[2017-10-23][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
This LineageOS 14.1 ROM is built from source for Blu R1 HD.

Some features of this LineageOS 14 rom are:
- Hardware rendered LiveDisplay (no UI lag in night mode)
- Android security patches up to October
- Security hardened kernel (including BlueBorne bluetooth patches)
- Kernel patched for Nougat (Nougat compatible SELinux)
- No Chinese spyware

Credits:
zhaofengli (major thanks for getting the rom booting + hotspot/GPS fix, among other things!)
vampirefo
danielhk (GPS fix)
DeckerSu(Initial device tree, MTK patches)

Sources:
Code:
[URL=https://github.com/blumonks/android_device_blu_p6601]Device Tree[/URL]
[URL=https://github.com/blumonks/android_kernel_mediatek_mt6735]Kernel Source[/URL]
[URL=https://github.com/blumonks/android_p6601]Build Manifest[/URL]
[URL=https://github.com/blumonks/twrp_device_blu_p6601]Recovery device tree[/URL]

Downloads:

Installation Guide:
1) Flash TWRP recovery (See downloads)
Code:
fastboot flash twrp-3.1.1-0-p6601.img
This TWRP recovery has a different device name than previous versions of TWRP.
2) Boot into recovery (Hold vol up when booting and use vol keys to select recovery)
3) If coming from a non lineageOS rom, please format system, data, and cache in recovery before flashing this rom. Otherwise stale files from previous roms may cause bugs.
5) Flash lineage rom
6) Flash gapps (obtain here: http://opengapps.org/)

Current bugs:
Camera does not work. It is still under active research and development.
Bluetooth
Github Issue Tracker (Please do not open duplicate issues)

Please note that support will be limited.

Attachments

• device-2017-10-15-201538.jpg
    device-2017-10-15-201538.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,143
  • device-2017-10-22-223043.png
    device-2017-10-22-223043.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,908
Last edited:

Vulnerability

Sep 14, 2017
UPDATED BUILD 24 AUG 2020.

If anyone is still using this device, here is an updated build with the August 2020 Android Security Bulletin & all merged LineageOS changes since October 2017. MAKE SURE YOU FLASH USING THE TWRP IN THE ORIGINAL POST! You can flash over any builds in this thread, the camera still doesn't work and I have no interest in fixing it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dbdmk...p6601.zip/file
https://gofile.io/d/vTddMJ

Last edited:

Vulnerability

Sep 14, 2017
Is enforcing SELinux supported? Or only permissive?
EDIT: Don't worry I saw the issue tracker post

Last edited:

khyr

Aug 14, 2015
I'm gonna try this rom
It's nice to see development alive!!!
Hope you could a finally fix the broken camera

Reactions: Gizmosis350k

jianC

Sep 3, 2013

zombie_ryushu

Oct 18, 2016
I don't know, nor do I have the accessories to test it. I would appreciate if you could try it and report back.

Yes.. Please see download link for latest rom. It includes the KRACK security fixes from lineageOS.

Does this fix also apply to the LineageOS 13.x Rom? I need the Front facing camera working, and that works under Marshmellow and not Nougat.

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Just wanted to thank you for your hard work and dedication on this ROM project and wish you good luck with the camera as well.

Not that I find the camera on the R1 HD all that useful as it takes pretty lame photos, but the lack of camera is basically the only thing keeping me from ditching Blu software altogether.

I really hope you manage to get a 100% operational LineageOS for the R1 HD.

Yesterday I called Amazon and complained about the software that collected our personal information and data and submitted it to Blu headquarters in China. They said that I could return the phone for a full refund so at this point I am seriously contemplating doing that. The only problem is that I don't have a backup phone.

The lack of resources from MTK based processors is such a deal breaker. I was not aware it would be so difficult to get development going for it when I bought my phone last year.

Now I'm contemplating getting an used phone with better development support after I return my R1 HD.

I really wanted to wait until OnePlus released their new device with a better display and hopefully a near bezel less display and at least IP67 water resistance. That's the reason why I didn't go for the OP5. The upside-down screen was also another one.

If you could get the camera working in LOS than I'd hold on to my R1 HD for a a while longer. But I'm not keeping my hopes up... Just being realistic. Haha!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: jianC

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for your support!

As of now, I've been studying the leaked MTK camera sources for other devices and using IDA to see what extra symbols and logic the stock libcameraservice.so and libcamera_client.so has. It appears that replacing these two libs was the key to fixing camera in cm-13 ports.

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Thank you!

Oh, I didn't know camera support was fixed for CM 13 on the R1 HD. Maybe I didn't see it here. But I'd much rather have a non Blu version of Android with all security patches even if it's just on marshmallow.

Three days ago I just realized that Blu had a frigging app collecting my personal data and sending it back to China.

It had sent over 5.9MB of data since July 21st. I think it's a lot of data for text only transmissions.

Anyhow, I've been seeing people using Footej on other ROMs in which they could not get the camera working with stock camera app. Is that what you mean by getting the camera to work?

khyr

Aug 14, 2015
Stuck here guys!!!
Which recovery version do I have to install to properly flash this rom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-21-14-43-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-21-14-43-17.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Screenshot_2017-10-21-14-43-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-21-14-43-10.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Stuck here guys!!!
Which recovery version do I have to install to properly flash this rom?
Dang! That's old! I guess devs should be more organized in doing a walk through with links to the files and recoveries needed to flash their awesome work.
Here's mine that I've just uploaded to zippy. I think it's the latest available and should be compatible with all ROMs.
Please report back with your findings and opinions on the ROM.
Please try to use both SIM cards to see if they work okay.
http://www8.zippyshare.com/d/p4HMiDRq/41954/R1_Port_3.1-TWRP.img

Jun 22, 2016
I can't post pictures but it gives me an error saying that the package is for p6601 and the updated twrp image says device is Life_Max

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This LineageOS 14.1 ROM is built from source for Blu R1 HD.

Some features of this LineageOS 14 rom are:
    - Hardware rendered LiveDisplay (no UI lag in night mode)
    - Android security patches up to October
    - Security hardened kernel (including BlueBorne bluetooth patches)
    - Kernel patched for Nougat (Nougat compatible SELinux)
    - No Chinese spyware

Credits:
    zhaofengli (major thanks for getting the rom booting + hotspot/GPS fix, among other things!)
    vampirefo
    danielhk (GPS fix)
    DeckerSu(Initial device tree, MTK patches)

Sources:
    Code:
    [URL=https://github.com/blumonks/android_device_blu_p6601]Device Tree[/URL]
    [URL=https://github.com/blumonks/android_kernel_mediatek_mt6735]Kernel Source[/URL]
    [URL=https://github.com/blumonks/android_p6601]Build Manifest[/URL]
    [URL=https://github.com/blumonks/twrp_device_blu_p6601]Recovery device tree[/URL]

Downloads:

Installation Guide:
    1) Flash TWRP recovery (See downloads)
    Code:
    fastboot flash twrp-3.1.1-0-p6601.img
    This TWRP recovery has a different device name than previous versions of TWRP.
    2) Boot into recovery (Hold vol up when booting and use vol keys to select recovery)
    3) If coming from a non lineageOS rom, please format system, data, and cache in recovery before flashing this rom. Otherwise stale files from previous roms may cause bugs.
    5) Flash lineage rom
    6) Flash gapps (obtain here: http://opengapps.org/)

Current bugs:
    Camera does not work. It is still under active research and development.
    Bluetooth
    Github Issue Tracker (Please do not open duplicate issues)

Please note that support will be limited.
    I just learned how to work with the file-context.bin files in lineage os. LINK And succsessfully got camera working on my Reurection Remix rom I ported to blu studio XL (mt6737)

i took what I learned to check the context file in this boot.img. It does not have the camera devices listed , also the init.mt6735.cr file did not have device permissions set to allow camera to work.

i made my suggested changes and repacked a new boot.img for this rom.

today I do not have a phone available to test boot it on.

If you have this rom installed and can check my boot.img that will be good.

Code:
    fastboot boot lm-14-r1-boot-20171103-2335.img

unzip the attachment before trying to boot it.

**EDIT**

I got a hold of my sons phone and tried this out.

:( it did not work.

::details:
    When I was able to get camera working on my other phone on 7.0.1, I edited the file.contexts.bin, Only adding the camera devices that I also added to "init.mt6735.rc".
    The ones added were the ones missing when compaired the init files from stock and port rom.
    Here what I did was just dumped all the devices I found in the stock "file.contexts", which as it turns out was not the right thing to do.
    I assume If you take a closer look at the /dev/* lines in file.contexts and init.project.rc and init.mt6735.rc, to make sure all the camera devices have proper access permissions it will get you working.

I may try again later this weekend if I get time

**EDIT 2**

NOT fixed yet, but before attempting to change file.context.bin the logcat had messages about "camera device -19" having issue or missing. Now after tinkering it shows "device -22" so this gives me confidence this is correct direction.

test boot.img removed--it did not fix anything yet

I did make a bootable resurection rom on this R1 but it still has no camera. I did same steps from the one that did work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If there is interest I can open new thread for Resurection Remix
    I tried a few things and failed at unpacking the signed-system images.

I now have a BLU R2, been sitting on my desk for a week or so. Finally got time to root it the other day and pulled some images.

Edit : The rest of this post was reposted in a different thread. Link

Sent from my Blu R2 LTE using XDA Labs
    I updated OP with zhaofengli/my version of TWRP recovery.

This one is guaranteed to have the correct partitions and device name to flash this rom and is compiled from omni rom source.

There seems to be several ports of TWRP out there with different device names.

Also updated OP with some more instructions per request..
    I just learned how to work with the file-context.bin files in lineage os. LINK And succsessfully got camera working on my Reurection Remix rom I ported to blu studio XL (mt6737)

i took what I learned to check the context file in this boot.img. It does not have the camera devices listed , also the init.mt6735.cr file did not have device permissions set to allow camera to work.

i made my suggested changes and repacked a new boot.img for this rom.

today I do not have a phone available to test boot it on.

If you have this rom installed and can check my boot.img that will be good.

Code:
    fastboot boot lm-14-r1-boot-20171103-2335.img

unzip the attachment before trying to boot it.

**EDIT**

I got a hold of my sons phone and tried this out.

:( it did not work.

::details:
    When I was able to get camera working on my other phone on 7.0.1, I edited the file.contexts.bin, Only adding the camera devices that I also added to "init.mt6735.rc".
    The ones added were the ones missing when compaired the init files from stock and port rom.
    Here what I did was just dumped all the devices I found in the stock "file.contexts", which as it turns out was not the right thing to do.
    I assume If you take a closer look at the /dev/* lines in file.contexts and init.project.rc and init.mt6735.rc, to make sure all the camera devices have proper access permissions it will get you working.

I may try again later this weekend if I get time

**EDIT 2**

NOT fixed yet, but before attempting to change file.context.bin the logcat had messages about "camera device -19" having issue or missing. Now after tinkering it shows "device -22" so this gives me confidence this is correct direction.

test boot.img removed--it did not fix anything yet

I did make a bootable resurection rom on this R1 but it still has no camera. I did same steps from the one that did work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If there is interest I can open new thread for Resurection Remix

You are def on the right path , file-contex.bin was the same file i looked at and noticed alot of things were not correct at all. it was def the first file i wanted to correct as much as possible since messing around with the shims were not giving any results. and simply swaping orig file-contex.bin from stock kernel to port kernel sadly does not work.
    That's also another reason at the time i was looking into compiling the kernel up for Nougat instead on relying trying to fix a already compiled kernel/ramdisk/files ect for another device just to make Nougat port work on R1 HD since most likely certain hashes are let say baked into certain files as a form of verification , so hex-editing files probably still wont work .

idk there may be hope that I might be able to come back to the R1 HD scene and take another crack at this .