Thanks Meter: 11,370

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2012, 07:54 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

I actually had an idea similar to this. The difference is the camera button, when held if the screen is off, would wake, unlock and launch the camera app.

I know I'd probably use that, anybody else?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

I would use that. Also, I would like to see the battery power mod that let's me have the remaining charge represented as a line across the status bar.
Also, great work on this rom. No relevant complaints here.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
18th June 2012, 09:04 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:

I actually had an idea similar to this. The difference is the camera button, when held if the screen is off, would wake, unlock and launch the camera app

Good idea, i would definitely use that.

I would like to thank you for this rom, its awesome and the best rom i used on my desire z so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to Carphedon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Carphedon Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 09:50 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Hi everyone
First I'm really sorry for my noob questions, but this is my first ics rom ever. Passed installation process right now and its so nicely done. Thank you. My problem is that I'm not able add contacts from sim card. Im just getting screen no contacts found. Went back to my previous rom to find out that contacts are luckily still there. I think that I overlooked some settings but no luck to find it. Another question is do I still need use ghostlysms to be save or losing sms is not ics problem? And if I will have some grafical glitch do I have to restart phone or is there something easier? Thanks a lot for answers and sorry for stupid questions and my english...

Sent from my first ics rom using XDA App
18th June 2012, 10:03 AM |#94  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxaxn

Hi everyone
First I'm really sorry for my noob questions, but this is my first ics rom ever. Passed installation process right now and its so nicely done. Thank you. My problem is that I'm not able add contacts from sim card. Im just getting screen no contacts found. Went back to my previous rom to find out that contacts are luckily still there. I think that I overlooked some settings but no luck to find it. Another question is do I still need use ghostlysms to be save or losing sms is not ics problem? And if I will have some grafical glitch do I have to restart phone or is there something easier? Thanks a lot for answers and sorry for stupid questions and my english...

I have very little experience w/ contacts from a SIM card, so I apologize for that. My understanding is that you have to actually import them (People -> Menu -> Import from SIM card) I believe the People app is what's displaying the no contacts found message. As for vanishing SMS messages, I've never had that issue in ICS myself so you should be free to use any SMS app of your choice.

The graphical glitches are a somewhat minor annoyance at this point. My method of dealing with it is I have 'Kill app back button' enabled (Settings -> Developer options) and I just hold back to kill the offending app. It happens so rarely for me these days, maybe once a week, and I think the apps even fix themselves over time now. You definitely don't need to reboot though, in fact, the issue seems to pop up most commonly after a fresh boot or ROM flash.
18th June 2012, 10:14 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i wasn't able to try this rom because every time i installed, it got stuck in bootloop
18th June 2012, 10:21 AM |#96  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magno23

i wasn't able to try this rom because every time i installed, it got stuck in bootloop

You're gonna have to provide more info. I assume you did a full wipe? Are your partitions ext4? Can you use logcat to see any error messages? Which ROM were you coming from? I assume you're using the stock kernel?

A bootloop after a full wipe/flash is abnormal & likely caused by something outlying you either did or didn't do to trigger it.
18th June 2012, 10:25 AM |#97  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapr

I would use that. Also, I would like to see the battery power mod that let's me have the remaining charge represented as a line across the status bar.

+1 on this mod. Used to use it on the Virtuous ICS rom.
18th June 2012, 10:40 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
To blk_jack
Yes people app just can't import any contact and giving me that message. And I didn't find any way how to save number to sim. Can someone try import for me pls? And btw thank you for your super speed reply... you are legend...

One more problem for me is with xda app. I lost thanks button somehow. So thank you this way...

18th June 2012, 10:58 AM |#99  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I absolutely, absolutely LOVE this ROM. Makes my Desire Z like a brand new phone.
Thank you for your hard-work - i LOVE this rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to zappoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zappoo Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 11:00 AM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

You're gonna have to provide more info. I assume you did a full wipe? Are your partitions ext4? Can you use logcat to see any error messages? Which ROM were you coming from? I assume you're using the stock kernel?

A bootloop after a full wipe/flash is abnormal & likely caused by something outlying you either did or didn't do to trigger it.

i was on official miui using the latest radio and CM9 kernel(because i tested the CM9 rom), i installed every thing you said to install(rom+gapps+rils+efs wipe, in this order) and couldn't pass through the bootloop
18th June 2012, 11:04 AM |#101  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magno23

i was on official miui using the latest radio and CM9 kernel(because i tested the CM9 rom), i installed every thing you said to install(rom+gapps+rils+efs wipe, in this order) and couldn't pass through the bootloop

Try w/ just the ROM+gapps & connect via adb / logcat on boot to see if there are issues. The only thing I can think of is maybe you got a bad download of the ROM? You could also try to fix permissions after Aroma exits.

EDIT:

Wait hold on, did you wipe /data? You never specified if you did a full wipe. If you're coming from MIUI you definitely need to wipe /data
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)