[ROM][I317/I317M][4.4.2] Infamous Open Android Project - GN2 :: 03/23/2014

Search This thread

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
You know, standard disclaimer: YOU USE THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you don't want to take the chance of screwing your phone up or don't know what you're doing, just stop now. I hold no liability or responsibility. This is not a commercial operation and is the first ROM I've posted in several weeks because my job is a dog and drains my time and energy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

IOAP.png

Welcome to the Infamous Open Android Project

Hi guys:

IOAP is now live for the Note 2 I317/I317M, starting with v3.59. IOKP 4.3 has taken a back seat for the time being as we work to bring you this awesome KitKat option for your Note 2's. I run this as a daily driver and am quite happy with it.

IOAP brings you the smooth performance you expect from a AOSP/CM base but provides several tweaks like AOKP.

- Active Display
- BlackUI
- Halo
- Multi Window
- Gesture Anywhere
- Appbar
- Lots of custom animation control
- Custom progressbar
- Init.d and Build.prop mod option in Settings - choose your poison
- GPS Optimizer - select the right locale for your location
- OmniSwitch on board
- Toggle on Recents with Slim
- All kinds of other awesome

RECENT REVIEWS

Check it out - thanks to Sam at MobileTechVideos.com for this great review!

IOAP Note 2 ATT Review - MobileTechVideos

I will spice up the OP when I have a bit more time but wanted to release this to you guys tonight. I recommend the IOKP 4.4.2 Gapps package as that's what I use and it gives you a nifty font. Slim Gapps should work though too. Choose your poison boys and girls.

Known Issues:

- GPS Optimizer may FC Settings. Pulled for now.
- Sound pack option may not be working yet.
- On The Go mode toggle seems to be broken but adding to Power Menu via Buttons option in IOAP Settings works just dandy
- Some lag on wakeup for this device... Investigating.
- Weird UI behavior in-call sometimes
- You tell me...it's a beta, so... :)

LATEST ROM DOWNLOAD LINK

IOAP 3.62 - Galaxy Note 2 i317/i317m

RECOMMENDED GAPPS

PA 4.4.2 GAPPS (only Gapps package tested with 3.62

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION

- Of course download the ROM package and your Gapps
- Reboot into recovery (all personal testing done with PhilZ Touch 6.00.8-t0lteatt. Use other recovery options at your discretion)
- Back up your current ROM
- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, format /system
- Flash the ROM
- Flash your Gapps
- Reboot, have a beer, then set up your phone.

PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ALTERNATIVE KERNELS HAVE BEEN TESTED WITH THIS ROM. If a different kernel works for you, cool beans. But I haven't tested anything other than what compiles with the ROM so please don't complain if you're using a different one...thx.

FINAL NOTES

- You may notice for the first couple of days that the battery eats up quick. Give it a couple of full cycles and things should settle down.
- I cannot be held responsible for any messes made within your household, place of employment, etc. if your mind is blown as a result of installing this ROM.

BIG THANKS GO TO:

- Jamison904 - founder, big cheese, general fearless leader
- Mr Impossible - the IMPOSSIBLE code maintainer extraordinaire. This guy puts in serious time, thank you man!
- All of Team Infamous for building for their own devices and spreading the love
- CM for obvious reasons
- AOKP for obvious reasons
- Google for obvious reasons
- PAC
- Nameless
- Slim
- Countless others. Nothing here is claimed as proprietary, just our compilation of a bunch of awesome in one place.

SOURCE

IOAP Source
Kernel Source (thank you CM)

Once the ROM is good and stable we'll see what else could potentially be done to this kernel.

Flash away. Peace.

XDA:DevDB Information
IOAP_KK, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
djmatt604, Mr Impossible, jamison904
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CM

Version Information

Created 2014-03-24
Last Updated 2014-04-09

Last edited:

JudgeDredd67

Dec 24, 2006
Here, always here
Looks real good. Got it loaded up and running and everything is smooth. Did notice 2 minor bugs, goto settings>preformance and it FC's goto settings>superuser and it FC's. I did install SuperSU Pro from the app store and now when I go to settings>superuser it opens SuperSU Pro.

But the ROM looks great and has good preformance so far.

Thanks for your work!

Reactions: djmatt604

csandman1977

Oct 4, 2010
Was waiting for this for awhile now. Got it up and running. Clean install from probam. Runs great for the most part.
Had 3 reboots though. Once when I had the torch on cause the light blew in the laundry room, once in the middle of a YouTube video and once when reading a news article on a website. Not sure about the first time with the torch but the other 2 times it went straight to the boot animation.
Any ideas?

Like I said though it is really smooth and I'm liking every other aspect.

Thanks for everything!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: djmatt604

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
Was waiting for this for awhile now. Got it up and running. Clean install from probam. Runs great for the most part.
Had 3 reboots though. Once when I had the torch on cause the light blew in the laundry room, once in the middle of a YouTube video and once when reading a news article on a website. Not sure about the first time with the torch but the other 2 times it went straight to the boot animation.
Any ideas?

Like I said though it is really smooth and I'm liking every other aspect.

Thanks for everything!

to avoid errors in this rom is a matter of doing a thorough cleaning with TWRP, clean internal memory after that to enjoy this piece of rom ...

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 mediante Tapatalk

funtimez

Nov 6, 2012
Sorry been out the game for a while, im on 4.1.2 is this good.to flash without messing with the bootloader unlike 4.3? Sorry for the noob question

Reactions: slaydog

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Re: crashes on Torch etc - I can't seem to reproduce. How long did you have Torch on for? Also haven't had any problems with YouTube. Are you able to grab a log if any of this stuff is reproducible?

Sent from a seriously awesome Note 2.

csandman1977

Oct 4, 2010
I clean installed but I have no way of wiping my internal memory without losing 5 gigs of pictures and videos I really don't want to lose.
I wasn't complaining for the record, just stating what I had going on. I don't ever consider hiccups in the first 2 or 3 days of an install as bad. Things need to settle.
Each reboot only happened once so I don't think the problem was in the app. Seems random and most likely related to not wiping internal memory. I need a bigger external SD card. Don't like cloud storage myself.
For the record, tried thumbing up the op but for some reason xda app force closes whenever I tap the first post of any thread.
Going to try tapatalk one of these days!
Honestly I'm really enjoying this ROM. Really like the font too!
Thanks a bunch!

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Hmm. I never wipe internal memory when I flash. The OP recommends:

/cache
/data
Format /system
Dalvik

Internal or external SD wipe should not be necessary. Perhaps reflash it...back up your apps and try again, or maybe redownload the zip or check the md5 on AFH so you know you have a good copy...

I also posted my preferred recovery in the OP...maybe try that too if you're willing to switch. PhilZ is dope.

Reactions: tube517

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know, standard disclaimer: YOU USE THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you don't want to take the chance of screwing your phone up or don't know what you're doing, just stop now. I hold no liability or responsibility. This is not a commercial operation and is the first ROM I've posted in several weeks because my job is a dog and drains my time and energy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

IOAP.png

Welcome to the Infamous Open Android Project

Hi guys:

IOAP is now live for the Note 2 I317/I317M, starting with v3.59. IOKP 4.3 has taken a back seat for the time being as we work to bring you this awesome KitKat option for your Note 2's. I run this as a daily driver and am quite happy with it.

IOAP brings you the smooth performance you expect from a AOSP/CM base but provides several tweaks like AOKP.

- Active Display
    - BlackUI
    - Halo
    - Multi Window
    - Gesture Anywhere
    - Appbar
    - Lots of custom animation control
    - Custom progressbar
    - Init.d and Build.prop mod option in Settings - choose your poison
    - GPS Optimizer - select the right locale for your location
    - OmniSwitch on board
    - Toggle on Recents with Slim
    - All kinds of other awesome

RECENT REVIEWS

Check it out - thanks to Sam at MobileTechVideos.com for this great review!

IOAP Note 2 ATT Review - MobileTechVideos

I will spice up the OP when I have a bit more time but wanted to release this to you guys tonight. I recommend the IOKP 4.4.2 Gapps package as that's what I use and it gives you a nifty font. Slim Gapps should work though too. Choose your poison boys and girls.

Known Issues:

- GPS Optimizer may FC Settings. Pulled for now.
    - Sound pack option may not be working yet.
    - On The Go mode toggle seems to be broken but adding to Power Menu via Buttons option in IOAP Settings works just dandy
    - Some lag on wakeup for this device... Investigating.
    - Weird UI behavior in-call sometimes
    - You tell me...it's a beta, so... :)

LATEST ROM DOWNLOAD LINK

IOAP 3.62 - Galaxy Note 2 i317/i317m

RECOMMENDED GAPPS

PA 4.4.2 GAPPS (only Gapps package tested with 3.62

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION

- Of course download the ROM package and your Gapps
    - Reboot into recovery (all personal testing done with PhilZ Touch 6.00.8-t0lteatt. Use other recovery options at your discretion)
    - Back up your current ROM
    - Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, format /system
    - Flash the ROM
    - Flash your Gapps
    - Reboot, have a beer, then set up your phone.

PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ALTERNATIVE KERNELS HAVE BEEN TESTED WITH THIS ROM. If a different kernel works for you, cool beans. But I haven't tested anything other than what compiles with the ROM so please don't complain if you're using a different one...thx.

FINAL NOTES

- You may notice for the first couple of days that the battery eats up quick. Give it a couple of full cycles and things should settle down.
    - I cannot be held responsible for any messes made within your household, place of employment, etc. if your mind is blown as a result of installing this ROM.

BIG THANKS GO TO:

- Jamison904 - founder, big cheese, general fearless leader
    - Mr Impossible - the IMPOSSIBLE code maintainer extraordinaire. This guy puts in serious time, thank you man!
    - All of Team Infamous for building for their own devices and spreading the love
    - CM for obvious reasons
    - AOKP for obvious reasons
    - Google for obvious reasons
    - PAC
    - Nameless
    - Slim
    - Countless others. Nothing here is claimed as proprietary, just our compilation of a bunch of awesome in one place.

SOURCE

IOAP Source
    Kernel Source (thank you CM)

Once the ROM is good and stable we'll see what else could potentially be done to this kernel.

Flash away. Peace.

XDA:DevDB Information
    IOAP_KK, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    djmatt604, Mr Impossible, jamison904
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CM

Version Information

Created 2014-03-24
    Last Updated 2014-04-09
    Oh wait... I'm running 3.62. Screw it... Time to post this bad boy.

EDIT: OP updated. Heads up, new Gapps recommended - switch to PA if you want but IOKP should still be fine. Get some 3.62.

Looking good so far guys.

4aqa3e2a.jpg

IOAP 3.60 is live. Link in the OP. Dirty flash if you dare but I always recommend clean flashes.

Get some.

Hey guys I'm back from my trip. 3.60 dropped yesterday, time to build. :) update soon.