[Q] [Updated] Verizon SCH-i810 boot animation removal?

Search This thread

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
Hello,

Has anyone successfully removed the colorful (but very annoying to me) Verizon LTE boot animation for the Galaxy 7.7?

Thank you!

Last edited:

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
I hope responding to my own message isn't a big no-no when there is something of substance (I think) to post:

After rooting and installing superuser and accessing the SCH-i810 using the "Root Browser" posted here at XDA (thank you), I determined that I could cut the two files:

/system/media/bootsamsung.qmg
/system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg

paste them both in

/system/media/video

And now the SCH-i810 boots with no animation.

The momentary Samsung 7.7 splash remains but, otherwise nothing until the home screen appears in about 18 seconds.

Maybe this info helps someone. The Verizon boot animation was just too much color flashing and movement. The animation might be great for the store but for everyday use -- ugh.

Reactions: terryfiedxda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hope responding to my own message isn't a big no-no when there is something of substance (I think) to post:

After rooting and installing superuser and accessing the SCH-i810 using the "Root Browser" posted here at XDA (thank you), I determined that I could cut the two files:

/system/media/bootsamsung.qmg
    /system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg

paste them both in

/system/media/video

And now the SCH-i810 boots with no animation.

The momentary Samsung 7.7 splash remains but, otherwise nothing until the home screen appears in about 18 seconds.

Maybe this info helps someone. The Verizon boot animation was just too much color flashing and movement. The animation might be great for the store but for everyday use -- ugh.