[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Milestone 6

How would you like your memory cards to be set up stock?

• Samsung: /emmc external, /sdcard internal

Votes: 156 66.7%
  • Normal: /sdcard external, /emmc internal

Votes: 58 24.8%
  • Build both because I am indecisive.

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

emanuelparedes

Sep 12, 2008
Hey guys. I've installed on my i9000 the build 40 of this amazing ROM. There are no update since June. Sould I update to Milestone? Can I do that, without doing backups? Because if I have to do backups, I will install a ROM with JB.

To install Milestone 6, I just have to copy the zip and flash it via recovery? This is how i've installed the build updates.

Last edited:

rotman253

Nov 24, 2009
Tel aviv
help required

Hello there ,
so here is the story.
My I9000 took some water damage and now it's working while some things don't work like the internal speaker and the USB.
I can charge it but if I plug it to my computer no USB detection is poping (computer nor phone) .

now , in order to put it in the lab I have to return it to the carrier original rom , problem is I dont have USB and can't use odin.

I've installed Mobile Odin but I'm getting the following message : "A compatible device was detected, but with an unexpected partition layout. Mobile ODIN cannot operate. This is a common error on CM and MIUI ROMs on some devices."

I can transfer files to the phone using it's external sd card.
I have the AOKP Milestone 6 rom installed right now with a devil kernel

can someone please guide me with a walkaround to make mobile odin work so I can install the original rom?

thank you very much.

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
in order to put it in the lab I have to return it to the carrier original rom , problem is I dont have USB and can't use odin.

I've installed Mobile Odin but I'm getting the following message : "A compatible device was detected, but with an unexpected partition layout. Mobile ODIN cannot operate. This is a common error on CM and MIUI ROMs on some devices."

Flash some GB Based ROM from the recovery
Try GamerZROM
or Meso ROM...! :cool:

GerbenEe

Sep 9, 2011
Emmen, Drenthe
I saw that there was a jellybean release also for i9000 ... cannot download anywhere, dead links or missing files ? will be uploaded again soon ?
or any alternative downloadpage / location / anything ?

pelata

Apr 5, 2011
I flashed the aokp_galaxysmtd_jb_build-5.zip rom via CWM, everything ok but now I can't access again to CWM to flash gapps!
I tried from key combinaton and from reboot menu but nothing!

Can you help me?

octolith

Nov 16, 2010
Budakeszi
I wonder whether the latest build is Milestone 6 or there have been some nighty builds since. If the latter, could anyone plese provide a link to the latest build? The download sites linked in the first post don't have ics builds anymore. Thank you in advance. :good:

Reactions: prince.icebox

octolith

Nov 16, 2010
Budakeszi
nah, this project has been dead way over a year now...

Thank you! I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure. However, I think this is one of the snappiest ROMs for the good ol' Galaxy. I repackaged the m6 release and ics gapps, included the latest libs and apps. If anyone's interested in that, I'll upload it.

EDIT: You can grab the repackaged files from here. Neither I nor the AOKP team are responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, etc... READ THIS PLEASE:: The gapps I provide here are unlikely to work on any other ROM, because I ripped apps, ringtones, etc from the ROM zip, and included a lot of Google apps in the gapps package -> your system partition will have only about 5MB of free space with this configuration. ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE AOKP TEAM, PAWITP, GOOGLE, ETC. I just removed stuff and put new apps and libs into the ROM and gapps.

What is added to the ROM:
+ new calendar
+ new google keyboard
+ SuperSu instead of Superuser
+ new Nova launcher

What is removed from the ROM:
- wallpapers
- ringtones & notification sounds (only 1 left of each, you can set your own sounds from many apps)
- Acromatic theme
- AOKPtips.apk
- Email & Exchange
- HTMLViewer
- AOKP Launcher
- All the live wallpapers except Phase Beam
- MusicFX (use Voodoo Sound from the Play Store instead)
- PicoTTS (you get the new Google TTS with the gapps package)
- Sound recorder (tons of sound recorder apps on the Play Store)
- Superuser (you have SuperSU instead)
- Video Editor
- Voice Dialer

What is added to the Google apps package:
+ new Google Play Services
+ Google Keep
+ Play Games
+ Google Translate
+ new Google TTS
+ Maps
+ Play Music
+ new Play Store
+ new Hangouts

What is removed from the Google apps package:
- face unlock

Install it almost the same way as written in the first post, as usual, make backups, wipe ALL the things ;) First instal ROM zip, then gapps. After that, I recommend installing the most up to date ics kernel: Gear kernel.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. Flash latest THS build (just to clean up from other devices build.prop issues)
    5. flash AOKP
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Think of builds as "nightlies." They are the latest and greatest, but they may contain bugs. Find Romanns builds here.
    Find my builds here

Milestone releases are an accumulation of builds before it. They are intended to be bug free and "complete." Find milestones here.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Reserved
    10char
    Nvm disregard this post, i just figured that build 32 is using glitch kernel aka ****tiest kernel ever made.
    For what cause does aokp use it? im tired of bootlooping back to stock hai odin.

Don't worry, I don't like your work either. Oh wait.....
    I'll build a HugeRAM build 29/30 combo today hopefully.
    Long week at work + long week on android = six shouldn't be posting on XDA. sorry to anyone I snapped at. One way to help keep this thread effective: if three people have posted about an issue and its not their fault, everyone probably has it. Unless you have a solution, I don't need 20 people saying they have the problem, it just clutters up the thread. I read every post, so I did see it, and I do my best to respond with what I know about the issue in a timely manner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5