[Q] What phone did i buy?

Search This thread

adamir

Mar 26, 2008
Hello guys,
A few weeks ago i bought a samsung s4 clone 1:1 copy.Last days ive been reading allot on the forums but as a noob i cant see the trees through the wood ...im stuck... i did manage to root my divice but only after trying 10 -20 times.I used mtk droid tools.
My question is if anyone can tell me if there are other roms for this Phone and what Phone did i buy.
I hope someone can help me out. thanks .

Attachments

• 20140113_134158.jpg
    20140113_134158.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 2,519
  • 20140113_134301.jpg
    20140113_134301.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 2,264
  • 20140113_134356.jpg
    20140113_134356.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 2,217
  • 20140113_134524.jpg
    20140113_134524.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 2,315

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
Most people figure out which phone they are buying *before* handing over any money. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

cc_rock

Dec 4, 2013
London
Maybe a photo of the phone's rear side (without cover and battery) could help.. usually there is some sort of model code printed somewhere that you can google for.. hope this helps.

adamir

Mar 26, 2008
Thanks guys.
Sublimize,dont get me wrong but i have an original Samsung S3 and S4 and both are still under warranty.I just wanted a cheap android Phone to play with :) I looked on the internet for a Phone and found this one as the best S4 1:1. I do have to admitt that i didnt know anything about the specs of this Phone except what the shop wrote about them. http://www.cheaptech.nl/samsung-galaxy-s4-kloon-clone-android-1-op-1. its a dutch site. I just opened the Phone to look for anything to reveal about this Phone and i took some pictures about the inside.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Not sure if it'll help, but seeing you're rooted, you can use your file explorer and go into the folder "proc" and copy your "config" file to your PC (or you can open it in the file explorer.

This is the config file they used when compiling your kernel. Now, if you look,you may get a clue to what hardware they compiled it for. Maybe.

Seeing it's a MediaTek cpu, you probably could have use the "framaroot.apk" method for root.

adamir

Mar 26, 2008
Not sure if it'll help, but seeing you're rooted, you can use your file explorer and go into the folder "proc" and copy your "config" file to your PC (or you can open it in the file explorer.

This is the config file they used when compiling your kernel. Now, if you look,you may get a clue to what hardware they compiled it for. Maybe.

Seeing it's a MediaTek cpu, you probably could have use the "framaroot.apk" method for root.

Thanks for the replay. I did what you wrote but couldnt find in the proc folder any config file. So i just started opening and reading anything what could have some info,such as driver system cpuinfo and other folders. I found allot about Media Tec hardware parts inside the Phone and "CHMOD" to me that must be China mod if im not mistaken. I will continue reading and hope il find more info on t he Phone.The Phone works good but that isnt the reason why i bought it for:) Lets hope il find what i need or maybe someone else finds anything about it.

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Thanks for the replay. I did what you wrote but couldnt find in the proc folder any config file. So i just started opening and reading anything what could have some info,such as driver system cpuinfo and other folders. I found allot about Media Tec hardware parts inside the Phone and "CHMOD" to me that must be China mod if im not mistaken. I will continue reading and hope il find more info on t he Phone.The Phone works good but that isnt the reason why i bought it for:) Lets hope il find what i need or maybe someone else finds anything about it.

Actually, CHMOD stands for "Change Mode". It is a shell command used most often to change file permissions.

As an example of how we would use this command/tool in a terminal:

Code:
chmod +x your_file.ext

Good attempt with "China Mod" though. I like that :D

adamir

Mar 26, 2008
Actually, CHMOD stands for "Change Mode". It is a shell command used most often to change file permissions.

As an example of how we would use this command/tool in a terminal:

Code:
chmod +x your_file.ext

Good attempt with "China Mod" though. I like that :D

Well if you try to find anything usefull about Phone details and you stumble uppon allot files written in Chinese (as a noob that is :) your mind plays trikcs on you and you would love to learn chinese so you can read these files hoping to find details about the Phone that are hidden in this language :) Well,il keep trying in any way i can...and il post it here to help others and myself :)