Media Link HD

Search This thread

rawfa

Jan 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Thanks for the small review. I love the idea of turning my 55" tv into an android device. I cannot imagine what it will be like to play Angry Birds on it :)
As for the video issues, were you trying to play HD movies or SD?

I have the wired version of this for the GS2 and it´s sweet but somehow it only works on portrait mode and since the cable is small you have to be really close to the tv.

puremobile

May 9, 2012
Thanks for the review, helps everyone out here. If you don't mind, if you bought it from Pure Mobile go ahead a submit the same review on our website and you'll earn loyalty points that can be used for future purchases. If you do, let me know I'll give you extra 100 points free. That's $1.25 for a copy and paste ;)

Will you be carrying the HTC Car StereoClip anytime soon ?

Thx

I asked the Product Manager responsible for HTC products couple hours ago, still waiting on response. When I get one, I will let you know.

pyrotecha

Jul 25, 2010
Thanks for the small review. I love the idea of turning my 55" tv into an android device. I cannot imagine what it will be like to play Angry Birds on it :)
As for the video issues, were you trying to play HD movies or SD?

I have the wired version of this for the GS2 and it´s sweet but somehow it only works on portrait mode and since the cable is small you have to be really close to the tv.

Just updated my previous post. I just tried it again with streaming video and everything is perfectly fine with no issues of any kind (this is with content in HD and SD).

jason.hamilton

Jun 25, 2010
Dallas
Well i just bought one of these of puremobile.com and its about 57 bucks with the coupon code. Thank you for the code. Ill post pics when i get it.

galfert

Apr 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
I too just pulled the trigger and ordered from Puremobile.com with the 50% coupon code. $57 delivered is an incredible price. I understand they are loosing money but I get it. It's marketing. Next time I need an accessory I'll remember them and check them out and I'll also refer my family/friends/clients because it is what I do as an IT Consultant. I really wanted this adapter but for $100 I didn't really need it.

doaneramma

Feb 3, 2007
Saanich, BC
I get mine on wednesday. But can someone answer me this. Someone said they were using Netflix. This I believe uses the under utilized wifi-direct capabilities. So my question is, were you useing 3/4G for the netflix? Or was it capable of using one WiFi band for this, and another for internet?

NVM: Looks like it configures itself to your home network. And there is even talk of it working from a Windows 7 PC. If so, this is an awesome deal!

xandr115

Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I haven't received any email with a shipping number or anything since I bought this.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Jason, did you get any email confirmation stuff yet? Maybe, hopefully you'll see something on Monday?

Just bit the bullet myself with the Facebook coupon code... Getting the Radio Shack deal was great since I've just about spent twice the price i paid for my phone in accessories already.

Last edited:

jason.hamilton

Jun 25, 2010
Dallas
Jason, did you get any email confirmation stuff yet? Maybe, hopefully you'll see something on Monday?

Just bit the bullet myself with the Facebook coupon code... Getting the Radio Shack deal was great since I've just about spent twice the price i paid for my phone in accessories already.

No i havent recieved a confirmation code or anything yet. I tried to login on my account to their website but it says the email hasnt been confirmed yet. I check my email box, they havent sent me any confirmations for my account either. I clicked the button to have it resend confirmation link but havent recieved it in last 30 minutes.

And i am checking my spam folder.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I just called them 1-800-507-8819 and they sent me another confirmation email but i still didnt get it. He changed my password and i was able to login with the new password. It shows my account and shipping info. Tracking number says 3 more days til it arrives. Awesome customer service.

xandr115

Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
No i havent recieved a confirmation code or anything yet. I tried to login on my account to their website but it says the email hasnt been confirmed yet. I check my email box, they havent sent me any confirmations for my account either. I clicked the button to have it resend confirmation link but havent recieved it in last 30 minutes.

And i am checking my spam folder.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I just called them 1-800-507-8819 and they sent me another confirmation email but i still didnt get it. He changed my password and i was able to login with the new password. It shows my account and shipping info. Tracking number says 3 more days til it arrives. Awesome customer service.

Cool, I just logged in to check and mines still shows as "processing", although I only just ordered it last night.

shanghei

Oct 21, 2008
I received my media link two days ago, I love it but if you had plans of playing games with it, think again, its horrible for that.

galfert

Apr 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
I got an email from Pure Mobile telling me the order I placed last weekend could not be delivered till mid June. They wanted to know if I wanted to cancel the order. I told them to keep my order. I guess they ran out of stock. :(

doaneramma

Feb 3, 2007
Saanich, BC
Got mine today. Haven't played with it much and probably won't until the weekend. One thing I was hoping to do, and apparently this model doesnt, was use it for streaming from my PC too. Sigh. Oh well! Maybe someone smarter than I will hack it??? LOL. I have my PS3, but the simple "Play to" that little box just seemed a billion times easier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great to see our coupon being spread around, it is in fact available until May 16th.

In some cases, we lose money - like the HTC Media Link, with the discount it is below our cost. Why do we offer it? We're doing a little benchmark.

In Canada we're #1 in Telecommunication accessories. We're the largest distributor and often have exclusive rights to some products / pricing.

In USA we're part of the Top 5 in accessories.

Our website uses minimum 128-bit encryption, so you can be rest assured that it is secure. If you want the extra security, simply checkout with PayPal and get the Buyer Protection from PayPal.

are they legit?

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

LINK REMOVED - ResellerRatings (please check previous post for link)

reseller ratings arent so great for this seller

In response to resellerratings.com - this website is not a great source for the real reviews. Why? Because this website allows anyone to register and submit a review. If you read them, a lot of them are around the same time with the slightly altered writing. I will say we've caught a few of our competitors trying to slander our name, and we've confirmed many of submissions were in fact submitted by them.

If you want the real deal - check out the reviews from ACTUAL customers.

Visit our website and check out our ratings from; Amazon, Shopping.com and PriceGrabber. (located at the bottom of every page)

You'll see we range between 4 and 5 stars. Average rating of 4.75.
    Rest assured we're here to offering the best products, the best pricing and most of all a personalized customer experience.

Best part? Spend $100, you get $10 back for more accessories as part of our loyalty program. Also get additional points for reviews, inviting friends and more.

Thanks for taking the time to hear us out for what we really are.
    I got mine and just finished testing it out. So far this is what it's like:

-The feature to be able to still use the phone be able to lock it during video playback only applies to when you're viewing videos and photos through the gallery app or streaming video through htc's media hub.

-When watching videos saved locally on the device it seems to run totally smooth.

-When streaming, the video is smooth, but the audio quality is off. Whenever someone talks it sounds like they took a lung full of helium. I tried this on netflix, youtube (app and browser), as well as some other video sites.

-The thing that'll probably be a problem for me the most is that during video playback, I experienced popping noises from the audio (both streaming videos from the internet and watching locally stored videos). Hopefully this can fix this with a software update.

Besides those points above, setting up was insanely easy. Just plug it in, push the button to turn on and swipe three fingers up on the phone. That's it!

Edit: Just tested netflix again and now everything is perfectly fine. Sound is perfect with no odd sounding voices and no popping. Totally perfect!
    I just got one from this site. It totaled to $68.48 shipped (with coupon code that is good until May 16th I think).

(can't post link yet, but go to puremobile[dot]com and search for the media link)

Edit: the coupon code is on the page for the item.

I just used an old discount code for 50% and it took it! We'll see if I actually get it of course. LOL. With that in mind, I went through PayPal just in case.

FACE50
    I just got one from this site. It totaled to $68.48 shipped (with coupon code that is good until May 16th I think).

(can't post link yet, but go to puremobile[dot]com and search for the media link)

Edit: the coupon code is on the page for the item.