New to XT925

Search This thread

MrToastbrot

Feb 6, 2012
Hi all

I'm new to the Razr HD, XT925 and this is my first Motorola device, so I have some questions:
First: How exactly works rooting and unlocking the phone? Is it possible without loosing warranty?

Second: after update from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 is Android OS draining the battery and is preventing my phone from sleep. Can a format data fix this?

Thanks for your help

MrToastbrot

Sent from my XT925

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361435054783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361435054783.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 58
You can root and run Safestrap without voiding warranty, as long as you are able to revert to stock if you ever need to send in for repair. Unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty because you have to do it through Motorola.

If I were you, I would do a factory reset because a clean wipe is always a good way to start a new version of Android. The built in battery stats does not really reveal much in what is actaully draining the battery. Check out this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809
Read the first three pages fully so you can understand how Better Battery Stats works. If you are still having drain after a wipe, chances are you have battery-hoggin apps. You can do a dump of a log there and people will help you narrow down the cause(s).