[ROM][CDMA]Ninja4hire Black vs Blue i920 ROM(DG21 - 21914) v9.5- (Sept/20/2010)

Search This thread

ninja4hire

Oct 23, 2007
bvb_21914-95.png

NEW Titanium Panel Colors (All semi transparent )
panel3.png
panel1.png

panel2.png
panel4.png

panel5.png

Click here for cab download folder < 4shared >

Special Notes

Please update your phone with the latest Samsung DG21 update before flashing this rom.
After you flash and XDA_UC has installed fully, I would probably soft reset the phone for good measure. This will make sure all installed programs are fully installed.

To use XDA_UC
Before you flash my rom, make a folder on your "Storage Card" called XDA_UC. Make a folder in that folder called SD. Whatever you want installed to main memory will go in XDA_UC folder.
If you want to choose the install location, use the SD folder. Should be working 100%, but let me know if you have any issues.

Please let me know if you have any issues or if you want something in/out of the rom

version 9.5
After a soft rest
Storage: 232mb - ish
Program: Around 89mb

Whats New?
UPDATE v9.5
Nothing really
Now has DG21 update so that's cool.

UPDATE v9.0
Build now 21914
Made NinjaBlue the default theme
change the colors a bit on the titanium & menu bars

UPDATE v8.7
Build now 21908
Change the name of rom (reason enough to download!)
Added DB_TPlayer
Updated Touch Player with i8000 version
Updated SDK to v2.2
Added AMD's SecDialer favorites fix

UPDATE v8.5
Build now 21907 - Thanks AMD
Finally set the middle triangle button to do something: Press(startmenu) / Hold(slide2shutdown)

UPDATE v8.2
Build is 21905
Added Office 2010
Updated Swype to v3.9 with vibration
Changed a few start menu icons.
Removed "Search Phone" and replaced it with "Samsung Smart Search". (was always on the phone, but never made it to the start menu)
Removed annoying fully charged notification popup

Previous updates not listed can be found in the "update sheet" attached at the bottom.

Removed (what I can remember)
All Verizon bloatware
Samsung MainMenu, Cube, Task Switcher, File Manager, Touchwiz homescreens
Solitaire and Bubble game
Opera
Bing, Live Search
Facebook
Removed all SPlugins files so now it uses Titanium_480x800.cpr
Various small things that don't affect use.
Samsung Ringtones

Added
PHM RegEdit
OpenGLESv1
Slide2Shutdown
Advanced Config 3.3
WakeUPOnSMS
XDA_UC
Orientation Detection v1
SDK 2.0
Sparta Startap

Changed
Updated "Microsoft Myphone" to latest version
Updated .Net to CF3.5
Changed Page Pool size to 24mb
Made Windows settings visible in start menu.

Download
Ninja4hire_DG21_21914_v9.5

Hot Fixes and Useful Stuff
Samsung SDK Redist 2.0 - Already included in latest build
Samsung Default Ringtones

---------------

Like it? A simple "Thanks" will do, but feel free to buy me a shuriken if you must.

Last edited:

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
Looks good. I may give it a try. I like the black with the blue. Using Radiomans ROM right now.

Edit: This is now my favorite ROM!

Last edited:

07aspenx

Nov 7, 2008
Just downloaded your rom and so far so good. I did notice that I still see all of the VZW apps as well as the original apps such as City ID.

Last edited:

Kebero

Sep 22, 2008
What, Do you really? hmmm Ok thanks, I will check it out. I swore I got rid of all of that crap.

Sort your OEMApps folder by file type, then check all the .lnk (shortcut file) files. You may have removed the .exe and .dll files, but if you left the .lnk files, they'll show up in the start menu.

ninja4hire

Oct 23, 2007
Sort your OEMApps folder by file type, then check all the .lnk (shortcut file) files. You may have removed the .exe and .dll files, but if you left the .lnk files, they'll show up in the start menu.

Yeah I totally see that now. I missed tons of stuff in the "initflashfile.dat" (folder that are created and various random files). I'm removing them now.

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
3 to 4 Ring delay before answering phone

I am trying your ROM. I like a lot about it. I like the Samsung dialer and Swype.

I was using Radioman's ROM and discovered I was getting a huge delay in answering the phone. But, unfortunately, this ROM is doing the same thing for me.

Is anyone else seeing calls which the phone won't touch until after the 3rd or almost the 4th ring?

Edit:

This was a Verizon network issue which they fixed after many calls.

Last edited:

zepir

Dec 17, 2009
Hi dude,
Can you made HTC HD2 Sense rom?

Last edited:

ninja4hire

Oct 23, 2007
I am trying your ROM. I like a lot about it. I like the Samsung dialer and Swype.

I was using Radioman's ROM and discovered I was getting a huge delay in answering the phone. But, unfortunately, this ROM is doing the same thing for me.

Is anyone else seeing calls which the phone won't touch until after the 3rd or almost the 4th ring?

Sorry, I can't say that I have noticed that problem. So are you saying that you can't answer the phone until the 3rd or 4th ring? That is strange....

ninja4hire

Oct 23, 2007
Cleaned up some more crap in the rom, and added XDA_UC. I also added a new version with Ibrythill WM 7 Titanium Project cooked in. Some of the panel links do not work, so I will be fixing that next. Then I am gonna work on a 6.5.x rom.

07aspenx

Nov 7, 2008

After installing V2, I read your delay problem. I tested my phone by using a landline and my wife's mobile phone to call my phone with no issue.

Last edited:

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
Sorry, I can't say that I have noticed that problem. So are you saying that you can't answer the phone until the 3rd or 4th ring? That is strange....
Just to clarify, my issue (seems to be on all ROMs) is that my phone doesn't ring until the 3rd or 4th ring for the caller. So they hang up sometimes before I know they are calling.

If no one else is seeing this, I may have a bad phone. Which means I should be able to get a new one.

ninja4hire

Oct 23, 2007
Just to clarify, my issue (seems to be on all ROMs) is that my phone doesn't ring until the 3rd or 4th ring for the caller. So they hang up sometimes before I know they are calling.

If no one else is seeing this, I may have a bad phone. Which means I should be able to get a new one.

Ah Ok. Yeah I haven't noticed, or at least no one has said anything to me about this problem. I know on the omnia i910 there was a setting you could adjust to make the phone ping the towers more. This would make calls pick up faster. I haven't seen anything like that for the omnia 2 yet. Sorry

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation

My first omnia 2 was doing the same thing. My wife would call and hang up before I can answer it. She would have to call me 2-3 times in a row before I actually answered the phone. I think this is part of the bug Quallcomm is having with the radio software. The official samsung update is supposed to fix this problem, but some have been having problems flashing the update like myself. Unfortunatley the official samsung update bricked my first omnia 2,
and now the update to patch the radio has been temporarily pulled from the website. I would take it to Verizon, they do not have an official rom update but maybe they will swap your phone.

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
My first omnia 2 was doing the same thing. My wife would call and hang up before I can answer it. She would have to call me 2-3 times in a row before I actually answered the phone. I think this is part of the bug Quallcomm is having with the radio software. The official samsung update is supposed to fix this problem, but some have been having problems flashing the update like myself. Unfortunatley the official samsung update bricked my first omnia 2,
and now the update to patch the radio has been temporarily pulled from the website. I would take it to Verizon, they do not have an official rom update but maybe they will swap your phone.

I got a new phone... same issue!! Actually just a bit longer to answer the phone. I called Verizon, and they worked on it through the system somehow, and now I am down to 1-2 rings. I asked for info about what they fixed, if I get it I will post back.
Edit: Wow! Now 4-5 rings. Verizon is still working on it.

Last edited:

ninja4hire

Oct 23, 2007
I fixed an issue with this new update. It was brought to my attention that Titanium was not updatable from Homescreen Customizer and Showaco CHome Editor. I wrote a quick mortscript that fixes the issue on first boot. I also added some color to the start bar, but just really seeing what I can do. If you don't like it, let me know.

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
Testing ROMS today on my old O2. Still seem to like yours the best for me. Although I really like the really dark gray scroll bars in Yardis ROMS, the Taskbar in AMDZeros, and actually prefer not to use Titanium ever. Gonna try V3 now.