Post Reply Email Thread
3rd March 2010, 07:42 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinga

I like it, works great on my Imagio so far. The only improvement I'd like to see would be an additional color to indicate that the battery is being charged.

Good job!

That would be a really cool idea, but I don't know how to detect 'charging' status. Anybody have a link?

3rd March 2010, 07:43 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2nl

A really tiny little tool. Will post a screenshot from mine...

One point i have:
It will be very helpfull when there is also a right side offset.
It means with newer skins we have round corners. And with
that the left side offset is wonderfull, but i need also the
right one.

Is this possible for the next version?

that should be pretty easy. I can add that!
3rd March 2010, 07:45 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbbie

Is it supposed to run on smartphones (aka "WM Standard") as well? I don't get it visible despite the service is started after reboot. Do I have to use a different class name for this?

I don't know enough about the 'standard' platform to know if it will work, but since the classname is configurable, you might be able to get this to work if you know the window class.
3rd March 2010, 07:46 PM |#24  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Hi tobbbie,

i don't think that the app is running on smartphones. So far as i understand the soucre code after reading, is this app not compiled for smartphones. I also have seen for the *.exe this resourceppc.h and this Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I) and this Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK (ARMV4I) is used. That means it is for powerpc, or i am wrong thx1200?

That's correct, but sometimes apps for professional will work on standard without recompilation, depending on the chipset and the controls used. I just don't have any idea if services.exe is supported on standard, which battlinesvc absolutely requires.
3rd March 2010, 08:30 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Gotta say, this is pretty awesome. Now I can see my battery and clock at the same time. All it needs is a UI to configure, and indicator when charging, that would be awesome. Hope you figure that stuff out! Thanks!
3rd March 2010, 08:46 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

That would be a really cool idea, but I don't know how to detect 'charging' status. Anybody have a link?

I've played around a bit with Python, but I know nothing about windows mobile programming. I'm too new here to post links, but if you google 'windows mobile battery state enumeration' there's a few links that deal with getting charge status and AC line status.
3rd March 2010, 09:06 PM |#27  
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:

@ tito,

you have seen the default colors after the installation and before you have changed something??? Next point from 1st posting:

as sample:
color = green
standard hex = #00FF00
BattLineSvc registry value = ff00

You have done this in this way? The leading zeros are not supported. Otherwise the light goes on now?

Hint:
If you need the hex information for a color and you have further problems with your hex calculator, publish an icon 90x90 pixel and you will receive them.

Thanks for your help mike2nl,

I followed these steps and either couldn't see the thin line or some of the hex codes were not valid or accepted by my device. So after tampering with the values I decided to uninstall after stopping the app, then installed again. I noticed the old registry values remained after install, so I removed them manually and repeated the operation.

Also I didn't get your hint...
4th March 2010, 06:51 AM |#28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1200

that should be pretty easy. I can add that!

That is great news for me. So i will wait for the next release. Thanks thx1200...
4th March 2010, 07:44 AM |#29  

More
Thumbs up
Awesome app. App like this I was looking for a long time ago.
Thank you, thank you.

Just one thing. I have issue with starting after soft reset. I have to do it manually
4th March 2010, 09:45 AM |#30  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Just happened to be looking for this, thanks very much
4th March 2010, 03:48 PM |#31  

More
beg to differ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS

nice job - try to implement "breaks" in the line - like SPB Pocket Plus bar
(so that you actually get a feel of steps)
also looks nicer and feels like it measures something, not like there is something wrong with the pixels at the top of the screen

I actually like this because it does NOT have the breaks. IMHO the continuous line looks much cleaner. Thanks for the pgm!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, service, status, title bar, titlebar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)