FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scandinavian KB

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Fraction, Senior Member on 23rd March 2009, 09:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Spesial thanks to Cmonex for her patience with me.

My idea was simply to make an .exe file i could have on my storagecard, so when i had flashed to another new WEE app, i could execute the app and the keyboard was norwegian again. And here is the result.

This is an app that changes the layout of your keyboard and softresets the phone.

Version [v0.2]:

The Scandinavian KB has options of
* Norwegian/Danish
* Swedish
* Finnish
* English

And added a reg key that defines that its a HTC keyboard not a Fuze..
And a new black theme.

Version [v0.1]:
The Scandinavian KB has options of
* Norwegian
* Danish
* Swedish
* English

The TastNor.exe as seen on the picture is an app just for changing the language to norwegian without any gui. Thats allso updated with the latest reg key.

Fraction
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 03 23_21 10 03_0006_111d.jpg
Views:	2415
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	169284   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 03 25_18 22 46_0000_111d.jpg
Views:	2195
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	169895   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 03 25_18 23 20_0001_111d.jpg
Views:	2186
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	169896  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scandinavian KB [v.0.2].zip - [Click for QR Code] (19.5 KB, 1257 views)

23rd March 2009, 10:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi there m8. Even with your program it still does not help me. If you open upp my Phne and start using my Hardware keyboard with the nrg rom it wont make Ö when i do FN + O....

I just get a normal o.

So im not doing anything wrong and what it seems is that everyone does not understand that this is not the REGISTRY that is the problem. Or if the keyboard is set to fuzz or HTC keyboard.

It seems as if the Swedish files are not in Nrgs rom so ÅÄÖ wont show no matter what registry fixes you do.

So i think that what is needed is the Swedish files in order for this to work. NOT any registry fixes... Do you understand my problem now?

Cause i used your program. I have tried about 5 diffrent regfiles witch realy does about the same thing

and as i see your program is allso just a reg changer that changes the curlang 2 = 41d

Witch beliave me or not its set 2 and i still only get a o when typing FN + O witch should then become a Ö
23rd March 2009, 10:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This might be a stupid proposition and i might have to check this out for myself (but not before i manage to take a backup of my phone), but could this have anything to do with different ROMs using different character sets? Ascii, UTF-32, UTF-16 or different ISO standards?

For example ISO-Nordic is typical for Scandinavia and UTF-16 for some asian languages?

And again, I am just putting this in the "air", I am quite new to the Raphael and how it works...

Edit: when I think of it, there is a "keyboard mapping" folder in the registry, this might need some tweaking as well?
24th March 2009, 11:52 AM |#4  
Flag Århus

More
This is a great program! I am going to test it with Energy 2.0
24th March 2009, 01:11 PM |#5  
Flag Århus

More
@Fraction

I tested this now. And it appears that danish and norwegian keyboards uses the same layout. If I choose danish, nothing happens,. But if I choose Norwegian it works like a charm with my danish Touch Pro.
So maybe there should just be one Norwegian/Danish button to avoid confusion.
25th March 2009, 06:55 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Earlier today i flashed the the NRGZ28 latest 1.0 series. the 32409 and tryed out my TastNOR which ONLY changes the keyboard to Norwegian. That did work though the keyboard layout was for Fuze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinCaidk

@Fraction

I tested this now. And it appears that danish and norwegian keyboards uses the same layout. If I choose danish, nothing happens,. But if I choose Norwegian it works like a charm with my danish Touch Pro.
So maybe there should just be one Norwegian/Danish button to avoid confusion.

Thx,

I made a version 0.2 thats changes the key to a "Norwegian/Danish".
I allso included a Reg Key of the HTC keyboard for us Scandinavians

Now I just use my Scandinavian KB or TastNor when I have flashed

UPDATED to version 0.2

Fraction
27th March 2009, 11:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A fully working swedish solution can be fund @ my thread now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=498337
10th April 2009, 11:07 PM |#8  

More
I can't get this one working. I have a Herald with this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469522

Hardware keyboard still english. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Found a solution here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=366756&page=7

I then used the Danish one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1229628621
1st May 2009, 06:10 AM |#9  
Flag Pori
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Finnish TouchPro user here, the Finnish -option in the program doesn't work, but after selecting Danish, everything works ok. I guess we all Scandinavians have the same layout so everyone just select Danish if your specific language doesn't work,
16th July 2009, 06:28 PM |#10  

More
Works great! Flashed Solace 3.1 onto my 2007 TyTN II Kaiser and ran this tool to switch the HW keyboard to Danish. Works without a hitch on that! Thanks.
18th November 2009, 11:26 AM |#11  

More
I've used this fix after flashing a new rom, and I have a small problem. On the retail rom SHIFT+"1" would result in a "!", but now I just get a "1".

FN+"1" still gives me "!", but it's awkward to use.

Is this a flaw in the et9 kmap file, or is it the keyboard driver in the rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)