2 HTC batteries wired in parallel = 3400?

Search This thread

bl8zeone360

Sep 5, 2009
york
We'll keep watching because if done correctly there will be no issues at all. If you ever opened an extended battery up its put together the same way.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

DeMiNe0

Dec 13, 2007
I actually have 2 evo 3d batteries soldered together in my phone now and repacked. I've been using for 2 weeks now. I get the best battery life i have ever gotten. I'm a very heavy user. It can last me way over 20 hours with heavy use.
Before this battery I had 2 samsung galaxy s batteries soldered together. They were 1650 mah each. I have been doing this with all my phones for quite some time. You will get better battery life than most of the extended batteries that you can buy out there.

Can you post pictures? I'm really interested in seeing how this is done, and how it looks.

bl8zeone360

Sep 5, 2009
york
battery images

battery3.jpg

battery4.jpg
This is the one i'm using now. 2 evo 3d batteries.:D

cupliz

Apr 19, 2011
Peace
For all my friends, lol...
I own 3500mah extra battery (yaobao) sigh, yes that chinnese factory, but have good known for their quality. I bought that around $15 USD and get bonus 1 pregnant back chasing LOL. Ive used this for 10months till now.

3 months ago, i see the battery and read notification, "warning, open the battery will be dangerous", but im curious so i open the plastic warp, and i found 2 standard battery bounded with some modification jumper, small PCB board + IC for charging saver. (Photos will upload if i have spare time)

But i think for time and money that you waste for making pararel jumper, proposional size so you can pluged well on phone hole, and 1 pregnant back door, that will cheaper to buy double power battery from china coz i have used it for 10month without any problems.

Sent from my PG86100

banditsmasher

Jul 23, 2016
I've done this successfully many times you take the top off of One battery the external the top is a charging controller chip attached to two posts underneath one post next to the center top of the battery the other posts in next to the battery case anywhere I solder two wires from those posts and I attached them underneath the charging control chip of the original battery and then insert the original battery back into the phone with the wires leading from that to the external battery which I then have the wires going out through the case on the back of the phone to the external battery which I have taped with blue painter's tape to the back of the phone I get about 20 hours of talk time at about 90-100 hours of standby time I just can't seem to get the battery monitor widget pro app to correctly calculate the increased capacity also you have to recalibrate the battery files so that the phone knows when the extended battery is fully charged

Last edited:

CLaudioman2009

Sep 27, 2013
I've done this successfully many times you take the top off of One battery the external the top is a charging controller chip attached to two posts underneath one post next to the center top of the battery the other posts in next to the battery case anywhere I solder two wires from those posts and I attached them underneath the charging control chip of the original battery and then insert the original battery back into the phone with the wires leading from that to the external battery which I then have the wires going out through the case on the back of the phone to the external battery which I have taped with blue painter's tape to the back of the phone I get about 20 hours of talk time at about 90-100 hours of standby time I just can't seem to get the battery monitor widget pro app to correctly calculate the increased capacity also you have to recalibrate the battery files so that the phone knows when the extended battery is fully charged
wuld you please post photos?

CLaudioman2009

Sep 27, 2013
what happens if you solder positive and negative from a tablet battery to the phone battery? i tested that it works.. but... maybe after long use something may get burned , internal circuits or something ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This just sounds like a very bad idea... Please video tape it for us! :D
    In parallel, voltage will stay the same amps will be added. In series, voyage will double, amps will stay the same. When you do this, voltage multiplied by power will give the power output. It should be okay to charge as one will stop charging. What I am thinking but could be wrong is that since the batteries have overcharge protection..in parallel, when one charges to full, the other one still will charge since there is not a broken connection say if it was in series. But only testing will see if they work.
    Im thinking / hoping it will charge both at the same rate, just 1/2 the speed, it would take twice as long though. It should be same charge time as say Seido Innocell 3400 mAh Super Extended Life Battery. I could get a second battery for $20. Where the 3400 and 4000 seido cost 70 and 75.
    Basically trying to get the 3400 for $20 and 2 min solder time. Just wanted to know if it would ruin the built in protection.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, NO NO NO NO

Lithium batteries have to be carefully charged if they are to low voltage or to high voltage they can explode into fire balls of pain and fury. DO NOT try to charge 2 cells with out a charger designed to charge multi cell batteries (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10473 is one available for fairly cheap) You will need to figure out pinning to get the 3 wires out (other then +/-) to properly charge the batteries.

Once again, DO NOT try to charge them in a normal charger you rig your self, it is incredibly dangerous and you ARE going to burn down your house.
    I actually have 2 evo 3d batteries soldered together in my phone now and repacked. I've been using for 2 weeks now. I get the best battery life i have ever gotten. I'm a very heavy user. It can last me way over 20 hours with heavy use.
    Before this battery I had 2 samsung galaxy s batteries soldered together. They were 1650 mah each. I have been doing this with all my phones for quite some time. You will get better battery life than most of the extended batteries that you can buy out there.