[ROM][September 4] Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 [ICS / CM9.1 stable]

3,305 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,458

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2012, 04:41 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Really Really loving this rom. I have Finally have WIFI calling back! Amazing.

The ROM is super customizable, and just runs great. Keep up the good work.
The Following User Says Thank You to stringbean98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stringbean98 Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 05:51 AM |#82  
Flag DW
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I do not understand why this ROM has a rating only 3.75. Why ???
For me it is extra. It gives so many options to choose during installation.
Blk_jack GREAT THAKNS for your GOOD job.
The Following User Says Thank You to zibiss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zibiss Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 06:08 AM |#83  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibiss

I do not understand why this ROM has a rating only 3.75. Why ???
For me it is extra. It gives so many options to choose during installation.
Blk_jack GREAT THAKNS for your GOOD job.

I think a bunch of dudes got together & downrated. It went from 2 votes to 7 votes & the 5 new ones were all 1 star. Not sure what's up w/ that but hey, if you like it feel free to rate appropriately!

Thank you
18th June 2012, 06:21 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 1,261

Donate to Me
More
Just for anyone wondering THIS IS AN OFFICIAL ANDROMADUS ROM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darkspadez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkspadez Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 06:27 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I have a buddy runtesting this and he is saying it is actually functioning as advertised. Additionally, you've somehow managed to tweak the browser so webkit isn't busted as heck which is nice.

I'm gonna probably get around to testing this in a week or two but for the time being thanks for actually having an informative OP with clearly defined addons, and honesty about the roms abilities, bugs, and the like. I can't begin to word how much I hate it when someone says

Bugs:
Camera,
you tell me.

That's a cop out and awful as I am sure you can agree.

Edit: "I do not understand why this ROM has a rating only 3.75. Why ???"

Humans are petty, vicious creatures.
The Following User Says Thank You to astriaos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astriaos Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 06:27 AM |#86  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,026

Donate to Me
More
One small feature request from my side.
Long pressing next button on headset usually fast forwards the playing track on sense roms but this doesn't work on this build.
Either single or long press switches the playing media to next.

Please implement this feature as it comes very handy while listening to music while walking or jogging.
18th June 2012, 06:30 AM |#87  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

I actually had an idea similar to this. The difference is the camera button, when held if the screen is off, would wake, unlock and launch the camera app.

I know I'd probably use that, anybody else?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

I'd use the camera button for music control :S

-----

Anyhow, this ROM blitzes! And the new shortcuts in the status bar are great too! I now have a tap to tweet button like the iOS users ( I really liked that in the iOS 6 beta ) but it's a little slow, but that's forgivable.

Today I'll check battery drain, but it seemed quite awful yesterday after I installed the ROM ( you know, probably doing the regular caching, mediaserver stuff and all that stuff that I don't know about ).

Now as far as I can see, no lag, however the only graphical glitch I got/keep getting is the flipped transition. But that doesn't really bother me. And running this with the Nokia Pure font is just beautiful

And I'm not sure if the behavior is supposed to be like that, but the Quick Torch function switches off the LED as soon as the power button is let go. I thought it'd stay on. No issues though.

And I do like the new boot anim. Dope stuff.

And I think I may have an issue here. I keep a Telemarketer contact which sends all calls to voicemail ( which doesn't really exist here, so I set it to the number that it goes to when the call is busy or waiting ), but I just got a call and it came through to my phone ( else it'd just be disconnected without me even seeing it )..

And how do I get rid of the debugging enabled icon? I believe in ICS it's a build.prop thing right?

Anyway, I'll post more thoughts later. Not had an issues with lag or anything so far, but lets see.
18th June 2012, 06:53 AM |#88  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumkar

And I think I may have an issue here. I keep a Telemarketer contact which sends all calls to voicemail ( which doesn't really exist here, so I set it to the number that it goes to when the call is busy or waiting ), but I just got a call and it came through to my phone ( else it'd just be disconnected without me even seeing it )..

I have been seeing this for many many weeks. I, too, have a Spam contact into which I push in new spam numbers as and when I get them. It used to be that in CM7, the send to voicemail worked just as designed. But that has not been the case with the ICS ROMs. I tried splitting the 100 numbers across 5 spam contacts, thinking, perhaps, that the large quantity of numbers was the issue. Finally, what resolved it was the Root Call Blocker app. The free app lets you block only one number, but luckily, it lets you block one group also. I grouped my 5 spammers into a Spammer group and now it works perfectly.
18th June 2012, 07:04 AM |#89  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmudigonda

I have been seeing this for many many weeks. I, too, have a Spam contact into which I push in new spam numbers as and when I get them. It used to be that in CM7, the send to voicemail worked just as designed. But that has not been the case with the ICS ROMs. I tried splitting the 100 numbers across 5 spam contacts, thinking, perhaps, that the large quantity of numbers was the issue. Finally, what resolved it was the Root Call Blocker app. The free app lets you block only one number, but luckily, it lets you block one group also. I grouped my 5 spammers into a Spammer group and now it works perfectly.

I didn't have this issue on B4.
18th June 2012, 07:09 AM |#90  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumkar

I'd use the camera button for music control :S

It would be a toggle launched on conditions. 1) Play/Pause music when music app is active 2) Launch camera app. Something like that, not just a changed functionality for the camera button

Quote:

Anyhow, this ROM blitzes! And the new shortcuts in the status bar are great too! I now have a tap to tweet button like the iOS users ( I really liked that in the iOS 6 beta ) but it's a little slow, but that's forgivable.

Today I'll check battery drain, but it seemed quite awful yesterday after I installed the ROM ( you know, probably doing the regular caching, mediaserver stuff and all that stuff that I don't know about ).

I know it's different depending on which apps you use or have installed, but I actually get excellent battery life. It will be identical to Audacity/Flinny's test builds as it's the same framework core and kernel.

Quote:

Now as far as I can see, no lag, however the only graphical glitch I got/keep getting is the flipped transition. But that doesn't really bother me. And running this with the Nokia Pure font is just beautiful

And I'm not sure if the behavior is supposed to be like that, but the Quick Torch function switches off the LED as soon as the power button is let go. I thought it'd stay on. No issues though.

Yea I wanted to base the functionality on what AOKP offered. Now, I don't know what AOKP's Quick Torch feature does exactly since my knowledge of it is kinda limited to asking in their IRC channel, and scanning over the code briefly to see but I was under the impression it lasted while you held down power.

I originally had it actually toggle, but the problem with that is if you turn off the screen then hitting the power again will not trigger Quick Torch. I *could* add a check for screen-on power long-press that would suppress the power options dialog and instead re-toggle quick torch though. Not a bad idea I guess, something to keep in mind.

Quote:

And I do like the new boot anim. Dope stuff.

And how do I get rid of the debugging enabled icon? I believe in ICS it's a build.prop thing right?

Anyway, I'll post more thoughts later. Not had an issues with lag or anything so far, but lets see.

Not sure about the calls to voicemail issue. Maybe someone else can chime in on a solution or feedback on if they're experiencing the same issue.

Try: persist.adb.notify=0 in your build.prop to disable the icon. I haven't tested it, just got it after a quick google search.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. Hope you like the ROM & I'll be improving it moving forward.
18th June 2012, 07:54 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

I actually had an idea similar to this. The difference is the camera button, when held if the screen is off, would wake, unlock and launch the camera app.

I know I'd probably use that, anybody else?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

I would use that. Also, I would like to see the battery power mod that let's me have the remaining charge represented as a line across the status bar.
Also, great work on this rom. No relevant complaints here.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)