[Q] Issues with SD-Card/Camera in Cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

Nekrok

Aug 26, 2014
Modded my first phone, no I am quite inexperienced:

I installed Cyanogenmod successfully. Unfortunately the camera terminates right after I start it. My guess is, it has something to do with the SD-card. A different Camera app from the PlayStore shows an image at least but prompts me to insert an external storage (sd card) before it can take a picture.
Actually there is a new sd-card with 16 GB inserted. I can access and browse it in the file manager and in Settings -> Storage the sd-cards size is recognized an I can mount/unmount and erase it.

Changing from Android 4.1.2 I did this way:
rootet like this, installed this custom recovery and then installed Cyanogenmod by Macclaw following this tutorial + GAppsMicro.

Due to my problems I wiped everything again and installed Cyanogenmod 11 by TeamCanjica. But same problems there. :(

Last edited:

Bastian007

Aug 26, 2014
Hello,
I have exactly the same issue.
I went to newest version of [ROM][4.4.4][TeamCanjica] CyanogenMod 11.0 (cm-11-20140807-UNOFFICIAL-codina.zip) + Micro package of GAPPs due to free Space on internal storage.

However after installation of the new system I realized the issue with Camera / Gallery what seems to be caused by a not correctly recognized external SD card: Error message: "No external storage available"

I red some Threads about this issue and have already tried following without any success:
Does anybody have a different idea to fix this issue?

Any idea is more than welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Bastian

Nekrok

Aug 26, 2014
Now I tried CyanogenMod 10.2 by TeamCanjica. Camera asked for sdcard again... although inserted. But some moments later it suddenly worked... :/