Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA

Price: $0
IAP: Additional features - $1.99

APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cunninglogic.dynamicpin
Review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...s-and-pranksters-win-one-of-ten-pro-licenses/
This thread should be used for support and feature requests:

FailSafe:
If you become locked out, shut your device down, turn it back on and the first unlock should be your default PIN

TimePIN is a security and ease of use enhancing application. TimePIN sets your lockscreen PIN code to the current time resulting in an ever changing PIN that can not be shoulder surfed or repeated due to fingerprints on the screen. Modifiers allow you to morph the PIN, to further enhance security.
12hour and 24hour clocks are both supported.
Modifiers:
(If no modifier is applied, and the time is 9:12, your PIN will be 0912)
Reverse - reverses the PIN. If the time is 11:24, your PIN will be 4211
Mirror - mirrors the PIN. If the time is 8:34, your PIN will be 08344380
Double - Doubles the PIN. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 12341234
Offset - Applies a user chosen offset to the PIN. If the time is 10:43, and your offset is -121, your PIN will be 0922.
The reverse modifier is free, and no purchase is needed to use the application. The additional modifiers are available for purchase for $1.99, for all, for life.
For all non lockscreen purposes, and the first unlock after turning a device on, a user selected default PIN is used.
TimePIN is NOT currently compatible with encrypted devices, but an update is coming!
Future features:
Additional modifiers
Support for encrypted devices*
Support for alphanumerical passwords
Support for pattern password*
*Starred future features may require root access

Permissions used:
Starting TimePIN at boot:
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

In-App Purchasing:
com.android.vending.BILLING
License retrieval:
android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
android.permission.INTERNET
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

TimePIN-1.1.3.5-Release.apk = fc3697f4b4a7b62aea1b4af6b35d5347

Last edited:

eisenbathb

May 1, 2012
St. Louis
Each time I try to unlock the phone after waking it up it says wrong pin even if it is the time. I just enter it again and it works its just annoying to have to do it twice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cooptx

Jul 28, 2012
Houston, Texas
@eisenbathb I am getting that too. When you first go to enter your pin, default pin works and time does not. Anytime after that, time works, and the default doesn't. The app is only working after the first attempt

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Greedy242

Feb 9, 2014
minor problem

Having problem locking my phone after I disable the app when am home on my moto x

folkland

May 13, 2006
2x PIN

I like the cconcept of this app. Pretty cool idea. I just updated to 1.08 and I still have the issue of having to enter the code twice. I'm running the 1/20/14 nightly of AOKP on a Galaxy S3.

eisenbathb

May 1, 2012
St. Louis
Ok so original problem fixed! But now after about 5-10 unlocks it stops working completely. The default and the time. I have had to restart phone like 3 times now. Thanks

big88moe

Jan 26, 2013
Dubai
plus.google.com
LG G3
LG V20
Works fine first time then after 5 10 mins the time pin dosent work but the default pin works fine... or you enter the time pin twice and then ot works .. but dosent work first time only default pin works first time but second time if wrong pin is entered timed pin works

Sent from my GT-I9300 Wanamlite v7.3 ( Android JB 4.3), boeffla Kernel, Xposed framework. using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ghale

Oct 20, 2007
localhost
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Oh, an update! Ehm, there is a way to disable the persistent notification with an option in the application?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Try the 1.0.9 update from today, and then reboot your phone. The intentfilter was getting removed due to a couple bugs killing the service that started it (one bug was mine, one is this bug https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63793 ). Should preform better now.

Each time I try to unlock the phone after waking it up it says wrong pin even if it is the time. I just enter it again and it works its just annoying to have to do it twice.

@eisenbathb I am getting that too. When you first go to enter your pin, default pin works and time does not. Anytime after that, time works, and the default doesn't. The app is only working after the first attempt

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

I like the cconcept of this app. Pretty cool idea. I just updated to 1.08 and I still have the issue of having to enter the code twice. I'm running the 1/20/14 nightly of AOKP on a Galaxy S3.

Ok so original problem fixed! But now after about 5-10 unlocks it stops working completely. The default and the time. I have had to restart phone like 3 times now. Thanks

Hello,
I'm using 1.0.8 version on stock rom on Samsung Galaxy S4.
I have to enter 2 times the PIN to unlock my device.

However, good work!

Works fine first time then after 5 10 mins the time pin dosent work but the default pin works fine... or you enter the time pin twice and then ot works .. but dosent work first time only default pin works first time but second time if wrong pin is entered timed pin works

Sent from my GT-I9300 Wanamlite v7.3 ( Android JB 4.3), boeffla Kernel, Xposed framework. using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Love the app. Would it be possible to add Tasker support? I like to disable my PIN lock when I'm at home.

Thanks!

Drakon, that is under development. Both tasker support, and location/wifi based enabling/disabling.

Oh, an update! Ehm, there is a way to disable the persistent notification with an option in the application?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

This is a work around for this bug https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63793 which kept causing users to have to re-enter their PIN twice. Possibly you can long press the notification, then disable it (I think 4.2 and up), but this hasnt been tested and might bring back the bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Price: $0
    IAP: Additional features - $1.99

APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cunninglogic.dynamicpin
    Review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...s-and-pranksters-win-one-of-ten-pro-licenses/
    This thread should be used for support and feature requests:

FailSafe:
    If you become locked out, shut your device down, turn it back on and the first unlock should be your default PIN

TimePIN is a security and ease of use enhancing application. TimePIN sets your lockscreen PIN code to the current time resulting in an ever changing PIN that can not be shoulder surfed or repeated due to fingerprints on the screen. Modifiers allow you to morph the PIN, to further enhance security.
    12hour and 24hour clocks are both supported.
    Modifiers:
    (If no modifier is applied, and the time is 9:12, your PIN will be 0912)
    Reverse - reverses the PIN. If the time is 11:24, your PIN will be 4211
    Mirror - mirrors the PIN. If the time is 8:34, your PIN will be 08344380
    Double - Doubles the PIN. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 12341234
    Offset - Applies a user chosen offset to the PIN. If the time is 10:43, and your offset is -121, your PIN will be 0922.
    The reverse modifier is free, and no purchase is needed to use the application. The additional modifiers are available for purchase for $1.99, for all, for life.
    For all non lockscreen purposes, and the first unlock after turning a device on, a user selected default PIN is used.
    TimePIN is NOT currently compatible with encrypted devices, but an update is coming!
    Future features:
    Additional modifiers
    Support for encrypted devices*
    Support for alphanumerical passwords
    Support for pattern password*
    *Starred future features may require root access

Permissions used:
    Starting TimePIN at boot:
    android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

In-App Purchasing:
    com.android.vending.BILLING
    License retrieval:
    android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
    android.permission.INTERNET
    android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

TimePIN-1.1.3.5-Release.apk = fc3697f4b4a7b62aea1b4af6b35d5347
    Good news:
    c6da916d7853a23689917f765818a385.jpg

Sorry forgot to post a screenshot what he send me back
    FYI

so ... I FINALLY downloaded and installed the JDK and android SDK and Studio
    I have been a professional software developer and occasional professional sysadmin for windoze, unix and linux since 1989
    I have worked extensively with C, SQL, sh/bash scripting, javascript, etc but I have never worked with raw java
    I have worked with different IDE's but have never used Android Studio
    so ... of course there WILL be a learning curve

TimePIN is a great app ... and is easily the app that I miss the most since "upgrading" from kitkat to lollipop and marshmallow (this weekend)
    I would like to develop a new version that works for at least android 5+
    is it an ambitious first project? definitely! lol
    however as a professional developer I KNOW that the best way for Me to understand and become proficient in a new language/environment is to build a real project .. besides .. learning is supposed to be fun ;)

when there is something worth showing/testing, I'll create a new thread and post the link here
    @jcase if you have any insights/tips .. I would be grateful

until further notice,
    cheers! :D
    Great App, an idea of possibility on Timepin, Can you add an option to take away the OK button Make it so it just unlocks with w/ correct pin?

Galaxy note 3 Canadian variant Sm-N900W8 stainless Rom v2

+1 on this
    Thanks!
    Can we get a feature that does not change the PIN (time, offset etc.) but instead scrambles the keypad? :)

As soon as I clear some more non-root features and bug fixes, I will look at doing this.