folder. So basically, they are the same as flashing cm. Just need to add another few commands for recovery.img so that the whole thing is flashed like cm10
    build instructions (for a non-working build, but still useful for f*cking around) were added.