FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,237

Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2011, 04:52 PM |#111  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Just flashed last night (est), seemed to work well after flash. Locking onto 6-7 sats, going to give it a day or two and see what happens.

sent from my Inspire 4G (rooted; s-off), using xda app.
21st September 2011, 11:47 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

Had something interesting happen tonight. 10 sat lock indoors, but they could only pinpoint me to a distance of about 350 feet? Anyone else ever see anything like that? Lol it was odd.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

When indoors, the GPS signal can bounce off of walls or get slowed through double-pane windows. This makes the signal appear to be more distant, thereby confusing the GPS as it tries to triangulate your position. The fact that you can even GET a lock at all indoors is pretty good testimony to this patch.

- Jim
22nd September 2011, 12:04 AM |#113  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r

When indoors, the GPS signal can bounce off of walls or get slowed through double-pane windows. This makes the signal appear to be more distant, thereby confusing the GPS as it tries to triangulate your position. The fact that you can even GET a lock at all indoors is pretty good testimony to this patch.

- Jim

You know, each time I make a new beta or whatever, I like to walk around the flat and see my blue dot jumping around!!! Its kind of funny as it's always within 9 ft (3m) of my location. I'm tempted to track my wife now that it's so good!!!
22nd September 2011, 03:54 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Very strange indeed. If we can rule out patch and the ROM, we are left with radio, RIL, and hardware. Inspire's aren't prone to the major issues first production DHD's are prone to, or at least I haven't heard of it. So that would almost rule out hardware.

You're sure nothing metallic or otherwise is degrading signal? The GPS antenna is on the same back plate that the flash is. I doubt you're putting it on or around something to block its reception, though.

Flash the radio and RIL recommended for you. You're using a newer one. But, maybe try the release version?

What is the release version? Sorry.
22nd September 2011, 03:58 AM |#115  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforce2006

What is the release version? Sorry.

For what? The radio? You would need the radio and RIL for your specific ROM you choose to use.

Oh. And, you would need to get a radio for the Android version you're using. Have you swapped radios before? If you are using the ATT radio which came with the phone and you flashed Gingerbread, I'd swap out for a Gingerbread radio.
22nd September 2011, 08:04 AM |#116  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,444

Donate to Me
More
Tried again tonight, as I knew the results last time weren't typical for me or anyone else, and sure enough, saw sats in seconds, then a 32-foot lock immediately after.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons
22nd September 2011, 02:36 PM |#117  
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Sorry re-posted in Captivate thread..
25th September 2011, 10:02 PM |#118  
Flag Front Royal, VA
Thanks Meter: 89

More
AMAZING!!! My wires Inspire couldn't get a lock after 15 minutes of being on. Loaded this patch, 10/10 says in under 30 seconds with an error of 4m! Blew my [email protected]#$%&g mind!

A MUST HAVE!

Thanks again!!!

Sent from my Captivate (Mosaic MVII) using the XDA App
28th September 2011, 02:54 AM |#119  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,052

More
I'm currently running Android Revolution 6.1.1 and was having the worst GPS signal of all time. I have the recommended radio flashed and gave it time to settle and still no dice. Flashed this 10 minutes ago, and have since locked on to 9 sats. I was locking on to 1, 2 if I was in the middle of the dog field out next to my house and was feeling lucky. Needless to say, it works! amazing!!!
28th September 2011, 03:00 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM-BACONSTRIPS

I'm currently running Android Revolution 6.1.1 and was having the worst GPS signal of all time. I have the recommended radio flashed and gave it time to settle and still no dice. Flashed this 10 minutes ago, and have since locked on to 9 sats. I was locking on to 1, 2 if I was in the middle of the dog field out next to my house and was feeling lucky. Needless to say, it works! amazing!!!

Thank you for the great feedback... I'm in the process of prepping v2.0. Beta testers are toying with the second beta now. Expect to see that version go live in a week or two.
28th September 2011, 04:50 AM |#121  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,052

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Thank you for the great feedback... I'm in the process of prepping v2.0. Beta testers are toying with the second beta now. Expect to see that version go live in a week or two.

No problem man! The only way the devs can produce quality stuff is by getting quality feedback..I'm honestly blown away by this fix...my GPS is accurate to 60feet..girlfriend is joking that she can now track my movement since my GPS isn't 1000 meters accurate anymore
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)