Home button double action

Search This thread

coronanlime

Mar 13, 2010
Since I have had this phone the home button always acted as if you had pressed it twice. For instance, in an app, press home, takes me to launcher and automatically goes to main home screen. Does that happen to everyone? Think I may have a reason to get a new one if not.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

coronanlime

Mar 13, 2010
All and I don't think its a bug. When you click home where do you want to go, home. Click the back icon if you want to go back.

I liked the old functionality, one press back to lay home screen, twice to main home screen, and with nova I had third to the home screen editor. Can't do the nova agreed functionality because of how it is now.

Metfanant

Jan 10, 2011
All and I don't think its a bug. When you click home where do you want to go, home. Click the back icon if you want to go back.

Nope, def a bug...install a launcher like Nova...by default, if you're on the main homescreen and press home you're supposed to get the "previews" screen that shows all of your home screens...

But on our phones it will open quickly and then close right away because the home button registers twice...

sent from my Droid Maxx

Mustang02

Nov 4, 2010
Nope, def a bug...install a launcher like Nova...by default, if you're on the main homescreen and press home you're supposed to get the "previews" screen that shows all of your home screens...

But on our phones it will open quickly and then close right away because the home button registers twice...

sent from my Droid Maxx
You can't compare a stock launcher to an aftermarket launch. Functionality will always be different. Maybe it's a bug but I hope I can keep the functionality.

Metfanant

Jan 10, 2011
You can't compare a stock launcher to an aftermarket launch. Functionality will always be different. Maybe it's a bug but I hope I can keep the functionality.

Yes, the comparison can be made...the home button registers a double click on out phones...period...

sent from my Droid Maxx

doogald

May 27, 2010
If it's not a bug then it's non-standard Android behavior and it was not something that existed when the phone launched.

Clearly, it's a bug. If it's still around after the next OTA then either Motorola is incompetent or Verizon directed them to do this for some dumb reason.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Houston
If it's not a bug then it's non-standard Android behavior and it was not something that existed when the phone launched.

Clearly, it's a bug. If it's still around after the next OTA then either Motorola is incompetent or Verizon directed them to do this for some dumb reason.

I guess it is some phone but not all because I have yet to have this issue.

jkhouw1

Aug 26, 2008
This does not happen on my Maxx running kitkat (rooted but I think that's irrelevant).

If I'm in an application and press the home button once, it goes the last home screen I was on (not the 'main' home screen). Pressing it again goes to the main screen.

blemert

Dec 22, 2010
This does not happen on my Maxx running kitkat (rooted but I think that's irrelevant).

If I'm in an application and press the home button once, it goes the last home screen I was on (not the 'main' home screen). Pressing it again goes to the main screen.

For me this started immediately after going to Kit Kat - I am rooted, I wasn't on 4.2. Annoying as hell!

broosewee

Sep 24, 2010
Westchester County, NY
This is my biggest problem with the Kit Kat upgrade - home button goes to main home screen sometimes. Makes me want to ditch this phone for something else. Maddening.
The entire upgrade was generally a let down, from performance to battery.

coronanlime

Mar 13, 2010
Well I recently switched to Dev and home button is normal as it should be. Sticking with 4.2.2. I am going to try to send my Norman maxx in for warranty for the glitch. Should come with 4.2.2. If anyone wants to buy it let me know.