• Performance

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Looks

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ndrija

May 13, 2013
Dear XDA developers, modders and users i am curious to know do you like more performance and stability of android 2.3 and older or looks and apps of android 4.0 and newer.
I prefer GB roms because for everyday use ICS/GB roms destroy my already weak battery, are slow and unstable imo , also when i download a rom i remove stuff i dont need and add stuff i do.
I edit roms but never publish them as my original work

bilal1947

Jan 30, 2013
Karachi
Check how fast is it these two roms with 50+ user apps. Htc wildfire still good to go.

Check out my htc vdo shots below:

miniCM7 rom

CM7 Nightly Rom

I also froze a few system apps, what do u add and remove, can you plz make a vdo sneak peak.

My vote is for Performance.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: rezadentevil

ndrija

May 13, 2013
Check how fast is it these two roms with 50+ user apps. Htc wildfire still good to go.

I also froze a few system apps, what do u add and remove, can you plz make a vdo sneak peak.

Thanks

Well i havent got time for making videos now ,but if you are interested in my roms then i do the following:
* depending on the rom size and features
- gallery
- fm radio
- latinIME
- tts and picotts
- some fonts
- alarms, notifications and ringtones
- gapps if available
- cwm ( i used revolutionary so cwm is not necessary
- cmwallpapers
- bootanimation.zip
+ file manager
+ quickpic
+ keyboard ( using hackers keyboard in this moment )
+ beats sometimes
+ custom ringtones and notifications
+ sometimes i edit the framework-res

conclusion - nothing complicated but by removing apps, fonts , boot animation i shave off +- 20mb of rom size and speed up boot to around 35-40 seconds

and in my barebones rom (cm7 based) i have removed all apps that are safe to remove except :
-music
-camera
-mms
-[App that ive possibly forgot to mention]

and in total my barebones rom has 50mb which i use when i fck up something ( my ubuntu didnt recognize android 4.0 as a usb drive so i couldnt change the rom ; when stuck in bootloop ) because it installs faster and its a good alternative as a rom to give to my younger sister

Because its faster i also change the default wallpaper in roms that i download
Curently i use TouchWiz with sympfinity kernel V4.5 its fast and battery efficient ( and FABULOUS )

Reactions: bilal1947

ndrija

May 13, 2013
P.S. yes wildfire is still good to go but development in xda is ceasing and it has no gpu. Technology is becoming better every day so i will update in the near future but wildfire is a legend and should not be forgotten

Last edited:
Reactions: bilal1947

iSharp

Aug 21, 2013
Well we still got some people doing good work, have you tried the AOKP light continued by wasimk32 ? I run it smooth and fine with smartass and preety much 5 hungry apps installed other than gapps; I'm only using it for about 5 days now but i did not feel the need to run supercharger, wich is more than i can say for latest gingerbread stock cm considering aokp is ics based.

Also if you want looks+even better performance you can give JellyBread a try made by wasimk32 aswell, i installed it and when i saw my willy fly troughout the apps and menus like a galaxy S2 i almost teared up a bit xD.

Bottom line: I think we can get probably another decent year where we can say willy kept up before we start using it for only its phone-text functions :p.

Last edited:

ndrija

May 13, 2013
Well we still got some people doing good work, have you tried the AOKP light continued by wasimk32 ? I run it smooth and fine with smartass and preety much 5 hungry apps installed other than gapps; I'm only using it for about 5 days now but i did not feel the need to run supercharger, wich is more than i can say for latest gingerbread stock cm considering aokp is ics based.

Also if you want looks+even better performance you can give JellyBread a try made by wasimk32 aswell, i installed it and when i saw my willy fly troughout the apps and menus like a galaxy S2 i almost teared up a bit xD.

Bottom line: I think we can get probably another decent year where we can say willy kept up before we start using it for only its phone-text functions :p.

ok will try it out, thanks

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
When I still had my wildfire it was always performance for me. Cm7 was a godsend over that bloody stock Rom. But when it all came down to it as long as I had a fully working flashplayer I was happy :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ndrija

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check out my htc vdo shots below:

miniCM7 rom

CM7 Nightly Rom

Thanks

Thanks

Well i havent got time for making videos now ,but if you are interested in my roms then i do the following:
    * depending on the rom size and features
    - gallery
    - fm radio
    - latinIME
    - tts and picotts
    - some fonts
    - alarms, notifications and ringtones
    - gapps if available
    - cwm ( i used revolutionary so cwm is not necessary
    - cmwallpapers
    - bootanimation.zip
    + file manager
    + quickpic
    + keyboard ( using hackers keyboard in this moment )
    + beats sometimes
    + custom ringtones and notifications
    + sometimes i edit the framework-res

conclusion - nothing complicated but by removing apps, fonts , boot animation i shave off +- 20mb of rom size and speed up boot to around 35-40 seconds

and in my barebones rom (cm7 based) i have removed all apps that are safe to remove except :
    -music
    -camera
    -mms
    -[App that ive possibly forgot to mention]

and in total my barebones rom has 50mb which i use when i fck up something ( my ubuntu didnt recognize android 4.0 as a usb drive so i couldnt change the rom ; when stuck in bootloop ) because it installs faster and its a good alternative as a rom to give to my younger sister

Because its faster i also change the default wallpaper in roms that i download
    Curently i use TouchWiz with sympfinity kernel V4.5 its fast and battery efficient ( and FABULOUS )
    P.S. yes wildfire is still good to go but development in xda is ceasing and it has no gpu. Technology is becoming better every day so i will update in the near future but wildfire is a legend and should not be forgotten
    When I still had my wildfire it was always performance for me. Cm7 was a godsend over that bloody stock Rom. But when it all came down to it as long as I had a fully working flashplayer I was happy :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2