[Q] how to uninstall twrp and cwm recovery?

Search This thread

amzyaamir

May 1, 2014
Hello Friends,
I have got twrp and cwm recovery installed in my phone.When i start my phone in recovery it runs in cwm recovery and when i reboot my phone iit runs twrp instead of my rom.I tried wiping the data through cwm recovery, but with no success.I have got stock jb installed on my phone. Please help.

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
You saying that phone cant boot ? Try to flash again the recovery you want (Flash the right recovery! For Hboot 1.24 flash ics, for 1.25 flash jb) then go to recovery) Or just flash the stock recovery ? You can find it in the forum.

Sent from my Desire X using Tapatalk

amzyaamir

May 1, 2014
You saying that phone cant boot ? Try to flash again the recovery you want (Flash the right recovery! For Hboot 1.24 flash ics, for 1.25 flash jb) then go to recovery) Or just flash the stock recovery ? You can find it in the forum.

Sent from my Desire X using Tapatalk
yes i can boot my phone in twrp only.When i switch on my phone it enters into twrp directly instead of rom and when i start it in recovery it enters in to cwr.i installed stock recovery also which replaced cwr but with no success.my phone still boots in twrp

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
yes i can boot my phone in twrp only.When i switch on my phone it enters into twrp directly instead of rom and when i start it in recovery it enters in to cwr.i installed stock recovery also which replaced cwr but with no success.my phone still boots in twrp

You installed twrp to boot partition, that's why it boots directly into twrp (using fastboot flash boot twrp.img) You need to flash TWRP to recovery partition (using fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). Then enter recovery, install ROM, and flash boot image to boot partition (fastboot flash boot boot.img).

amzyaamir

May 1, 2014
You installed twrp to boot partition, that's why it boots directly into twrp (using fastboot flash boot twrp.img) You need to flash TWRP to recovery partition (using fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). Then enter recovery, install ROM, and flash boot image to boot partition (fastboot flash boot boot.img).

thank you for your help.i flash boot boot.img file and twrp got replaced.but i have come up with a new problem now.my phone is s- on and its not accepting the rom which i downloaded from here(2.20.401.5_Deodexed). i thought because my phone is s-on it might accept the original jb rom(ROM_JB_STOCK_HTC_DESIRE_X_INDIA_HTC__038) but still even this version is not installing. so now my phone is not having any rom.what should i do???