Finally complete MTK6589 source code is released!

Search This thread

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
hi,
just came across this thread.
would the source revealed be of any use for rom development for the Asus memo pad HD 7 (173x)?
it has a mtk6589 chipset.

thanks

I already made 2 beta kernels for our Memo pad hd7, you can check the latest updates on my ROM thread (check my SIG), was already tested by 5 members, it boots and the small additions I made are working.
The next step is to fix some small bugs, and as soon as I get my memo pad again (I smashed the LCD) I can finnaly test again the next build I made, and will release the kernel to public .

On topic:

Best 6589 sources are indeed the Sony's and Lenovo's ...

Regards

xclover89

Jan 21, 2014
oppo clover r819

Hi all im new here,can someone help to make kernel for oppo clover that can be overclock?

shiraz79

Jan 21, 2014
Only if you have the sources for your specific phone

Desde la estratosfera

I'm also interested in building a AOSP ROM for MT 6589

My understanding is that if you have the kernel source and using the module .so file from stock ROM of your device you should be able to build any AOSP ROM that is compatible with your device.

Is this not the case? If not why not? and can anyone please point me in the direction where I can find information on how to do this?

-shiraz

pelelademadera

Account currently disabled
Aug 20, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I'm also interested in building a AOSP ROM for MT 6589

My understanding is that if you have the kernel source and using the module .so file from stock ROM of your device you should be able to build any AOSP ROM that is compatible with your device.

Is this not the case? If not why not? and can anyone please point me in the direction where I can find information on how to do this?

-shiraz

You can try, but only with the same version of the kernel, and all deoendencies for your module.so compiled.... I dont think that is an easy job.

What phone do you have? Its easier to port some rom with the stock kernel.... Some aosp rom, with the same screen resolution so you have less work to do

desde la estratosfera

JeremyCy

Mar 2, 2014
CyanogenMod for Cynus T5

exists cyanogenmod for Mobistel Cynus T5?? I love Cyanogenmod! :D

Last edited:

amortar

Sep 8, 2010
CM for rx430?

what about super-rugged Aligator eXtremo rx430 with MTK6589 and 4.3"WVGA(960x540)? would love to have CM or AOSP for it, have some computing power and time on hands...

minealex2244

Jan 29, 2015
Baia Mare
GSmart Aku A1 running with CM in future :)...

Hi can someone port CM12 for GSmart Aku A1? This phone is really amazing, a very good hardware and a sexy look ;) . I want to learn from Cyanogenmod Wiki how to port CM to my device but I don't have any experience in developing a ROM.
Is dangerous to test (install) a ROM which you ported for your device and this is first test?
I need some help ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is :D

http://developer.sonymobile.com/dow...es/open-source-archive-for-build-16-0-a-0-36/

They are for Xperia C, the MTK6589 based phone!
    I tested them, they are complete!
    Archive is heavily compressed, when i uncompressed it, it was 2.2gb big!
    Let the development start!!!!!!!!
    Sourse for Fly IQ446 Magic

Sourse for Fly IQ446 Magic (MT6589) - kernel, full
    hi,
    just came across this thread.
    would the source revealed be of any use for rom development for the Asus memo pad HD 7 (173x)?
    it has a mtk6589 chipset.

thanks

I already made 2 beta kernels for our Memo pad hd7, you can check the latest updates on my ROM thread (check my SIG), was already tested by 5 members, it boots and the small additions I made are working.
    The next step is to fix some small bugs, and as soon as I get my memo pad again (I smashed the LCD) I can finnaly test again the next build I made, and will release the kernel to public .

On topic:

Best 6589 sources are indeed the Sony's and Lenovo's ...

Regards
    thanks~this really help me a lot!!!

if anyone has a working build, please share instructions on how to do that.
    Would be great if custom roms and CyanogenMod will be available for this great platform!
    Hi everyone,

since the source for the MTK6589 has been released can anyone make a custom CM10.1 rom for the Star S5? It has the same hardware as many smartphones from china (namely MIZ Z2, "x920" phones - there are many vendors, others that right now don't come into my mind).

Thank you very much. :)

why not start yourself?
    It's not that hard.
    The dual sim part maybe challenging.
    You just need Ubuntu 64 bit and follow this tutorial:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

You may best start without building the kernel, because some things are missing as far as I can tell.
    Start with recovery, which is pretty easy.
    One thing to mind: the boot.img structure of mtk devices is different than the default ones.
    Just read, fiddle and learn :).