Where is the magical Samsung NFC Battery?

Search This thread

Adelaide.

Feb 25, 2010

madquack

May 12, 2010
I think I am going to order one of these batteries when I get paid Friday, I don't care about the battery door being messed up I just hope I can find a decent enough case to cover it and hide the mess.

Right now I have a Case Mate Tough Case for my i777 and I highly doubt it'll cover the battery + battery cover but we'll see!

Last edited:

sleepeeg3

Oct 25, 2009
If you're ok with the added thickness just get the Skyrocket, then you get a slightly bigger battery, LTE (where available), bigger screen, etc.
I considered the SkyRocket... It is a poor option. Faster CPU, bigger screen, LTE that can not be turned off. Review I read said LTE by itself is a big power drain and is somewhat useless with no unlimited data plans from AT&T. The 200mAh is not going to be enough to cover the added power drain. Then you have problems with ROM and case compatibility, faster CPU does nothing practical, fatter phone, etc.

AT&T had the best design for the SGSII, but they had to go and botch it up by minor tweaks that screw up full compatibility.

I am okay with flipping phones on eBay, but I would rather have the SGSII international or a 2000mAh battery that works without modding.

Last edited:

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
I was in Seoul 2 weeks ago and the Samsung stores didn't even sell an extended battery, so unless it's brand new (unlikely if it's in the US even shipped), then I'm guessing it's someone making them for samsung, so beware.

I just emailed my colleague in SK and asked him to check.

I don't know if everyone just passed up on your comment but I think people are neglecting the fact that you ACTUALLY went to Korea and didn't find the extended battery available. The Korean Samsung website also does not have the extended battery in their catalog and typing in the battery model number: EB-K1A2EBEGSTD doesn't get any results. I would say for myself that someone is making fake Samsung batteries but if your friend in Korea has actually found the official batteries instead of fake ones then I would think about purchasing one. Any word back from him/her yet?

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California
I don't know if everyone just passed up on your comment but I think people are neglecting the fact that you ACTUALLY went to Korea and didn't find the extended battery available. The Korean Samsung website also does not have the extended battery in their catalog and typing in the battery model number: EB-K1A2EBEGSTD doesn't get any results. I would say for myself that someone is making fake Samsung batteries but if your friend in Korea has actually found the official batteries instead of fake ones then I would think about purchasing one. Any word back from him/her yet?

Nobody there has them. Was there personally and jumped over to the mall between flights,... not sure where the info came from that one existed, but it doesn't, and if the Koreans don't make it, it's not real. My guess is it comes from China with a fake samsung logo on it, haha

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
Nobody there has them. Was there personally and jumped over to the mall between flights,... not sure where the info came from that one existed, but it doesn't, and if the Koreans don't make it, it's not real. My guess is it comes from China with a fake samsung logo on it, haha

Being Chinese myself and having visited China, I can they make a ton of fake merchandise over there. Although occasionally you will run into an almost authentic piece only to realize it's too good to be that cheap. Hell there was a story of a dude who couldn't afford a Lamborghini on his salary so he decided to build one completely from scratch for himself for less than 3/4 the price of a real Lamborghini. It's insane what they do out there.

Cryosx

Jul 19, 2010
Well, looking at what people are experiencing here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239719. Anyway, I for one can say the battery's real and worth it.

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
Well, looking at what people are experiencing here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239719. Anyway, I for one can say the battery's real and worth it.

Kind of weird that it's an official battery manufactured in Korea by Samsung but yet they won't sell them at their own Samsung website or stores but let other vendors overseas sell them yet they make the phone right in their own backyard? What a weird business plan they got.

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
what is nfc; near field communication? whats it do.

edit: good old wiki. Thats cool, can our phones do that?

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
Search ebay for this: GENUINE-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S2-i9100-ORIGINAL-BATTERY-2000mAh-HIGH-CAPACITY-COVER

I am new to this forum so I can't post a link yet.

I purchased it a few weeks ago for my At&t S2. It works great! When at home on the weekends my battery only goes down to about 70% by the end of the day, before it usually dropped to around 30-40%. Although the battery fits perfect the new cover was made to fit only the Korean version of the phone. I used an xacto knife and trimmed the interfering catches on the sides of the new cover so it fit in place. The end catches of the cover still fit. I then placed the phone in a TPU case which fit perfect without any budges or stretches. Actually feels better to handle and still weighs 8 grams less than my old iPhone 4.

I don't know how you did it but I just received mine today and buffered out all of the side hooks and it still doesn't fit properly. It seems like the cover maybe a bit longer than the stock because the middle bends outward as if the case is longer than the phone and is cramming in to the door area.

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
So I ended up modding the hell out of the back door the came with the Korean NFC 2000 mAh battery and finally got it to fit. I paired it up with the SGP Neo Hybrid EX Soul Black case and the phone looks bad ass now. Here are some pics.
2011-12-14031834.jpg

2011-12-14031745.jpg

Reactions: TASL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're ok with the added thickness just get the Skyrocket, then you get a slightly bigger battery, LTE (where available), bigger screen, etc. There are lots of threads here saying how it's not better. AT&T is a business, they're pushing the new phone because it is better (read: new features, etc). I think the SGSII on ATT will prove to be about the shortest product cycle of any phone ever offered. With Nexus Prime right around the corner, the GSII is going to look like yesterday's news. I know you don't LIKE that, but it's reality. You didn't really think it was going to be the "best" phone for long when ATT didn't pick it up until it was already almost 10 months old, did you?

:)
    So I ended up modding the hell out of the back door the came with the Korean NFC 2000 mAh battery and finally got it to fit. I paired it up with the SGP Neo Hybrid EX Soul Black case and the phone looks bad ass now. Here are some pics.
    2011-12-14031834.jpg

2011-12-14031745.jpg
    Shave the side buffers off including the lips...you want the sides to be flat as possible like the stock OEM battery 1650 mAh battery cover it came with. Then you have to carefully shave the bottom left and right hooks vertically half way. It'll fit on but not perfectly but good enough.
    Could anyone please tell me if the battery mentioned in post #54 works for the 777, as no one has actually commented on this as of yet (to my knowledge). Thanks a lot!

I emailed the seller to ask if the battery was the Korean NFC version (cover needs Modding) or the international version (no cover mods necessary but potential boot loops). He was uncertain but did mention they are a European import (although the pictures say NFC).