help with security Tier level

Search This thread

zoomee

Sep 24, 2007
Hudds
Hi,

I've got an issue trying to use some software on my Rose.
Using GW PDA Connect, its installs and synchronises ok the first time (provided I install the software unlocker available from orange developers). Subsequent attempts to run it asks me to reinstall the software. If I attempt to reinstall the application which resides on the smartphone I get the following error:

cesetup.dll
\\Windows\230\XCPCSyncSvr.exe: Error 2

A bit of googling and it basically boils down to the fact this is a Tier-3 security level problem. In order to change the security level I was going to try a registry hack but can't use any registry editor as its not digitally signed for the device.

Any help much appreciated - thanks in advance.

jeandemont

Feb 14, 2009
I find a ... solution.

Each time you want to sync with PDA Connect, delete or rename the rep \Windows\230.

It's not a clean solution, but I find anything else.

SJ@XDA-IIs

Jan 31, 2005
Hi,

I've got an issue trying to use some software on my Rose.
Using GW PDA Connect, its installs and synchronises ok the first time (provided I install the software unlocker available from orange developers). Subsequent attempts to run it asks me to reinstall the software. If I attempt to reinstall the application which resides on the smartphone I get the following error:

cesetup.dll
\\Windows\230\XCPCSyncSvr.exe: Error 2

A bit of googling and it basically boils down to the fact this is a Tier-3 security level problem. In order to change the security level I was going to try a registry hack but can't use any registry editor as its not digitally signed for the device.

Any help much appreciated - thanks in advance.

Have you tried this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=496425