FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 624

By oleg_k, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 04:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd April 2011, 06:56 PM |#541  
Flag Behind you
Thanks Meter: 232

More
I think what he thinks is . if they can port android they probaly could also jailbreak the device.
22nd April 2011, 07:02 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mm13b

Huh! Wrong thread.....

What exactly has this thread to do with jailbreak...you obviously have not read the thread from the start...

No, I have read all the pages in this thread , but as ShadowAS1 said , if they could port android to wave , they might as well jailbreak the device if they wish ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAS1

I think what he thinks is . if they can port android they probaly could also jailbreak the device.

Exactly !!
22nd April 2011, 07:16 PM |#543  
Flag Straffan
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solid222

No, I have read all the pages in this thread , but as ShadowAS1 said , if they could port android to wave , they might as well jailbreak the device if they wish ^^

Exactly !!

Ok well i think they have there hands full with the port maybe ask somewhere else.
22nd April 2011, 07:17 PM |#544  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Wink
You guys thinks as soon you get problem solved with keyboard and modem, etc, and Froyo running up in device, would be easy enough to jump for gingerbread? Why not using CyanogenMod 7 for eg.?

I mean I know is kind impossible for now estimate the completion time of project, if it will ever finnish (from a point of view ), but there are many changes to be done in a release change?

Just curious not pressing anything.

Thanks very much for the enffort
22nd April 2011, 07:46 PM |#545  
Flag Straffan

More
It could be another week it could be another month, no one knows, a problem might be met along the way like for example the modem driver,

It would be just as easy to use CM7 but for the moment they are just using a test build based on stock galaxy S just to get the port up and running, the next port of call for ROM chiefs here will be to cook up a CM based rom that uses the kernel changes made by Oleg_K, hope that clears things up a little
22nd April 2011, 07:53 PM |#546  

More
I see.. hope Oleg get it

I'm Oleg fan from the HTC time, just to be shure the boot from sd thread has stopped till the other problems get solved right? I think there are alot of guys out there willing to test in on dual boot mode or in a more safe way, but I don't mind to even burn my phone if need.

Regards to all,
22nd April 2011, 10:04 PM |#547  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,468

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgitek

I see.. hope Oleg get it

I'm Oleg fan from the HTC time, just to be shure the boot from sd thread has stopped till the other problems get solved right? I think there are alot of guys out there willing to test in on dual boot mode or in a more safe way, but I don't mind to even burn my phone if need.

Regards to all,

Mijoma, b.kubica and I'm working on the booting things, which includes dual boot from SD, thus there is big probability we succeed, nothing can be promised for sure.
And dual boot seems to be the most safe way to test it and get it working, entrypoint to this has been made by mijoma already, with patched FOTA module we can boot normally, or by holding call key redirect into our bootloader, which doesn't yet exist.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebellos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2011, 10:21 PM |#548  
Flag Straffan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellos

Mijoma, b.kubica and I'm working on the booting things, which includes dual boot from SD, thus there is big probability we succeed, nothing can be promised for sure.
And dual boot seems to be the most safe way to test it and get it working, entrypoint to this has been made by mijoma already, with patched FOTA module we can boot normally, or by holding call key redirect into our bootloader, which doesn't yet exist.

Writing a bootloader historically takes quite a long time, while we wait i would be pretty happy to just trow the modified I9000 bootloader on my device and write the firmware to NAND. Bada doesn't really work for me (i cant connect to data on anything but 3g which is rare and far between round these parts) So both options should be made available.
22nd April 2011, 10:43 PM |#549  

More
Well, I'm really ready to test it, problem is I don't have jtag to do it. Is there any cheap way of doing it? I have a full covarage of 3,5g here so...
22nd April 2011, 10:43 PM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellos

3 x POLAND - that makes me proud of our country

BTW. I'm from Poznan

And i have to express my admire to oleg_k - the knowledge of you people is basicly creating the bada section of xda - in my opinion of course.
I wish to see here much, much more talented people from xda...
But maybe when android will start to working in public relase that will happen...

Best regards for all.
22nd April 2011, 11:29 PM |#551  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Yes, this guys are making a really good job. Portugal is with you guys! Yes, im from portugal, just havent figured out how to put the flag :b

Anyway. Is there the possibility to make a kernel and bootloader compatible with ANY rom for I9000? Like, although we have Android from the original gt-i9000, it would be nice to just trough at it a CM7 made for th galaxy, into our Wave and it runs it.

Is that possible?

I clarify:

Simple Android ---being ported--->Wave
CM7 --- Never ported---
CM7 ---is possible to put it without modifications on the ROM?--->Wave
So we can put any ROM made for i9000 on Wave without mod it, just by using our kernel/bootloader mods.

I dont know if I have been explicit... But anyway, is it do-able? It does not need to be in near future, just figuring out if is possible or not.

Kind Kind Kind regards guys, really apreciated!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wave s8500 android
Previous Thread Next Thread