Votes: 54 58.1%
  • Partial GAPPS: total ROM download ~170mb

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • No GAPPS

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
You have the gb bootloaders. This happens when you flash another ROM while on those bootloaders. It doesn't present any greater risk, it is a cosmetic issue. Either keep it or flash the bootloaders again after installing the ROM of your choice.

Edit: I forgot to quote the queston I was relying to. This was for the people questioning the "vibrant" logo changing during boot after flashing this.

Last edited:

ksallen2001

Nov 11, 2009
I tried passion v9.2, a very good rom but this one right here that six and his team but out is crazy. The speed and the proformance is lovely. Great job

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

ksallen2001

Nov 11, 2009
OK I don't know if this has been answered but my email exchange is not syncing to my Calender

junglerumble

Jul 28, 2010
holy **** you guys finding this more stable and faster than passion 9.2?! in what ways? I may have to flash this baby now.

how is battery? the same as passion?

wildklymr

Dec 14, 2006
Sorry about the GPS thing, I'm a cappy user myself so used that OP. I did say GPS doesn't work though :p. As for gb boot loaders, they are required for Deep Idle to work with our kernel. If you don't care about Deep Idle, then you don't need them. As for updating: I will update both the patch and the ROM when needed. I recommend flashing the ROM each time not the patch, but its your choice.

Thank you for explaining that about the deep idle. All of a sudden my battery life went from 10 hours medium use while toggling off data when not used, to 16 hours medium use when data is on all the time. Explains a lot. I flashed gb bootloaders at that time.

Sent from my I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: sixstringsg

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I do have some things to try for GPS, but I am not working much today. Anything else people would like added in? I might add face unlock so you don't have to flash the separate zip.

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I do have some things to try for GPS, but I am not working much today. Anything else people would like added in? I might add face unlock so you don't have to flash the separate zip.

Nah, dun add face unlock, just add a link to it on the OP, it isn't much of a hassle to flash it, besides, not all of us have FFC.

I'm not sure if it's a ROM problem, or a kernel problem, but.. when my wifi and data is on, but aren't being used and I try to connect to xda or something, it doesn't connect, I have to toggle airplane mode and untoggle it to have it connect.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

blackoakx22

Sep 10, 2010
Just a few more mods.

landscape lockscreen and menu unlock enabled: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13269053/ICS/Landscape-lockscreen%20and%20menu%20unlock.zip

Landscape lockscreen only: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13269053/ICS/Accurate%20battery%20and%20ladscape%20lockscreen%20only.zip

Portrait lockscreen and menu unlock only: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13269053/ICS/accurate%20battery%20and%20menu%20unlock%20only.zip

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Did anyone test if they still have mute/unmute bug in this rom ?
Yes mute/unmute bug is still there for me

treyvaporizer

Dec 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
You have the gb bootloaders. This happens when you flash another ROM while on those bootloaders. It doesn't present any greater risk, it is a cosmetic issue. Either keep it or flash the bootloaders again after installing the ROM of your choice.

Edit: I forgot to quote the queston I was relying to. This was for the people questioning the "vibrant" logo changing during boot after flashing this.

Yea I was reading into that after I read the boot loader thread. Thanks for clarifying

Sent from my iced vibrant

TR88

Oct 8, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Nah, dun add face unlock, just add a link to it on the OP, it isn't much of a hassle to flash it, besides, not all of us have FFC.

I'm not sure if it's a ROM problem, or a kernel problem, but.. when my wifi and data is on, but aren't being used and I try to connect to xda or something, it doesn't connect, I have to toggle airplane mode and untoggle it to have it connect.

I have the same issue on Neo's ICS Passion rom.

On another note, sixstring, you seemed to have added the list of problems from the captivate cm9 build rather than the i9000 build. Seeing how there are additional/different problems with the i9000 build I believe you should replace the list with the i9000 build's.

I have yet to try the rom but on I'd like to thank team Glitch for porting the rom. I very much enjoy the CyanogenMod Team's work.

Oh and as others have questioned, is E911 working on this build/kernel?

Last edited:

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have the same issue on Neo's ICS Passion rom.

On another note, sixstring, you seemed to have added the list of problems from the captivate cm9 build rather than the i9000 build. Seeing how their are additional/different problems with the i9000 build I believe you should replace the list with the i9000 build's.

I have yet to try the rom but on I'd like to thank team Glitch for porting the rom. I very much enjoy the CyanogenMod Team's work.

Oh and as others have questioned, is E911 working on this build/kernel?

I'm told it does, but that is not for sure. I do not have a Vibrant to test it on.

karimsaud21

Aug 11, 2010
Texas
How long do I have to leave my phone alone before it goes into deep idle? Because in NSTools it says 0 ms for deep idle duration

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FaultException has now posted an official Vibrant CM9 thread. This thread will now be a thread for kangs that have cherry-picks added on top. I will contact a moderator to move it to the general section now as well. The first one is compiling now, and the OP is under construction.

http://goo-inside.me/devs/glitch/CM9_Kangs/Vibrant
    Newest build:
    http://goo.gl/VycqY

Changed:
    GPS Works!
    SU Works!
    Everything important works!
    Am I missing an update log from 14? What's different?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
    Any idea when OP will be updated to include list of changes with 14?

So here's how this works: I do not own a Vibrant. I have a friend that does, so i maintain this for him and a few other guys. I am helping maintain and test kernels for four devices, I have work, and I have school, so i am quite limited on time. I do not make money from this ROM, in fact I lose money due to bandwidth costs. The more people bug me about it, the more likely I am to stop maintaining this ROM, or just stop posting it on XDA. The OP will get updated, I figured people would rather have a new build and no OP than the other way around. I also link to the i9000 OP in my OP, you can find the info yourself.
    Once device trees and such are pushed, how many would be interested in nightlies? As of now, build 14 only has 53 downloads. At that point, it probably wouldn't be worth the bandwidth costs to upload nightlies, but we'll see.

Edit: I'll also have to look and see at the end of the month how much bandwidth I'm using. I might have enough to be fine without paying extra, we'll see.
    New fixed build coming in a couple hours.