[PA Colors] [2013-05-21] Z_colors

Search This thread

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
I noticed that when I for example open a (gmail)app where the top and bottem bar become white and I leave it for idle so it goes to the lock screen the bars remain white until I unlock the screen and close the app. Is this considered to be a bug? Could it be PA related?

Image snipped

I installed Z colors through the recovery menu, however I´m unable to revert back to the default stock colors. See: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2463398

Sorry I missed these, had a couple of busy months and must've missed the notification.
The first item: The statusbar colors on the lockscreen stay the same for the currently open app. This is how the PA hybrid engine works.

Item the second: There is no one click method to get rid of the applied Zcolors without removing any other modifications you have made in the hybrid properties, this is a limitation of the Hybrid Engine. There are three ways I can think of off of the top of my head to revert these colors:
1. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Apps, then click on the app you want to revert to stock, then click the reset icon (circle arrow with a dot in the middle). Repeat for each app.
OR
2. Using a file explorer, go to /system/etc/paranoid/ and open properties.conf. under ##SYSTEM PREFERENCES you will see a bunch of entries like "com.facebook.katana.colors="FFCBD2DF|B2FFFFFF|FFFFFFFF|FF5975B0|FFFFFFFF". Delete the lines for the apps you don't want the coloring on.
OR
3. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Tools > Reset Properties. This will get rid of all Zcolors and any other modifications you have made to per app colors/dpi. If that doesn't bother you, then this will be the quickest easiest route.

Also, If after doing that, you want the Zcolor option to go away, you can go to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/ and delete Z_Colors.xml. All my flashable file does is drop that XML in the right folder and set permissions correctly for it.

Again, sorry I didn't answer this sooner.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here is a pet project I've been working on, search didn't yield that anyone else had posted something similar.
    Basically it adds another button on the Hybrid properties launch section, where you would see the different ui buttons, that contains color presets for more apps.

Includes:
    Xda app (regular, pro, and tab) (dark theme)
    Instagram
    Netflix
    Gmail
    Flipboard
    Ingress
    Stock clock
    Dropbox
    Alarm Clock Xtreme
    Evernote
    MyScript Calculator
    News & Weather
    Dialer
    Facebook
    Facebook Messenger
    Hangouts
    Google Plus
    Apex Launcher (Transparent statusbar)
    Email
    Grocery IQ
    BaconReader (reddit app)
    BeyondPod
    Kindle
    iHeartRadio
    Google Play Music (there seems to be some kind of bug with this one)
    Google Keep
    Notes Lite by Fluffy Delusions

If you have more color presets, feel free to post them and I'll add them in if they look right.

Flashable zip version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxbq57khasraqxx/Z_colors-2013-05-21.zip
    Manual version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oadn3izkqz1k805/Z_colors-2013-05-21.xml

For the manual version, copy the Xml to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/
    Set perm to rw-r--r--

Undo options

There is no one click method to get rid of the applied Zcolors without removing any other modifications you have made in the hybrid properties, this is a limitation of the Hybrid Engine. There are three ways I can think of off of the top of my head to revert these colors:
    1. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Apps, then click on the app you want to revert to stock, then click the reset icon (circle arrow with a dot in the middle). Repeat for each app.
    OR
    2. Using a file explorer, go to /system/etc/paranoid/ and open properties.conf. under ##SYSTEM PREFERENCES you will see a bunch of entries like "com.facebook.katana.colors="FFCBD2DF|B2FFFFFF|FFF FFFFF|FF5975B0|FFFFFFFF". Delete the lines for the apps you don't want the coloring on.
    OR
    3. Go to Settings > Hybrid Properties > Tools > Reset Properties. This will get rid of all Zcolors and any other modifications you have made to per app colors/dpi. If that doesn't bother you, then this will be the quickest easiest route.

Also, If after doing that, you want the Zcolor option to go away, you can go to /system/etc/paranoid/preferences/ and delete Z_Colors.xml. All my flashable file does is drop that XML in the right folder and set permissions correctly for it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version History
    -2013-05-21
    Changed from default PA colors:
    Facebook
    Hangouts
    Plus
    Added:
    Apex Launcher Transparent statusbar
    Email
    Grocery IQ
    Bacon Reader
    Facebook Messenger
    BeyondPod
    Kindle
    iHeartRadio
    Google Play Music (there seems to be something preventing this one from working)
    Google Keep
    Notes Lite by Fluffy Delusions

2013-03-15
    Added:
    Ingress
    Stock clock
    Dropbox
    Alarm Clock Xtreme
    Evernote
    MyScript Calculator (one of my new favorite apps)
    News & Weather
    Dialer

-2013-02-22
    Fixed permissions
    Added screenshots

-2013-02-21
    Initial upload
    Re: [PA Colors] [2031-02-21] Z_colors

Awesome! Can you post some screenshots of what they look like?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Re: [PA Colors] [2013-02-22] Z_colors

Will do

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

21st is the date on the one i flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Really nice and work great, thanks! I like the idea of changing app colours but haven't got around to doing it!