[Bounty]Funding an xperia T/TL bootloader unlock! about 400$ so far!

Search This thread

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
Forgive me if I am wrong, but Xperia T does have an unlocked bootloader. You can unlock it via Sony website.

You want to unlock it on a different way?

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

Reactions: cartmenicus

KieMarshall

Dec 20, 2012
You are not mistaken. Sony does allow the bootloader to be unlocked. BUT that is devices enough were bought SIM free, if you bought from a carrier on a contract or otherwise son has shipped the phones without unlockable bootloaders due to contractual obligations with the carrier,

Simply the hope is that someone can reverse engineer the differences between the locked and unlocked bootlloaders to allow us to flip between so we can unlock using Sony's tool.

Last edited:

kxf41

Mar 21, 2011
I will gladly donate £10 if someone can figure out a way i can unlock my bootloader when unlock status says :no

Its so frustrating i am stuck in a 24 month contract with o2 and i cannot try out custom roms like i used to with my old galaxy s

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I will gladly donate £10 if someone can figure out a way i can unlock my bootloader when unlock status says :no

Its so frustrating i am stuck in a 24 month contract with o2 and i cannot try out custom roms like i used to with my old galaxy s

You can flash stock based custom roms. There are plenty in the dev section

TiMiN8R

Oct 4, 2006
I'll chip in with € 10. My bootloader is unlockable, just haven't yet. But I want to back you guys with the non-unlockable bl for the sake of community spirit :D

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
What's the total?
We could probably buy a device and send it to someone to figure out a way, then send the remainder of the cash when proof is provided. You can get them cheap here.

I wonder if chainfire would be interested.:confused: He's a very talented dude!

Anyway Macsqueezy, i noticed you haven't pledged yet.;)

Yes I will be pledging 10$ :)
Also buying the device isn't a bad idea! Those phones are really cheap!!! Ill try and contact chainfire later
Sent from my LT30p

Last edited:
Reactions: z28tovette

lunarjetman1

Dec 25, 2010
Hello all,

I spoke to bin4ry about this when I had an unlockable phone, this was something he came up with -

"Aha, easy i understood how it works.

you dont have the ROOTING and the RCK_H value.
This is how rooting works.
You enter the IMEI number to Sony Website, now website calc's your unlockcode, this unlockcode is generated from IMEI and gets written to TA (there is a area where the unlockcode is written to when the phone is unlocked).
This area seems to get compared against the RCK_H (unsalted SHA-256 hash), if not matches -> no unlock
if matches -> unlocked

So you would need to generate this RCK_H and this seems quite hard.

i found this:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1196932

maybe you speak to ashergrey if he figured something out."

Not sure if it will help, seems very tricky.

Cheers,
Lunar.

Sent from my Xperia T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have contacted Dan Rosenberg for helping out with this...

best of luck guys!
    Hello everyone im starting this thread to see if people would be willing to donate for a bootloader unlock... if we can get enough donators then i think a willing dev would work on it for us ! so is their anybody in T forums who might be willing to donate some money for an unlock?

I myself would be willing to donate once i get some money...im curious about how many other people would to :D

Promised donations!
    $10.00 myself
    $30.00 @z28tovette
    £10.00 @matt4321
    £20.00 @KieMarshall
    £20.00 @vinss68
    £20.00 @dully79
    $20.00 @meda77cz
    £20.00 @bragaboom
    £20.00 @KieMarshall
    €10.00 @TiMiN8R
    £10.00 @kxf41
    £10.00 @waynekirby
    $20.00 @Michael Scott
    $20.00 @jewkhok
    $20.00 @beanoguy
    £10.00 @istux
    £20.00 @spflo
    €10.00 @trismegisto
    €10.00 @gkkovacs
    $20.00 @DowntownJeffBrown
    When complete
    £10.00 @LegibleEel
    Hello all,

I spoke to bin4ry about this when I had an unlockable phone, this was something he came up with -

"Aha, easy i understood how it works.

you dont have the ROOTING and the RCK_H value.
    This is how rooting works.
    You enter the IMEI number to Sony Website, now website calc's your unlockcode, this unlockcode is generated from IMEI and gets written to TA (there is a area where the unlockcode is written to when the phone is unlocked).
    This area seems to get compared against the RCK_H (unsalted SHA-256 hash), if not matches -> no unlock
    if matches -> unlocked

So you would need to generate this RCK_H and this seems quite hard.

i found this:
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1196932

maybe you speak to ashergrey if he figured something out."

Not sure if it will help, seems very tricky.

Cheers,
    Lunar.

Sent from my Xperia T using xda app-developers app
    Shouldn't we get back to the topic at hand and try to crack the bootloader open rather than discuss personal experiences with different Android versions and get a-flaming and a-raging? Just a suggestion....

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
    To peoppe who donated im not saying this is going to happen. But if worst comes to worst and we dont get a dev to do this for us then would all donators he okay with giving the money to doomlord? As he would work on a miniloader which is what motorola devices had to run cm10... I know this isnt an unlocked bl and idk if doom would even be willing but would you donators be okay with this if it came down to it? We would still be ablw to run aosp/aokp/pa/cm roms but we would still be on lb..... @DooMLoRDdm if you read this let me know if you would be willig!!!:) Thabks guys i hope it doesnt come down to this tho:/

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mate @Bin4ry, among others, was the one who got it (miniloader, spl boot) done for the X10...

For now it's one of my R&D projects which I work on when I don't have any other dev work to do... I am not saying that I can do it a 100% but I am going to try it in any case bounty or no bounty ;) if I succeeded (and that's a big IF) then we can discuss about stuff like bounty, etc...

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app