Mango Update. Files please ????

Search This thread

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
User hd2leo_fusion post in another thread...
This download contains four files that you will need to update your retail Windows Phone device to the 'Mango' Beta 2 pre-release build.

MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip - ZIP file that contains the install for the pre-release Zune Client 4.8, required to update your Windows Phone retail device and to connect to your device from the Windows Phone SDK tools.
MangoB2-UpdateWP.zip - ZIP that contains the install program(s) that will install updatewp.exe into your Zune client, allowing you to update your Windows Phone to point to the test servers
MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.zip - Tool that automates the backup and update process so that your retail phone can receive ‘Mango'
Update Instructions - Mango Beta 2 for WPDevs.pdf - Instructions to walk you through the update process. 15 minutes here can save you 4 weeks without a phone.
Finally, one last reminder about reading the instrctions:

Please read the instructions document fully and carefully before you update your retail device. Not properly following these instructions can place your personal phone in an unusable state. Microsoft is unable to assist developers who ‘bricked’ their phone because an instruction step was skimmed or skipped.

Hi all

It looks like those 4 files are the files you need to perform the update !!!!!!

MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip
MangoB2-UpdateWP.zip
MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.zip
Mango Beta 2 for WPDevs.pdf

And from what i read are device indepented ...so guys ...

Can any one with dev account post those files here please???

emigrating

Jan 1, 2010
Good luck with this. Considering [registered] developers are only allowed to install Mango on a single device I somehow doubt you'll be able to install it as a non-dev just by patching your Zune install.

cohowap

Apr 18, 2006
I'm giving it a shot. I have the files, going to see if it works.

I sure hope it does.

P.S. I was sworn to not share the files though. Gotta find ur own :(

E

experience7

I'll try to search them, too. But if I found them I'll post them here.
Edit: Google doesn't help =/ Seems like nobody has uploaded them, yet.

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Good luck with this. Considering [registered] developers are only allowed to install Mango on a single device I somehow doubt you'll be able to install it as a non-dev just by patching your Zune install.

I did not say that it will work 100% ...The files are just to patch the zune and send it to find the update in the MS servers ...
Dont forget that register devs are limited to unlock only 1 device ...and all of them have more than one unlocked...
Maybe this will work, for everyone ... maybe ...else why are those files hiden to general public ???

I'm giving it a shot. I have the files, going to see if it works.
I sure hope it does.
P.S. I was sworn to not share the files though. Gotta find ur own :(

OK...please can you report back if you did made the update with out any prob ???

Last edited:

cohowap

Apr 18, 2006
So far so good, installed the "pre-mango" update, no hicups yet.

The only confirmation it has so far is to confirm you have a dev unlocked phone. No dev unlock phone, no update.

E

experience7

Sounds very good :) Thanks!
Edit: He said that he's not going to share the files. We should accept that :)

Last edited:

cohowap

Apr 18, 2006
Please, share with us the files! :)

Read a few posts up. They aren't my files to share, I'm sure they'll be leaked out eventually, but I'm not going to screw a friend over who gave me them if there is some sort of hidden tracking.

I'll report the progress, but no files.

P.S. seems this update is going to take at least an hour. I'll post back when it finishes. Also, from start to where I am now, it's been pretty painless. And NO i don't have the Beta 2 tools installed, so it apparently works without them, despite what the document says.

mikeeam

May 26, 2010
Ah, ops, sorry. Okay then.

At least we will know if this will work to everyone when leaked.

cohowap

Apr 18, 2006
The documents say that in order to DEPLOY anything on your Mango updated device you need the B2 SDK :)

I planned on having them installed eitherway, just that the excitement overcame my ability to remember longer than 20 seconds to install them before kicking off the update lol.

So far still in updating mode... Been about 30 minutes i think, document says 70.

cohowap

Apr 18, 2006
Phone just reset itself, looking at the bug list, it an take 5-45 minutes to restart, we'll see. Hopefully we're done soon.

Reactions: colossus_r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WGHWO7DM 1 of 5
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PL7H6FKJ 2 of 5
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9Q3LBQ4J 3 of 5

4 of 5, and 5 of 5 is arriving (about 30 minutes)

sorry for bad english :)
    1 megaupload.com/?d=WGHWO7DM
    2 megaupload.com/?d=PL7H6FKJ
    3 megaupload.com/?d=9Q3LBQ4J
    4 .megaupload.com/?d=KY8J8SIY
    5 megaupload.com/?d=WNKD3G9U

how to ban myself for you! LOL enjoy!
    User hd2leo_fusion post in another thread...
    This download contains four files that you will need to update your retail Windows Phone device to the 'Mango' Beta 2 pre-release build.

MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip - ZIP file that contains the install for the pre-release Zune Client 4.8, required to update your Windows Phone retail device and to connect to your device from the Windows Phone SDK tools.
    MangoB2-UpdateWP.zip - ZIP that contains the install program(s) that will install updatewp.exe into your Zune client, allowing you to update your Windows Phone to point to the test servers
    MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.zip - Tool that automates the backup and update process so that your retail phone can receive ‘Mango'
    Update Instructions - Mango Beta 2 for WPDevs.pdf - Instructions to walk you through the update process. 15 minutes here can save you 4 weeks without a phone.
    Finally, one last reminder about reading the instrctions:

Please read the instructions document fully and carefully before you update your retail device. Not properly following these instructions can place your personal phone in an unusable state. Microsoft is unable to assist developers who ‘bricked’ their phone because an instruction step was skimmed or skipped.

Hi all

It looks like those 4 files are the files you need to perform the update !!!!!!

MangoB2-ZuneClient.zip
    MangoB2-UpdateWP.zip
    MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.zip
    Mango Beta 2 for WPDevs.pdf

And from what i read are device indepented ...so guys ...

Can any one with dev account post those files here please???
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WGHWO7DM #1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PL7H6FKJ #2
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9Q3LBQ4J #3
    http://megaupload.com/?d=KY8J8SIY #5
    megaupload.com/?d=WNKD3G9U #4
    What wrong at that?

We only post the files without a devloper account you can´t install it (I mean that ;))

But we must test it :D
    say thanks please! ;)

1 megaupload DOT COM/?d=WGHWO7DM
    2 megaupload DOT COM/?d=PL7H6FKJ
    3 megaupload DOT COM/?d=9Q3LBQ4J
    4 megaupload DOT COM/?d=KY8J8SIY
    5 megaupload DOT COM/?d=WNKD3G9U

follow instructions at file N ° 5