Think your Note 3's wifi is fast?

Search This thread

Hypercore

Apr 16, 2009
Vancouver
When connected to a 5GHz frequency with power saving mode for WiFi off on a 50Mbps connection I get 69-75Mbps. The wifi is great until you flash the wrong fix and constantly getting a "slow connection" error.

Dansertrk

May 13, 2013
Here at work we have to move a lot of medical data between facilities (Dataset per patient per night is around 100gb x 3 patients per facility x 3 facilities.), so we have gigabit fibre at the POP and 10Gbase-T fibre to each terminal. Wired, it's great watching speed tests flip out. Wireless, the fastest test I've seen is 250mbps. So far the only service that actually spews data to me as fast as I can suck it up is STEAM. Everything else peters out at around 10MBPS.

HothTron

Mar 13, 2014
Disconnect from your schools wifi and see how fast it goes.

EDIT: Also, what's the point of hiding your IP address and not your latitude and longitude?

Because who cares where i'm physically located, I don't need my universities firewalls tested by giving an IP on the internet.

I'm also not able to get dual band on my Note 3 to work with my Asus AC66U, no matter what i've tried.

Hypercore

Apr 16, 2009
Vancouver
It is already on, You just select an access point that is using it, there is no switch. If you don't see one there is no compatible 5Ghz AP available close enough to you.

This may seem a bit misleading. Your router has to have the 5GHz frequency built into the hardware or else it (obviously) will not be able to. Most routers today support it though. Just check out the specs online, you want to confirm your router is a Dual Band model.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
This may seem a bit misleading. Your router has to have the 5GHz frequency built into the hardware or else it (obviously) will not be able to. Most routers today support it though. Just check out the specs online, you want to confirm your router is a Dual Band model.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks guys. I use the standard xfinity router that came with the service. I will check when in home how I can possibly change it to 5GHZ

It is already on, You just select an access point that is using it, there is no switch. If you don't see one there is no compatible 5Ghz AP available close enough to you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Also, what's the point of hiding your IP address and not your latitude and longitude?

That Lat & Lon is only accurate enough to get you within a general area around (as in encompassing) the city they live. You'd have to get much more accurate data to actually find even the building they live.

In surveying we generally use eight digits (to the hundredth of a second) for most non critical jobs. For realty, or other projects that have to be extremely accurate, we use nine or even ten digits.

Just fyi from your friendly neighborhood land surveying professional.

Reactions: Lorettaa

Lorettaa

Feb 5, 2014
iloilo
That Lat & Lon is only accurate enough to get you within a general area around (as in encompassing) the city they live. You'd have to get much more accurate data to actually find even the building they live.

In surveying we generally use eight digits (to the hundredth of a second) for most non critical jobs. For realty, or other projects that have to be extremely accurate, we use nine or even ten digits.

Great job! Very well explained!

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
Best speed

Beat this

QmX6MWt.jpg

My speed is very low The result show that my Down speed is 4mbps and Up speed is 1.5mbps.I am very shocked after viewing your speed.:silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.