[Q] Twitter for Android - sync contacts broken in ICS / Android 4.0.3 ?

Search This thread

aswiseman

Jan 24, 2012
Moto X Play
Lenovo P2
I upgraded my Nexus S from Android 2.3.1 to 4.0.3 and all was well: those I follow on Twitter turned up in the new People app. But recently I ran a factory reset to try and improve battery life and since re-installing Twitter for Android it refuses to sync my contacts.

My Twitter account has been added to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. What I get for "Sync Contacts" is: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". "Sync Twitter" is working fine as is syncing with googlemail accounts.

My colleague has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (also running Android 4.0.3) and I got him to add his Twitter account to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. He is getting the exact same problem.

Is anyone else getting this? It's been broken for a few days now.

sky1193

Apr 13, 2011
I'm running the AOSP oICS and it doesn't work for me either. Try to sync contacts with twitter and it just fails. NS4G.

GreatBigDog

Dec 15, 2009
Prince Edward Island
I upgraded my Nexus S from Android 2.3.1 to 4.0.3 and all was well: those I follow on Twitter turned up in the new People app. But recently I ran a factory reset to try and improve battery life and since re-installing Twitter for Android it refuses to sync my contacts.

My Twitter account has been added to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. What I get for "Sync Contacts" is: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". "Sync Twitter" is working fine as is syncing with googlemail accounts.

My colleague has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (also running Android 4.0.3) and I got him to add his Twitter account to the Settings > Accounts & sync screen. He is getting the exact same problem.

Is anyone else getting this? It's been broken for a few days now.

It's a problem with Twitter. It was fine a few days ago on stock Galaxy Nexus with 4.0.1 and then it just stopped working.

Uni7

Sep 14, 2011
It worked fine for weeks, only stopped a week or so ago. Something on twitter's end.

rabarkar

Dec 10, 2010
Guadalajara
Same here! No ICS Issues confirmed

I can confirm the issue, in my Xoom running ICS and also in my phone running Gingerbread, both with the same message using the same account... So I think is twitter fault...

margag

Nov 20, 2010
rome
but with the first aosp I flashed, the same version of twitter I have now, worked fine. with the update of the rom, no more sync.

churria

Jun 10, 2010
Same problem here.
Was working 3 weeks ago. Since then, twitter contacts sync don't work.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus with stock rom 4.0.2

Top Liked Posts