Car Dock Audio Out Not Working

Search This thread

tallnerd1985

Dec 8, 2008
Vancouver, WA
I just got my Samsung Fascinate with the car dock manufactured by Samsung as a replacement from Motorola Droid. I didnt know that the dock has a 3.5mm audio out on the back that connects thru a slider unit that inserts into the Samsung's micro USB port so I was excited that I only had to connect a one thing for both power and audio. The only problem is that there is no audio coming out of the port and no where on Samsung's website nor Verizon, does it mention that the docks had audio out going from the micro USB plug that input for power and out for audio. I am not sure if it was mistake in manufacturing or if I got a DOA. Please, if anybody has this same issue, let me know if you are having the same problem.

Thanks!!

tallnerd1985

Dec 8, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Nevermind, I found where the issues. When I was looking at my wife's home dock, the was a sticker covering up the 3.5mm jack stating that audio out function is not available until the 2.2 rollout, damn!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Jodiuh

Sep 7, 2010
Wow...

On the one hand, bad VZW/Samsung for releasing such a buggy phone. On the other hand, it's quite clear they have a plan to support this thing.

To be honest, I'd rather have a buggy Sammy then no Sammy at all. I'll just keep busy by watching Avatar over and over and over.

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
i truly hope that they support it well, but being so new its a good sign that there are so many accessories becasue they still dont have any type of docks for the incredible just a few cases and **** like that. although now that my dinc is gone they offer the white back dammnit.

wicked_beav

Feb 20, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
So it's official that the Samsung Car Dock sold through Verizon won't support audio out through the 3.5mm jack until the Fascinate is updated to 2.2? That's a definite fail on their part.

ludionis

Oct 6, 2008
So it's official that the Samsung Car Dock sold through Verizon won't support audio out through the 3.5mm jack until the Fascinate is updated to 2.2? That's a definite fail on their part.

I had the same issue on my Car Dock and Desk Dock. I asked a Samsung Rep about this, as I also bought a 3.5mm to RCA video out cable that doesn't work either. Official Froyo to come out next month per rep, no exact date. I'm **hoping** the 3.5 jack on the car mount will support video out too, as I have a nice multimedia system set up in my truck, wired to include the 3.5 inch screen in dvd head unit, the 7 inch screen I embedded in sun visor, all wired together :D I want to slap my Fascinate into the dock, having it charge from accessory port and the video out to feed the head unit, which in turn feeds the 7" screen.

fatalpuls3

Jan 10, 2009
I am having the same issue i bought a shorty cable to do this and it does not work either. any ideas people?

the fascinator

May 2, 2011
I bought a $10 FM transmitter from Walmart and plugged it into the back of the car dock. I had to download a "TW_cardock_patch" or something like that. There's more than one thread on here on where to get the real link. It will only work if you're rooted though. Once you do that: throw the phone in the cradle, turn on the FM transmitter and you should be good. When you connect the phone to the cradle your Speaker Icon should have a line through. If it does you should be all set! Hope that helps.