To Moderators: New forum for HTC Dual please?

Search This thread

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
i am wondering why the touch cruise got its own forum before the touch dual.. since this device was announced earlier and is also in stores already...
- please get to it admins... :confused:

jcostanza4

Nov 3, 2005
The Burque
More on the GPS & Wifi Finds

I was reading through another post about WM6.1 upgrade that linked to this article. In the article they breifly mentioned the touch dual.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=707

But more importantly it is where I found this paragraph intersting.
"Qualcomm see the decreasing cost of the smartphone spurring growth in adoption of these devices. Steve talked about the Qualcomm/Microsoft collaboration effort and the MSM 7xxx series of chipsets we see in today’s latest and greatest devices. These chipsets include GPS, media, applications processors and more in a single, low battery consumption configuration. There are several variants of their chips in mobile devices today with some having everything inside and some having limitations desired by the manufacturer or carrier for various reasons (cost, size of the device, targeted market, etc)."

When they say there are several variants, I wonder if all chipsets have the capability and are selective by manufacturer or if certain series carry the option?

Additional Findings:
HTC Touch Cruise (polaris) has GPS & Wifi with the Qualcomm® MSM 7200, 400MHz processor - The same processor the HTC Touch Dual (nike) has. There would be no reason to use additional hardware if the processor provides the capability. Hopefully its just a software lock or lack of drivers.
I Can't wait for a forum to start this thread! <-- Will donate funds if/when forum opens!!

Last edited:

guap

Sep 23, 2007
Milano
up!

we need a forum for dual, the touch section is a mess with touch, touch enhanced and dual...

Corell

Nov 3, 2007
it's sad to see how the admins on this site administrate their time and requests of it's users... is there another forum where we can get the info that would be requested in a touch dual forum, when the admins won't give us the forum we want?.... unbelievable.

jcostanza4

Nov 3, 2005
The Burque
How come they never made one for the TMO HTC Wing?

The forum for it was under the Herald section. Though most cooked roms were specific to the Wing or p4350; never 1 rom for both mainly because of keyboard differences. Same hardware, but slight aesthetic differences and keyboard layouts. I enjoyed my Wing until the Dual came out. Size, speed and a real "Touch" screen is a hugh upgrade and having at least 60% memory free is great.