--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

philsfan

Mar 10, 2010
Thank you!! And sure man, Ill have some extra time tomorrow and Saturday, ill be working diligently on this stuff :p

Thanks MBQ!! i'll never go back to a non-linaro rom again. the difference is real, used to think it was placebo. Vanir roms changed my mind, but this has the same speed plus the features that i really like. love it man, thanks again!

as far as dpi, would the xposed apps work with this? i tried with a vanir rom and it caused bootloop. maybe i'll give it a shot before updating to the newest build...

Reactions: jesfreak

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Thanks MBQ!! i'll never go back to a non-linaro rom again. the difference is real, used to think it was placebo. Vanir roms changed my mind, but this has the same speed plus the features that i really like. love it man, thanks again!

as far as dpi, would the xposed apps work with this? i tried with a vanir rom and it caused bootloop. maybe i'll give it a shot before updating to the newest build...

I have no clue bro. Try it out and let us know! :good:

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Re: [ROM] [Linaro] ✯ Unofficial Xylon ✯ ツ [2/28/13]

Awesome job, great work. I just have one question. I have my LCD density at 182dpi and I have the tablet layout for the keyboard. Is there any way to change only the keyboard bback to stock DPI?

Everything is running flawlessly so far. :thumbup:

philsfan

Mar 10, 2010
I have no clue bro. Try it out and let us know! :good:

i don't use xposed apk (per app dpi) but tried it on both builds in case others were wondering...no dice, boot loop.

rom runs awesome MBQ. seriously, between school, music, and Anarkia's thread/g+ community, where the hell do you find time to build roms??? love it bro. thank you.

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
i don't use xposed apk (per app dpi) but tried it on both builds in case others were wondering...no dice, boot loop.

rom runs awesome MBQ. seriously, between school, music, and Anarkia's thread/g+ community, where the hell do you find time to build roms??? love it bro. thank you.

Thats a good question, ahahah

I make music when im not building, and build when im not making music ;P

Speaking of which... (shameless self-promotion, yay)
If you like (my) music, want to help support me, or show (more) appreciation,, go buy my music. :)

'Downfall' (single): https://play.google.com/store/music...xidW0tQmljNXpjb2s1ZjdibHhqbXhncGN1ZmRjbGVxIl0.

'The Originals' (EP): https://play.google.com/store/music...xidW0tQmp0c2t1bzYyeG9pZWxzaHV0ZG5nZnozZnFpIl0.

'Purity' (single): https://play.google.com/store/music...xidW0tQjVkNXlicmtueXZ0ZHJzc3B5emk3dHRkYWh5Il0.

shanp7780

Mar 29, 2011
Nashville

How's the ram holding compared to official xylonbuild? toro here I haven't used sine unofficial 20 2.1 last weekend just hoping that got cleaned up frustrating when rom gets slow really fast:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hmm .. I've been kinda off for a day and a lot has happened.
I was waiting for MBQ to update his unofficial cm10.1 and now he's got unofficial xylon linaro build. Can't wait for maguro build.
I thought I read on g+ community that there is an old maguro build as well. I don't see it here. Anything wrong?

shanp7780

Mar 29, 2011
Nashville

Bro he's got a thread here and maguro he is in high demand atm :rolleyes:

Reactions: MBQ_

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1

Just to make sure... Toro us for Verizon...
Toro plus for Sprint?

Thanks

Sent from my "Blazing" fast Nexus

sebby d

Feb 28, 2013
placentia, ca
MBQ great job on the update. Will be taking it for a full on test drive in about two hours when I start work. Use my phone heavily at work. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the great ROM.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Just to make sure... Toro us for Verizon...
Toro plus for Sprint?

Thanks

Sent from my "Blazing" fast Nexus

Correct

Last edited:

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2

It seems like xposed framework DOES work on this ROM. Make sure you are using the latest app update. 2.1.3 I think is the newest one in the thread. Now when you download any modules they will be in .zip format. YOU MUST RENAME IT TO .APK I REPEAT DO NOT FLASH THE .zip files. Simply use any file manager and rename it from .zip to .apk and save. Now you will get a notification as soon as it installs. Click that and it will open the xposed app just check the module you want and reboot. I changed my keyboard DPI earlier. When I get it all set up again I will post a few pictures. I accidentally soft bricked myself trying to see if I could get PApreferences working on this ROM. Stupid I know:rolleyes:

philsfan

Mar 10, 2010
It seems like xposed framework DOES work on this ROM. Make sure you are using the latest app update. 2.1.3 I think is the newest one in the thread. Now when you download any modules they will be in .zip format. YOU MUST RENAME IT TO .APK I REPEAT DO NOT FLASH THE .zip files. Simply use any file manager and rename it from .zip to .apk and save. Now you will get a notification as soon as it installs. Click that and it will open the xposed app just check the module you want and reboot. I changed my keyboard DPI earlier. When I get it all set up again I will post a few pictures. I accidentally soft bricked myself trying to see if I could get PApreferences working on this ROM. Stupid I know:rolleyes:

yea, it must be that i was installing 2.1.2 of xposed.apk (i'm familiar with how to install) i'll try the latest version and update, thanks!

edit: from the xposed.apk 2.1.3 changelog: 2.1.3: Reverted a change in 2.1.2 that caused bootloops; new translations and some more fixes

looks like we're good to go!

Last edited:

sebby d

Feb 28, 2013
placentia, ca
Test of ROM was a huge success after a full days work. Very impressed. Not one issue for me. No memory problems and not once did it lag or anything. Downloading newest update. Can't wait to see how this runs now. MBQ, sir, simply amazing.

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Re: [ROM] [Linaro] ✯ Unofficial Xylon ✯ ツ [3/01/13]

Test of ROM was a huge success after a full days work. Very impressed. Not one issue for me. No memory problems and not once did it lag or anything. Downloading newest update. Can't wait to see how this runs now. MBQ, sir, simply amazing.

Thank you so much!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

alekurkudi

Jan 17, 2013
Re: [ROM] [Linaro] ✯ Unofficial Xylon ✯ ツ [3/01/13]

This ROM is running amazing! Hands down favorite. Can't wait to install the update!

EDIT: So quick toggles are looking very strange on the new build and I got a few ui FC's. I think I'll redownload and try again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey toro guys... Been posting these up in the main GNex dev thread, but wanted to post here for those that don't make it over there.

UKG toro nightlies - https://copy.com/pZQFNthuLmcm

Source built, cross-compiled with Linaro/GCC toolchains, CFLAG/-O3 optimized.

As always, please make a back-up first as these are experimental builds.

Enjoy! :good:
    Reserved

Enjoy! :)
    Ill release a 0508 nightly for you guys very very soon, so stay tuned :)

Compiled with the GCC 4.9 toolchain alongside Linaro 13.04

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium