Honeycomb on Archos gen8 [development thread] [early stage]

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By luisivan, Junior Member on 13th February 2011, 02:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2011, 06:34 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
... maybe a good news ... Asus has published his Honeycomb sourcecode used for the EEEpad Transformer...???
Link: support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Eee+Pad+Transformer+T F101&p=20&s=16

My appologies, I cannot post a direct link (not enough posts on this forum)

97 Mbytes of code ... could be worth having a look... no?

... Only my 2 €uroCents, Henry2.0

11th April 2011, 06:47 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyzby

... maybe a good news ... Asus has published his Honeycomb sourcecode used for the EEEpad Transformer...???

Nope it's not the honeycomb source it's the kernel source.
11th April 2011, 07:00 PM |#83  
Flag Lippstadt
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyzby

Link: support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Eee+Pad+Transformer+T F101&p=20&s=16

My appologies, I cannot post a direct link (not enough posts on this forum)

97 Mbytes of code ... could be worth having a look... no?

... Only my 2 €uroCents, Henry2.0

The Kernel source is just for this device, not for our tabs
12th June 2011, 02:28 AM |#84  
Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
will there ever be a working beta port that has no issues for this?
12th June 2011, 08:35 AM |#85  
Flag Lippstadt
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrileyyjacobb

will there ever be a working beta port that has no issues for this?

Until there are no AOSP Sources we cant build a working Honeycomb port, we need the sources
These will be released in Q4 when Ice Cream (Sandwich) is released
12th June 2011, 09:18 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

Nope it's not the honeycomb source it's the kernel source.

It's Honeycomb GPL kernel source code... ^^

12th June 2011, 09:25 PM |#87  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobase40

It's Honeycomb GPL kernel source code... ^^

The kernel source mentioned here is not related to the android OS layer it could be used to run Donut, Froyo or any other linux based system even ubuntu.. And this kernel is specific for the EEEpad Transformer so not usable on the archos devices.
12th June 2011, 09:57 PM |#88  

More
Quote:

The kernel source mentioned here is not related to the android OS layer it could be used to run Donut, Froyo or any other linux based system even ubuntu.. And this kernel is specific for the EEEpad Transformer so not usable on the archos devices.

Want to take a bet ? ^^

Use a stock linux kernel with same version and compare it with the one from Asus, and you'll find some changes (I'm obviously not talking about specific drivers from Asus devices), specially in the arch folder.

Then You could take out the Archos specific drivers from Archos source code and meld them with Asus source code, change the config file in the arch folder and you'll get a functional kernel. For a non android system, you may not even have to modify the config file (in the arch folder) except creating a new one with a make menuconfig... ^^

For the rest, you're right, without HC source code it's useless but it could be used with Gingerbread or CM7...
12th June 2011, 10:09 PM |#89  

More
Quote:

Want to take a bet ? ^^

Yes because you just made the point for me. And by the way the kernel used in the froyo archos firmwares is not the froyo kernel that is release by google. SO the kernel is not related to the android versions.

Quote:

Use a stock linux kernel with same version and compare it with the one from Asus, and you'll find some changes (I'm obviously not talking about specific drivers from Asus devices), specially in the arch folder.

Then You could take out the Archos specific drivers from Archos source code and meld them with Asus source code, change the config file in the arch folder and you'll get a functional kernel. For a non android system, you may not even have to modify the config file (in the arch folder) except creating a new one with a make menuconfig... ^^

12th June 2011, 10:48 PM |#90  

More
Quote:

Yes because you just made the point for me. And by the way the kernel used in the froyo archos firmwares is not the froyo kernel that is release by google. SO the kernel is not related to the android versions.

Yes and no : use a stock linux kernel and push it into an Android froyo (from whatever brand) source code and try to build a functional firmware with... ^^
12th June 2011, 11:05 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:

Yes and no : use a stock linux kernel and push it into an Android froyo (from whatever brand) source code and try to build a functional firmware with... ^^

That's semantics. A kernel is a kernel, it just depends what you compile it for, and with. Any jerk with Ubuntu should know that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
archos, honeycomb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)