FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,237

Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2011, 05:02 AM |#101  
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 207

More
10 satellites first try on vu2.37 great job boss

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
18th September 2011, 07:30 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyrasta.702

10 satellites first try on vu2.37 great job boss

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Good to hear. I'm not sure that I'll be getting it any quicker, but my goal will be reliability next. Just might be that I get another couple seconds shaved off with my little secret!
18th September 2011, 09:09 PM |#103  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 42

More
thanks!! i got 7 sattelites inside my room XD just 10 meters accuracy but i think that in sky view the accuracy will get better
18th September 2011, 09:36 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuyo11

thanks!! i got 7 sattelites inside my room XD just 10 meters accuracy but i think that in sky view the accuracy will get better

Outside and case off inside I get 2m accuracy.

EDIT:
Check out this recent test. I had the same results on v1.3 and v1.4 (future release). I was using ARHD 6.1 and ARHD recommended radio. I was sitting on my couch with nothing but a wood and shingled roof over my head. It's a partly cloudy day. I received similar results on VU 2.37.

The patch works. Other things can have a profound effect on individual results. Example: Flash a different radio other than the radio recommended for a ROM by its DEV? Well, then you don't have the right drivers (RIL files). Flash those.
20th September 2011, 11:17 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
One thing that no patch has managed to fix for me is the inconsistency of my GPS. It'll often work great right after flashing an update... but then a number of days later, it will take minutes to lock, or won't at all. This is usually remedied by rebooting.

Anyone have similar experiences or any ideas?
20th September 2011, 11:26 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforce2006

One thing that no patch has managed to fix for me is the inconsistency of my GPS. It'll often work great right after flashing an update... but then a number of days later, it will take minutes to lock, or won't at all. This is usually remedied by rebooting.

Anyone have similar experiences or any ideas?

Please give us specifics about your location and environment.

1. Do you have a case on the phone?
2. Are you testing inside or outside?
3. What's your field of view like as far as the sky is concerned?
4. Where abouts are you located?
5. What ROM are you using?
6. What radio and RIL?
7. Have you followed the instructions to let it "learn" as I like to say in the Notes section?
21st September 2011, 07:32 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
epic patch!!
THis patch works like a charm. on CM7 i almost never got a lock. not even on one sat, and now with cm7 nightly 201, i get 10 sats to lock and stay locked for as long as i need. i recently took a trip which was about 2.5 hours and navigation never once had to recheck for sats and was dead on even through tunnels and highly congested areas like downtown chicago!

Well done indeed!

Thanks,
Dag
21st September 2011, 08:41 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Please give us specifics about your location and environment.

1. Do you have a case on the phone?
2. Are you testing inside or outside?
3. What's your field of view like as far as the sky is concerned?
4. Where abouts are you located?
5. What ROM are you using?
6. What radio and RIL?
7. Have you followed the instructions to let it "learn" as I like to say in the Notes section?

1. no
2. outside. Usually in a car, however.
3. Random. The poor quality shows up randomly, after a certain amount of time, regardless of weather.
4. Southern Central Pennsylvania
5. CM7 nightly build 123 (this has happened on all ROMS ever used, however)
6. radio 12.39a.60.19U_26.06.06.30_M. RIL is for that radio, though I don't remember the name and forget how to find that.
7. yes

As I've hinted at, this is a seemingly random occurrence that happens over time, regardless of sky conditions or time of day. Many times, simply rebooting the phone will decrease lock time and increase satellites acquired. I don't know why... haven't the faintest idea.
21st September 2011, 08:54 AM |#109  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,444

Donate to Me
More
Had something interesting happen tonight. 10 sat lock indoors, but they could only pinpoint me to a distance of about 350 feet? Anyone else ever see anything like that? Lol it was odd.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons
21st September 2011, 03:00 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforce2006

As I've hinted at, this is a seemingly random occurrence that happens over time, regardless of sky conditions or time of day. Many times, simply rebooting the phone will decrease lock time and increase satellites acquired. I don't know why... haven't the faintest idea.

Very strange indeed. If we can rule out patch and the ROM, we are left with radio, RIL, and hardware. Inspire's aren't prone to the major issues first production DHD's are prone to, or at least I haven't heard of it. So that would almost rule out hardware.

You're sure nothing metallic or otherwise is degrading signal? The GPS antenna is on the same back plate that the flash is. I doubt you're putting it on or around something to block its reception, though.

Flash the radio and RIL recommended for you. You're using a newer one. But, maybe try the release version? Also, I've heard CM lately has bad coding for GPS and that a number of HTC Sensation users can't get service regardless of what's tried because of defects in the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

Had something interesting happen tonight. 10 sat lock indoors, but they could only pinpoint me to a distance of about 350 feet? Anyone else ever see anything like that? Lol it was odd.

I have that happen when I'm inside and have a case on my phone. Without it, I get about 9ft inside. Cloudy? Rainy? People living above you put foil on their floor to protect against aliens?
21st September 2011, 04:52 PM |#111  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Just flashed last night (est), seemed to work well after flash. Locking onto 6-7 sats, going to give it a day or two and see what happens.

sent from my Inspire 4G (rooted; s-off), using xda app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)