[ROOT] Android Lollipop [LRX21T] [5.0] [Factory Image]

Search This thread

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
To root download this: http://download.chainfire.eu/297/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip
0bc19e9101.png

Instructions:
Note, you must have drivers properly installed and make sure your adb recognizes your phone with "fastboot devices"

1. Plug your device into PC and put it into fastboot mode!
2. If you haven't unlocked your bootloader then this will and it will entirely wipe your device!
3. After your bootloader is unlocked, phone will boot cf-autoroot, big red android icon will appear on your screen, wait for it to finish.
4. Reboot, done!

Last edited:

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
I will update link when chainfire makes official root for 5.0, this is cf-auto-root for 4.4.4, but it works fine

cjrgalvez

May 28, 2012
Lima
Thanks for sharing this info, i have installed cwm and root =),
does anybody knows if Xposed is compatible with lollipop?

sarus_b

Jun 12, 2012
Mumbai
noob here..
Ok so the updated CF auto root has patched kernel or just some patches to fix se linux and other patches to enable root..??

Im asking this because the CF auto root is based on KOT49H so will the kernel be replaced by patched kernel from KOT49H??

pawan1993

Sep 27, 2010
noob here..
Ok so the updated CF auto root has patched kernel or just some patches to fix se linux and other patches to enable root..??

Im asking this because the CF auto root is based on KOT49H so will the kernel be replaced by patched kernel from KOT49H??

Chainfire updated the tool. Even if it says it's for version 4.4.4 he's updated it for 5.0. It does alter the kernel to set SELinux to permissible but don't worry about the alterations as it is made for 5.0.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

No. 5.0 uses ART as the new runtime which isn't yet compatible with Xposed.

Amirreza.th

Mar 7, 2012
Perth
I tested chainfire's cf-autoroot for Nexus 4 on 5.0 Lollipop and it worked, other members can confirm it too.

To root download this: http://download.chainfire.eu/297/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip
5348a69aa1.png

Instructions:
Note, you must have drivers properly installed and make sure your adb recognizes your phone with "fastboot devices"

2. If you haven't unlocked your bootloader then this will and it will entirely wipe your device!
3. After your bootloader is unlocked, phone will boot cf-autoroot, big red android icon will appear on your screen, wait for it to finish.
4. Reboot, done!

Does it wipe data if the bootloader is already unlocked?

ghalalb

Jan 20, 2011
This method did give me root, but broke my camera, had to flash back to factory to get it to work. Don't want to flash cf again in case I end up with a broken camera again.

Tastycakess

Aug 24, 2010
This method did give me root, but broke my camera, had to flash back to factory to get it to work. Don't want to flash cf again in case I end up with a broken camera again.

Weird, my camera is still working here. Running the factory OTA. This did give me root which the SuperSU 2.19 zip didn't (but Super SU gave my root on CM12 fwiw). My bootloader was already unlocked and it didn't wipe anything for me.

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Sorry guys if i missed this info...have anybody of you managed to make booting options work like in twrp app or quick boot.
I rooted successfully my N4 today, however booting options don't bring any effect when tapped.

EDIT: reboot command in terminal emulator works as it should though.

Last edited:
Reactions: blessedsword

aviz1911

Oct 23, 2012
Hyderabad
I flashed the 4.4.4 image file you provided before and root works fine. Now that chainfire updated it to 5.0, should i flash the .img file of 5.0 again ?? I'm on stock 5.0 and latest TWRP.
Another thing, Before flashing any custom kernel should i flash the root image file again and then kernel.zip file or just kernel.zip file is enough ?? I can try this myself but i don't want to mess-up my new born Lollipop :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bc19e9101.png

Instructions:

4. Reboot, done!
    if you are already unlocked you can just run the following command in fastboot:

fastboot boot CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.img

just make sure you extract the img first and it should work.
    Touch recovery 6.0.4.7 works fine
    noob here..

Chainfire updated the tool. Even if it says it's for version 4.4.4 he's updated it for 5.0. It does alter the kernel to set SELinux to permissible but don't worry about the alterations as it is made for 5.0.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

No. 5.0 uses ART as the new runtime which isn't yet compatible with Xposed.
    Is this the best method for rooting on 5.0? My wife's phone has been a mess since lollipop.
    No need for cf-autoroot anymore.
    Flash or just boot custom recovery(ie. CWM), and flash supersu: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu