Fleksy just released for beta testing on Gear 2!

Search This thread

BlackZenith

Dec 23, 2011
Fleksy SMS

But we couldn't even use this app. There would need to be another app that would support text inserting.
I thought this too, and wondered how it could be in a beta stage when there is no way to input/send text... I did some digging and found out that it is actually a keyboard + messaging app call Fleksy SMS. There is an article about it here

Reactions: ronfurro

SilentAce07

Dec 13, 2010
They just replied to me on Twitter regarding the beta. Should be on its way "very soon".

Here's to hoping. I thought a keyboard for sms capability is the only thing this device is missing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joeyxc

daretofaceme

Jun 9, 2014
Still nothing... wish they would release the beta, this thing is taking forever. It's one of those features that could make the gear 2 way more useful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After corresponding with Fleksy for some time, I just got notified that they are rolling out beta testing!

Send them an email and get on the list.

http://fleksy.com/fleksy-smartwatch-beta/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2718037

Sent from my SM-V7000 using Tapatalk
    Updates

Hey guys,

Thanks for following up!

Blank Contacts bug
    From our interaction so far with the whole community, it looks like the most successful workaround is to keep the phone and the gear 2 very close to each other when launching Fleksy Messenger.

Languages
    We will be expanding support to many more languages - we already support 16 on our Android keyboard app. English is just the foot at the door :)

Linking with Android app
    Fleksy Messenger is a dedicated SMS app. Combining this fact with the relative infancy of the Tizen platform, we built Fleksy Messenger as an independent app to minimize complexities for these early builds.

Reply from notification
    We are examining every method available to achieve this, as we also believe will increase the usability of Fleksy Messenger dramatically.

Text the people you care about
    This is an immediate goal for upcoming updates.

All in all, stay tuned and keep telling us what you think.

Thanks!

Bill
    Hey guys,

This is Bill from Fleksy.

Thank you for installing Fleksy Messenger and thank you for your feedback!

This is our first iteration and we are going to improve a lot, so your feedback is going to help steer our development.

We are currently chasing down the Blank Contacts Screen bug.

It looks like it may affect users with longer contact lists more frequently. If you are affected, can you try the following and get back to us?

1) Set your screen timeout to 1 minute on the Gear 2
    2) Make sure the Gear and your phone have a stable Bluetooth connection
    3) Open Fleksy Messenger and wait at that screen for a little while. Depending on the length of your contact lists, loading it might take longer.

Let us know if this workaround works. We will be optimizing both performance and usability.

Regarding using Fleksy across the OS, this is currently not possible, as the version of Tizen running on the Gear 2 is sandboxed.

Unfortunately, this is why Fleksy can't be an option to reply to a stock SMS notification and why it can't be used by other apps.
    Just wanted to say I appreciate and love the app so far. it does take longer than expected to load but I know it is still early.

A few ideas to circumvent the closed system:

1) Favorites - it would make things a lot easier if the watch was only loading a favorites list with only 5-10 contacts you commonly text.

This could even be a set list of contacts you set up in My Apps in Gear Manager.

2) Recents - this would just load the recent contacts you have texted through fleksy. That way, if you did have scroll through everyone to find a special contact, Fleksy temporarily stores that contact for future responses.

Having either of these really should help with load times, as well. The watch wouldn't have to sync so much data.

I'm hoping this helps. Thanks again for all your hard work. We do appreciate your product and understand this is a first release.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Theyre concentrating more on the ios8 keyboard than anything sigh*

Well, at least those poor iCrap guys are used to typing on a small screen! :p
    I say we all light up their Twitter with questions on it. If no one is bugging them, they probably don't feel an urgency.

Just posted this:

Status on the @fleksy for @samsung #Gear2? Honestly feels like bait and fail. "Fleksy now available"? More like #VaporWare!