[Q] Heat problem

Search This thread

baubbelayponge

Jun 26, 2014
Hello,

This night I left my phone plugged in to charge it.
When I woke up 6h30 later, it was boiling hot and not just hot like the times I play games on it. It was hot all over, front and back!

I unplugged it and the phone switched off by itself.
I waited 15 minutes for it to cool and then switched it back on.

It's working fine but I'm afraid it's lifespan has been dramatically reduced.

I've attache the battery settings screen after the incident.
Apparently, the phone charge blocked something like half an hour after being plugged in and the overheat lasted 6 hours...
And the security system activated only after unplugging.

My questions :

Do you think the phone could be badly damaged?
Is there a way to check the battery temp history?
If the phone still works fine, should I still give google a call?

Thanks

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 92

Electrospaz

Feb 16, 2013
Coquitlam
I've been experiencing hear issues lately as well. I looked into weekdays running in the background and what is keeping my phone awake. Tweaked a few songs here and there. So far it hasn't been getting quite as hot, but it's just my first day results.

A while ago I was using a third party charger overnight from 10% or so. After roughly 6 hours it was only at 49%and screaming hot. Changed up chargers since and haven't had that issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dk0108

Mar 25, 2012
Use the charger provided along with the device or one with a similar ampere rating for best results.

and for your above battery issue try to switch off the device and charge, see if that helps. If it's just a calibration issue then it'll be fixed. Otherwise you'll have to get the battery replaced.

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
I had an issue with my battery and heat. The phone was getting warmer every day (or week).
I noticed that their was a little bump on the back cover. After having removed it, i realized that the battery had nearly doubled its size.
I purchased a new battery (original), and i don't have any heat issue anymore.
The old battery was a year and a half old.