[Q] Battery Bleed

Search This thread

DarthVZ

Dec 5, 2013
Moscow
Hi.
My battery loses abot 2-3% per hour in idle. Is it some software or hardware problem? Or Tegra 4 specific issue? (No Wi-Fi, apps closed etc)

Yezariael

Jun 24, 2012
Winterthur, Schweiz
It's not an Android or a Google problem, it's the fault of the developer of the App which is causing this...

Since 4.3 I lose 0 % over night and I can use the table 1 hour every day for reading magazines, e-mail and angry birds for at least 5 days! Just great :)

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's not an Android or a Google problem, it's the fault of the developer of the App which is causing this...

Since 4.3 I lose 0 % over night and I can use the table 1 hour every day for reading magazines, e-mail and angry birds for at least 5 days! Just great :)

Google / Android should not let an app prevent deep sleep imo. Or runaway with resources. But yes you are right some responsibility has to be with the app developer for sloppy programming as well.

DarthVZ

Dec 5, 2013
Moscow
Cold boot didn't help and no draining app seems to be running(. Is a hardware issue possible? Is there a way to check it?
Here's a screeshot from System Panel (results of this night's battery bleed)
P.S. The back of the device seems a bit warm when I touch it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-06-08-33-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-06-08-33-50.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

SHadowral

Apr 23, 2012
Cold boot didn't help and no draining app seems to be running(. Is a hardware issue possible? Is there a way to check it?
Here's a screeshot from System Panel (results of this night's battery bleed)
P.S. The back of the device seems a bit warm when I touch it...

You can wathc under "settings" -> "energy management" -> "energy table" which app it is and you can prevent it to wake the device up and to keep the device alive.

A few weeks ago I had a similar but stronger akku draining problem with the google apps but its gone (a pitty that I can´t say what it was: me doing this things in the energy management or google updating its app).

My google play-services still wake the device 869 times in 3 days.

Last edited:

DarthVZ

Dec 5, 2013
Moscow
New results. Very strange. No power consuming app seems to be running, but I still got -3%/hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-07-11-06-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-07-11-06-00.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2013-12-07-11-02-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-07-11-02-28.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

DarthVZ

Dec 5, 2013
Moscow
Battery statistics shows that 80% most power is consumed by the screen. But it the tablet was in sleep all the time, so the screen was off...

Yezariael

Jun 24, 2012
Winterthur, Schweiz
Battery statistics shows that 80% most power is consumed by the screen. But it the tablet was in sleep all the time, so the screen was off...

Check in Settings on "Energieverbrauchstabelle" (something like "engery consumption table") from Asus, there you can see the power consumption of the apps without Display. If you click on a specific app you can disable it to keep awake or wake tablet from deep sleep...

If that not helps you you should reset everything and go back to stock. Then you can check without installed additional apps if your "bleeding" still is there. Then install one app after another and wait between every single one to check which is the "bad app"...

Last edited:

DarthVZ

Dec 5, 2013
Moscow
So, in fact it was a hardware issue. I took another unit and it works perfectly. For now...
Anyway, thanks for your help, guys :)

steadly2004

Sep 6, 2011
With my N4 and now N5, I use better battery stats to find the culprit of battery drain. But you have to be rooted

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

malos1984

Aug 19, 2011
have you registered a asus account on the tablet?

i did and i got same issue was chewing through the battery like crazy.

go to settings and power consumption and it should say how many times it woke up the tablet or stopped it from sleeping